Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ok, then for "the right" trying to stop someone from having an abortion is no different.
    Except I can touch that 2 yr old. I can see that 2 yrs old. You can’t do either to a fetus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Except I can touch that 2 yr old. I can see that 2 yrs old. You can’t do either to a fetus.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you'd still try to save the kid if you knew it was behind a curtain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you'd still try to save the kid if you knew it was behind a curtain

For what it's worth, I'm an agnostic and a libertarian...

And I know that at some point between the first cell division and birth... that mass of cells becomes a person.

I think most people wouldn't argue this.

They simply differ over when.
    On this I agree. Right around 26 weeks or so when the fetus can survive outside the mother. Until then it’s goo.

Not that I’m ok or for any Abortion post first trimester.

Now you’re pandering. Just being silly.

Blog Entries

On this I agree. Right around 26 weeks or so when the fetus can survive outside the mother. Until then it’s goo.

Not that I’m ok or for any Abortion post first trimester.

At conception. New DNA separate from the mother and father is formed.

Blog Entries

THe point is, just because you can't see it or touch, does not mean it's not real or worth protecting.

I didn't think so.

I was being sincere. You cited your ability to see the child and touch them as the differentiator in your willingness to act on behalf of a 2 year old, as opposed to say a 8 month and 3 week old...

I think you're a decent guy. And I know without a moment's hesitation that if you knew there was a two year old that you couldn't see... but needed your help... you'd help without a second's hesitation.

I also know that if you encountered an 8 month old that you COULD see, that you'd do likewise.

I'm just trying to get you to see that this isn't an issue of trying to control someone else's life. I think that's a dismissal of some pretty honest disagreement.

People who object to this practice, do so because they sincerely believe in their heart, that there's a person in there. And medical science would suggest that this practice is performed when the literal only difference between the scenario your described (not being able to see and touch) and the scenario they describe (a viable human being) is a pretty thin curtain.

I would just ask that you try to understand and appreciate their beliefs. And understand that like mine.. they aren't necessarily founded in religion.

I didn't think so.

I was being sincere. You cited your ability to see the child and touch them as the differentiator in your willingness to act on behalf of a 2 year old, as opposed to say a 8 month and 3 week old...

I think you're a decent guy. And I know without a moment's hesitation that if you knew there was a two year old that you couldn't see... but needed your help... you'd help without a second's hesitation.

I also know that if you encountered an 8 month old that you COULD see, that you'd do likewise.

I'm just trying to get you to see that this isn't an issue of trying to control someone else's life. I think that's a dismissal of some pretty honest disagreement.

People who object to this practice, do so because they sincerely believe in their heart, that there's a person in there. And medical science would suggest that this practice is performed when the literal only difference between the scenario your described (not being able to see and touch) and the scenario they describe (a viable human being) is a pretty thin curtain.

I would just ask that you try to understand and appreciate their beliefs. And understand that like mine.. they aren't necessarily founded in religion.
    I’ve had this very discussion down here several times with some very worthy opponents! And you are correct.

Again. I’m not a “Abortion whenever “ guy. First trimester and medical reasons only is my stand. I don’t however believe it’s a child or person before it can live outside the mother. That’s what....22 weeks( earliest you date to survive and live “normal” ) I believe. 26 weeks is “normal” for a premie.

I personally don’t think it’s a “votable” issue. And if it is ...make it on a ballot and let’s have at it. Let the people speak. If We The People say it’s wrong ...so be it. I truly don’t think that would happen , hence why the extreme right won’t go that route.

I believe 100% in separation of church and state. I don’t think your religion or lack there of should have any bearing on politics. Unlike our Constitution and Bill Of Rights ...religion is Very Gray!

Of if the kid was on the internet, and laxdad was sitting next to a pervert on the internet in a library, or coffee shop. Does laxdad mean he wouldn’t try to save the child because he can’t see or touch the child.

Or even worse, with your name, I assume you are a dad. What if your lax kid walked into a bathroom, and a perv pulled him into a stall. Closed the door. Should everyone ignore his screams, because we can’t see or feels him?

I consider myself strongly conservative. But one topic I lean middle, is abortion. I think it should be an option, until the child can survive outside the womb, then it needs to not be legal.

Interesting that you can abort a baby at 5 months, but if you push a woman down the stairs at 5 months pregnant, and she doesn’t get injuried, but the fetus dies, you can be charged with murder????

I think you are reading too much into the “ can I see the kid “. Ow and NC know I meant “ not a fetus “. When a fetus is in the womb you can’t see it. It’s my belief that before that fetus can survive outside the mom ..it’s not a baby so I wouldn’t “defend it.

I actually just said that I feel about abortion the same as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Of if the kid was on the internet, and laxdad was sitting next to a pervert on the internet in a library, or coffee shop. Does laxdad mean he wouldn’t try to save the child because he can’t see or touch the child.

Or even worse, with your name, I assume you are a dad. What if your lax kid walked into a bathroom, and a perv pulled him into a stall. Closed the door. Should everyone ignore his screams, because we can’t see or feels him?

I consider myself strongly conservative. But one topic I lean middle, is abortion. I think it should be an option, until the child can survive outside the womb, then it needs to not be legal.

Interesting that you can abort a baby at 5 months, but if you push a woman down the stairs at 5 months pregnant, and she doesn’t get injuried, but the fetus dies, you can be charged with murder????
    I think that’s a screwed up law. If in fact it’s not a life at 5 months ...then how can you murder it?

Again. That’s why I’d say call for a ballot vote. Settle it once and for all.