Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Individual rights and liberties I agree are absolutes. That’s why I don’t have a problem with players kneeling. Protesters burning the flag. People speaking out against Abortion or gay marriage. Or gays being married. Gays adopting. Women’s right to Abortion.

It’s absolute. Unfortunately most on the right see it as all way right. Same goes for a lot or most of the left ..all things are flexible or demolishable. Both are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I try to avoid posting in the politics threads, but just want to say, SPOT ON!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I try to avoid posting in the politics threads, but just want to say, SPOT ON!!!

Do you usually post political threads in the ravens football board?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Do you usually post political threads in the ravens football board?
    Nope. I mostly just lurk here to see what people talk about but I don't like to engage

Nope. I mostly just lurk here to see what people talk about but I don't like to engage

I'm pretty sure you're wiser than those of us who do.

Thanks ITT! Hope you and the twins are doing great!

Blog Entries

Individual rights and liberties I agree are absolutes. That’s why I don’t have a problem with players kneeling. Protesters burning the flag. People speaking out against Abortion or gay marriage. Or gays being married. Gays adopting. Women’s right to Abortion.

It’s absolute. Unfortunately most on the right see it as all way right. Same goes for a lot or most of the left ..all things are flexible or demolishable. Both are wrong.

I think your position here is a bit unfair.

Many, many, many highly religious Conservatives in America have come a long way in terms of being more tolerant of everyone's sexual preferences, diversity, women's rights, etc. Furthermore, just because you're ok with something and someone else isn't doesn't mean that you're right and they're wrong.

There are certainly extremes on either side of the political ideology CIRCLE (it isn't linear...and it all leads to totalitarianism/authoritarianism), but by and large I would guesstimate that most Americans (Democrat or Republican) simply just want the government to do their job that they're elected to do and to stop trying to interfere in people's individual, day-to-day lives.

Any way you slice it, parts of the Democratic Party have moved more and more towards that authoritarian realm of the political ideology circle. Conservatives aren't the ones assaulting kids for wearing a fucking hat man.

You can take the position of wiping your hands from everything that's been happening for the past few years and doing the whole "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" thing, but we are where we are right now and it isn't the Rand Paul's or the Ben Shapiro's of the world that are making people leave California, Oregon, Washington, and NYC in droves and moving to places like Tennessee and Texas.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're wiser than those of us who do.
    Haha. I love to engage in person but I hate back and forth on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think your position here is a bit unfair.

Many, many, many highly religious Conservatives in America have come a long way in terms of being more tolerant of everyone's sexual preferences, diversity, women's rights, etc. Furthermore, just because you're ok with something and someone else isn't doesn't mean that you're right and they're wrong.

There are certainly extremes on either side of the political ideology CIRCLE (it isn't linear...and it all leads to totalitarianism/authoritarianism), but by and large I would guesstimate that most Americans (Democrat or Republican) simply just want the government to do their job that they're elected to do and to stop trying to interfere in people's individual, day-to-day lives.

Any way you slice it, parts of the Democratic Party have moved more and more towards that authoritarian realm of the political ideology circle. Conservatives aren't the ones assaulting kids for wearing a fucking hat man.

You can take the position of wiping your hands from everything that's been happening for the past few years and doing the whole "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" thing, but we are where we are right now and it isn't the Rand Paul's or the Ben Shapiro's of the world that are making people leave California, Oregon, Washington, and NYC in droves and moving to places like Tennessee and Texas.
    My point was ....the constitution is black and white. The bill of rights is black and white. Why is one side or the other constantly trying to change it?

People are certainly less religious now than anytime in the past. Look around.

I mean the joke goes ...if a Rep doesn’t like x,y,z he/she simply doesn’t do/ buy/ participate in x,y,z. Libs are the opposite. If they don’t like it they want it banned , abolished.

But yet it’s the Right who oppose Abortion. Gay marriage Gay adoption, kneeling during the anthem , burning the flag in protest.

And yes. The far left ( or Atleast that’s what they claim ) have cause tons of social unrest in the last 4 yrs and prob longer. But these events are far between and overly publicized by the liberal media.

Blog Entries

My point was ....the constitution is black and white. The bill of rights is black and white. Why is one side or the other constantly trying to change it?

People are certainly less religious now than anytime in the past. Look around.

I mean the joke goes ...if a Rep doesn’t like x,y,z he/she simply doesn’t do/ buy/ participate in x,y,z. Libs are the opposite. If they don’t like it they want it banned , abolished.

But yet it’s the Right who oppose Abortion. Gay marriage Gay adoption,
    kneeling during the anthem , burning the flag in protest.

And yes. The far left ( or Atleast that’s what they claim ) have cause tons of social unrest in the last 4 yrs and prob longer. But these events are far between and overly publicized by the liberal media.

Lax... if you saw someone about to kill a two year old, would you stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Lax... if you saw someone about to kill a two year old, would you stop them?
    Yup.

Blog Entries

Yup.

Ok, then for "the right" trying to stop someone from having an abortion is no different.

Yup.

For what it's worth, I'm an agnostic and a libertarian...

And I know that at some point between the first cell division and birth... that mass of cells becomes a person.

I think most people wouldn't argue this.

They simply differ over when.