Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Lack of Offense Control for Lamar

Lol. The fire Harbaugh crowd back out of the sand. Still going to be having this convo in 10 years

Lamar regularly audibles in and out of plays. The O-line isn't playing well because we've seen a huge drop off at RG, our WR2 doesn't understand the offense (every time Miles is blocking when he's supposed to be catching is because...wait for it...he didn't catch the audible), and our QB is literally doing poorly at everything the scouting report says he does poorly.

It's funny because every fanbase under the sun makes this same thread when their QB isn't playing well. Perhaps...he just isn't playing well? "Lack of offensive control..." give me a break. The entire offense is predicated on Lamar reading the defense. Just re-title the thread "I STILL DON'T LIKE JOHN HARBAUGH" and be done with it.
    Last edited by 4Fights; 10-19-2020 at 03:26 AM.

Dam you dudes do realize lamar is still only 23 years old right lol!! What were you doing at 23 years old? God forbid if the kid isn't the MVP every years and the oline is shit no one can catch when the game is on the line. Ravens fans are literally the most spoiled fans out of all the teams. Wtf would you be doing if the Ravens didn't draft lamar!! Does the team need work yes, has lamar looked like last years lamar no! But at the end of the day we are 5-1 and could be 3-2!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    The biggest things that I have gathered from these last few games is:

A: IOL is awful
    B: play calling is not nearly the same as last year
    C: Lamar looks to constantly stares down his receivers
    D: Short routes are the main reads

I could be wrong, but this is what I have picked up on through the first 6 games
    somewhat agree with this - especially A/B. The middle of the line was getting destroyed and the playcalling is still a little suspect.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

If you use your eyes and listen to good commentators, one not on this team, you can clearly see that the lack of a proper 1 off-season 2 training camp 3 pre-season has clearly effected the team. Top to bottom you can tell this effected them. The effects are throughout the league but they hit hardest to the young guys. The new guys.

It's why Queen looks lost at times
    It's why the WR look lost at times
    It's why Lamar hasn't seemed to develop more and he's throwing to the guys he trusts

It's why the league is allowing holding on pass protection plays.

The lack of time is clearly a detriment

The bye week will help but it may not be enough

Wow. I recall so many threads about "lack of control" when Flacco was around. I don't think it has anything to do with "not being in control of the offense". The man we're talking about was an mvp last year.

What he can control are his reads. Too much trust in 15 and 89 and throwing in far too tight windows (i.e forcing it). Needs to spread the ball out more. Last I read Snead has a higher catch rate than 15 and 89.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    If you use your eyes and listen to good commentators, one not on this team, you can clearly see that the lack of a proper 1 off-season 2 training camp 3 pre-season has clearly effected the team. Top to bottom you can tell this effected them. The effects are throughout the league but they hit hardest to the young guys. The new guys.

It's why Queen looks lost at times
    It's why the WR look lost at times
    It's why Lamar hasn't seemed to develop more and he's throwing to the guys he trusts

It's why the league is allowing holding on pass protection plays.

The lack of time is clearly a detriment

The bye week will help but it may not be enough
    If the lack of a proper offseason is one reason you attribute to our struggles then I think that's a great problem when we're 5-1. We have issues and that's goes beyond sloppy play and execution. Better to have these problems now and than say weeks 13-16. I do think we'll get better.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Lamar just needs to play better. Yes, we need a number 1, yes Greg Roman isn’t calling the best plays. But Lamar is at fault too and isn’t playing well. It is what it is.

Definitely didn't think he'd be the second highest graded but didn't think he was as bad as the board thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Why are they trying to make Lamar in the NFL prototype pocket passer? Especially with a line that is deficient in their ability to pass block; of course the OL is not excelling in run blocking either.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Why are they trying to make Lamar in the NFL prototype pocket passer? Especially with a line that is deficient in their ability to pass block; of course the OL is not excelling in run blocking either.
    That’s what Lamar wants to be. Ask him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamb17 View Post
    Dam you dudes do realize lamar is still only 23 years old right lol!! What were you doing at 23 years old?
    Dropped out of college and waiting tables / bartending!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Definitely didn't think he'd be the second highest graded but didn't think he was as bad as the board thought.
    Wow, that's a surprise.