Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 194 Yards Rushing

Removing the two big runs provides context which I think is important when evaluating how effective or ineffective the run defense was or wasn't. It could highlight consistencies or inconsistencies. It obviously doesn't alter the outcome. Don't know why that approach is being criticize. You never want to give up the big play so the Ravens should be chatised for poor pursuit or poor gap discpline (or lack of) on those two plays
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

2. Re: 194 Yards Rushing

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lmaooo
    Hey Mmc. Could you do us a favor and refrain from quoting that dude. He's a bad troll and the less of his garbage we accidentally get on us (those of us who have him ignored), the better it'll be.

Danke schoen!

Has anybody seen Chuck Clark this season? Starting to seem very Jaggish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Hey Mmc. Could you do us a favor and refrain from quoting that dude. He's a bad troll and the less of his garbage we accidentally get on us (those of us who have him ignored), the better it'll be.

Danke schoen!
    Facts, I don’t even know why I feel into that trap lol

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Removing the two big runs provides context which I think is important when evaluating how effective or ineffective the run defense was or wasn't. It could highlight consistencies or inconsistencies. It obviously doesn't alter the outcome. Don't know why that approach is being criticize.
    It's being criticized because people are treating it like we gave up 80 yards, and acting like it's not that bad. The assumption is that a game where a team gives up 80 yards rushing is not bad.

But that's flawed. 80 yards is an acceptable standard for run defense in a game only if you're talking about the ENTIRE game. If you're talking about all but a teams best two carries, then 80 yards is not a good standard. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

And BTW, even if we go with the 80 yards, it was on SIXTEEN carries. I'll leave it to y'all to do the math on the YPC on that.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Yeah, run defense was trash *eyeroll*

Miles Sanders (Who is a pretty elusive back)
    #1 - Q1 Drive2 - No Gain
    #2 - Q1 Drive2 - 2 yards
    #3 - Q1 Drive3 - 4 yards
    #4 - Q1 Drive4 - 5 yards
    #5 - Q2 Drive5 - 1 yard
    #6 - Q2 Drive6 - 1 yard
    #7 - Q2 Drive7 - 26 yards (16 seconds left, passing situation - missed FG)
    #8 - Q3 Drive8 - 5 yards
    #9 - Q3 Drive8 - 74 yards (fumble recovered for TD)
    *7:32 remaining in Q3*
    Q4(14:16) B.Scott, -1 yards (1st & Goal @ 2 yard line) [TD to wide open Croom next play]
    Q4(10:01) Wentz - 5 yards
    Q4(5:54) Wentz - 40 yards
    Q4(2:13) B. Scott - 5 yards (1st & Goal @ 6 yard line)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Has anybody seen Chuck Clark this season? Starting to seem very Jaggish to me.
    Almost Like Earl was playing better than suggested and making him look good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    Yeah, run defense was trash *eyeroll*

Miles Sanders (Who is a pretty elusive back)
    #1 - Q1 Drive2 - No Gain
    #2 - Q1 Drive2 - 2 yards
    #3 - Q1 Drive3 - 4 yards
    #4 - Q1 Drive4 - 5 yards
    #5 - Q2 Drive5 - 1 yard
    #6 - Q2 Drive6 - 1 yard
    #7 - Q2 Drive7 - 26 yards (16 seconds left, passing situation - missed FG)
    #8 - Q3 Drive8 - 5 yards
    #9 - Q3 Drive8 - 74 yards (fumble recovered for TD)
    *7:32 remaining in Q3*
    Q4(14:16) B.Scott, -1 yards (1st & Goal @ 2 yard line) [TD to wide open Croom next play]
    Q4(10:01) Wentz - 5 yards
    Q4(5:54) Wentz - 40 yards
    Q4(2:13) B. Scott - 5 yards (1st & Goal @ 6 yard line)
    Welll... yeah. I mean, I wouldn't go as far as to say "trash" but if you think that's good, you've got an odd definition of good.

They only ran the ball 18 times -- and THREE of them went for more than 20 yards. And even if you take out the two long ones like everyone wants to do, they still averaged 5 YPC.

Or look at it another way. They had a zero, a 2, and three 1-yard gains. That's five carries where the defense won. Philly won the other 13.

On what planet is that good?

Yesterday Derrick Henry had runs of:

3 yards,
    and 5

That looks pretty good right? Dominant day for the Texans D. Most of the day they held Henry to about 3 YPC.

All I had to do was take out the four of his 22 carries that went for double digits. (34,18,94,14)
    Last edited by HotInHere; 10-19-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    So, yesterday, if you take out Derrick Henry's two long runs, he had 84 yards on 20 carries. Would you say the Texans did a good job of controlling Henry?
    You're missing the context of this thread, so I'm going to post the OP again:

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Without Brandon Williams, Philly amassed 194 yards rushing. History repeating itself again. Discuss.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    If you'd taken the time to read the posts from chaos and myself, you'd see the answer to the comment I posited.

The replacement for Brandon Williams, Jelly Ellis, did a poor job on the long Sanders run.

So yeah - the Ravens missed Brandon Williams Sunday. I said they were going to before the game, and they did.

We are in agreement... I think.