Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marshal Yanda

Re: Marshal Yanda

Gotta start Powers imo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Gotta start Powers imo
    Totally agree. Mekari was getting pushed around out there today. He has no business playing ahead of Powers at RG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Totally agree. Mekari was getting pushed around out there today. He has no business playing ahead of Powers at RG.

Yeah and Phillips looked really bad. And Powers has looked awesome in his limited snaps. I’m betting they take a long look at RG during the bye

Blog Entries

Yeah and Phillips looked really bad. And Powers has looked awesome in his limited snaps. I’m betting they take a long look at RG during the bye
    The Ravens coaching staff values position versatility very highly. Powers is not as versatile as some other guys they have, but he is the best RG on their roster. They should just stick him at RG and move on.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

5. Re: Marshal Yanda

Gotta start Powers imo
    Really could start Fluker.

In the context of "oh boy Yanda wasn't just a good blocker, but he was smart and told other people what to do" maybe vet Fluker could do a little more of that than rookie Tyre.

If these wins are not good enough, and training Tyre now so that he can be better in the future is not good enough even though the Ravens are winning, the solution to me would be Fluker. Fluker is a right guard, has been playing right guard as a starter in the NFL for a few years now. Whatever problem RG might be, it isn't causing losses. Fluker I think is the safest choice, Tyre the riskier choice with the higher ceiling, and Tyre hasn't done well, PFF really doesn't like him, but the Ravens are winning, and presumably Tyre will be better when he needs to be, in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post

In the context of "oh boy Yanda wasn't just a good blocker, but he was smart and told other people what to do" maybe vet Fluker could do a little more of that than rookie Tyre.

If these wins are not good enough, and training Tyre now so that he can be better in the future is not good enough even though the Ravens are winning, the solution to me would be Fluker. Fluker is a right guard, has been playing right guard as a starter in the NFL for a few years now. Whatever problem RG might be, it isn't causing losses. Fluker I think is the safest choice, Tyre the riskier choice with the higher ceiling, and Tyre hasn't done well, PFF really doesn't like him, but the Ravens are winning, and presumably Tyre will be better when he needs to be, in the playoffs.
    The coaches put Phillips in there for a reason. Maybe he practices better. Maybe he shows more in the film room. Maybe he grades better in games. Who knows, but they obviously think he's the best option.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens coaching staff values position versatility very highly. Powers is not as versatile as some other guys they have, but he is the best RG on their roster. They should just stick him at RG and move on.

I mean, Yanda has arms so short it would’ve been insanely hard for him to play anything other than RG. Luckily he was some sort of mythical creature and could play Tackle in a pinch, but that is not normal for someone with his body, and certainly wasn’t known when he was early in his career. I think for depth, you’re 100% right they want that versatility, but I see them historically letting the best man win the start for the o line.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post

I want the linemen with the best reps on the field, it’s really that simple. And Fluker, Phillips, and Mekari in my opinion have not put out nearly as good of reps as Powers, limited as they may be.

Blog Entries

Fluker has been good when he has played

he should be starting at RG but i think they dont want to risk him getting hurt since hes basically the only olineman they can trust to start at tackle if Stanley or OB gets hurt

I 100% expect Fluker to start in the playoffs though

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    Fluker has been good when he has played

he should be starting at RG but i think they dont want to risk him getting hurt since hes basically the only olineman they can trust to start at tackle if Stanley or OB gets hurt

I 100% expect Fluker to start in the playoffs though
    Fluker hasn’t been good imo and no way they make changes to the starting o line in the playoffs. That’s such a position that just has to get on the same page across the unit.

Fluker hasn’t been good imo and no way they make changes to the starting o line in the playoffs. That’s such a position that just has to get on the same page across the unit.
    When? If anything they look like they’re getting worse not better. Gotta change something and bye week is a good time to do it.

Didn't we switch up our oline going into the 2012 playoffs. Pretty sure we moved oher to the right side and started McKinnon at left for the SB run.

Its not unheard of.