Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marshal Yanda

Re: Marshal Yanda

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    When? If anything they look like they’re getting worse not better. Gotta change something and bye week is a good time to do it.
    100% I totally think they need to make a change at the bye. Just not going into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Didn't we switch up our oline going into the 2012 playoffs. Pretty sure we moved oher to the right side and started McKinnon at left for the SB run.

Its not unheard of.
    I honestly have no idea I’d never realized that. I was in high school during the SB run and much more in the weeds of my own high school football team’s film than the pros at that point.

3. Re: Marshal Yanda

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The coaches put Phillips in there for a reason. Maybe he practices better. Maybe he shows more in the film room. Maybe he grades better in games. Who knows, but they obviously think he's the best option.
    The reason they're putting him in there is because Fluker is not the future. Tyre might be. If a player is worse, like I'd say Tyre is right now, but you like him, think he'll be good soon enough, and if you need snaps to get better, put him in, because you're almost always winning. If that "almost always winning" wasn't there, then maybe you put Fluker in at RG, because if you look at his PFF, this year, other years, it's not as low as Tyre's is right now.

They're winning, it's not a problem, and whatever plan they have, everything needs to be good or sufficient to win all the playoff games.

It's plausible - not necessarily probable, that they already have their run first with running QB plan ready for the playoffs. Maybe it has Fluker at RG. They say he lost a lot of weight, in great shape, etc. I read that and I thought "I'm looking forward to seeing Fluker for run blocking excellence". But what we're seeing is training a rookie which does need to be done at some time, why not now? Maybe they know what Fluker can do with the run game from the RG spot, and are waiting to use that when it matters, the playoffs. I think they're holding back a good amount of stuff, not using it when you don't need to.

Off topic. Does anyone remember a week ago when we thought that Lamar was hurt or dinged up and and some including me thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea to put RGIII in there?

Well, Lamar didn't look hurt at all. He ran great. We don't have to worry about Lamar not being in top shape against the Steelers. Something that we were worried about was resolved favorably. Imaginary problems remain.

How soon could Yanda come out of retirement and get his weight back up

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Re: Marshal Yanda

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    For you, Culex, three weeks. But just cuz you asked so nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    For you, Culex, three weeks. But just cuz you asked so nicely.
    Any faster if I make a thread about it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Sounds like we should have drafted an OL in the 1st or 2nd round. Not a knock on the guys we got but did we really really really need jk dobbins?
    Did we really really need JO when we drafted him? did we really really need Humphries when we drafted him? If Ingram's ankle ends up being a lingering injury, then we will see how much we needed Dobbins.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Didn't we switch up our oline going into the 2012 playoffs. Pretty sure we moved oher to the right side and started McKinnon at left for the SB run.

Its not unheard of.
    Yes we made several changes on the O line for the playoff run. McKinnie moved to LT, Osemele to LG, and Oher to RT. that was a big shake up and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Sounds like we should have drafted an OL in the 1st or 2nd round. Not a knock on the guys we got but did we really really really need jk dobbins?
    Ingram just had an injury

We really need to trade for a veteran guard period
    Last edited by boller4president; 10-19-2020 at 08:42 AM.