Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Eagles Post Game

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I agree. It will be coming off a bye too with a ton of time to prepare. If they lose a close game then I can stomach it. If they get their doors blown off then it's time to sound the alarm

I think Mahomes could have a season ending injury and the Ravens still wouldn't make it to a SB this year... I would put it that way
    Agreed. The Ravens are somewhat of an illusion, but they can’t control the schedule. They did what they were supposed to do against inferior teams but the games against better competition are coming up.

Right now I would expect another one and done if they can’t get any better than what they are right now.

Did Powers play

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Harbs says no serious injuries
    OK, but Ingram and Averett went out in the first half and didn't return. Phillips went out in the 4th too... Bc

I don't think so either

This board will meltdown when the trade deadline passes and we do nothing... I think we're a good team (Top 10) and I'm going to enjoy the season but it just doesn't feel like their year as far as SB aspirations go
    Hmm.. perhaps, but they seem like a team primed to peak towards the end of the season and into the playoffs. Especially when I watch the offense, I have no idea what they're trying to do. I think they find their identity here in the coming weeks and the offense improves.
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

Blog Entries

The elephant in the room that everyone seems to avoid is obvious.
    You can hate on Boykin, lament that DuVernay isn’t involved more but the real personnel problem is that Hollywood isn’t playing like a true #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Agreed. The Ravens are somewhat of an illusion, but they can’t control the schedule. They did what they were supposed to do against inferior teams but the games against better competition are coming up.

Right now I would expect another one and done if they can’t get any better than what they are right now.
    The OL is silently the hole that is sinking the ship. As much as I want a true #1 WR you have to take a long hard look at the OL play/penalties/execution. You know.... I love Yanda to death. That man had the right to walk away whenever he wanted to... but I can't fathom why he retired after a 14-2 season. One last ride was exactly what the doctor ordered and he kinda left us hanging and the OL has gone to shambles

Its the same story different opponent, different week:
    -WR's are garage
    -OL struggled

Give the defense some credit, they actually got pressure and Campbell had 3 sacks. So there's improvement in the pass rush dept? (correct me if I'm wrong I didn't see the game). I think the big plays are a slight concern. It seems every week there's one or two big plays that the defense gives up , so that needs to be looked at (but seriously every team gives up a big play or 2 every week).

There's not a whole lot that can be done about changing the personnell right now. I think this team is the team we've got this year. They need to develop, coach, adn teach these guys and then they need to do a better job with the game plan.

The OL can get better. But, they need to look in the mirror and understand that they can be better. They lost Yanda and are just happy with being in position (which they don't do that well either). When Yanda was in there last year they had some piss and vinegar to their play and they liked getting after people. Now they just line up and stand there.

The Wr's are what they are. I honestly feel like you can't make a great WR. You either get one when you draft them or you get them in FA. Now, that could just be because I'm a Ravens fan and we've never understood how to evaluate WR's.

Lets just see how they do coming out of the bye. They've got a gauntlet of great teams coming up: Steelers, Colts, Pats, Titans, Steelers. If they get through that and only lose 1 or 2 I think that's a success. If they can get the Offense fired up and clicking and getting after that, then that's a win.

Blog Entries

The OL is silently the hole that is sinking the ship. As much as I want a true #1 WR you have to take a long hard look at the OL play/penalties/execution. You know.... I love Yanda to death. That man had the right to walk away whenever he wanted to... but I can't fathom why he retired after a 14-2 season. One last ride was exactly what the doctor ordered and he kinda left us hanging and the OL has gone to shambles
    Trading for Alex Mack would go a long way towards fixing the OL for this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    You can hate on Boykin, lament that DuVernay isn’t involved more but the real personnel problem is that Hollywood isn’t playing like a true #1.
    Nobody ever said Hollywood was a #1 WR. He's a mid-upper tier #2 and we've known that all along. That is literally the only WR getting open consistently and playing well. This is one of the most asinine post game comments I can remember. Literally criticizing one of the only pieces of the offense that is actually efficient.

The same guy white knighting for garbage Miles Boykin and posting entire pseudo-film breakdowns showing us how amazing he thinks Boykin is.... is pointing the finger at Hollywood. Unreal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Ravens need to sign AB. They aren’t going to be able to trade for a true #1 WR with no baggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

11. Re: Eagles Post Game

Against a 1-3-1 garbage team that was begging us to take them behind the woodshed and we still couldn't. We'll find out a lot against Pitt... that's for sure
    That same garbage team gave Steelers fans the same scare last week.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hollywood is all right but he hasn’t shown he’s going to or able to take a game over by sheer will like some receivers do. He just kind of shows up from time to time and pitches in here and there.