Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

In the first three weeks of the season, the ratings in Republican households dropped 11%, 17% and 8%. In Democrat households, views were up 1% in week one, down 4% in week two and up 1% in week three.

https://abc13.com/football-ratings-2...ratic/7054615/

Re: Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

Best Forest Gump Voice...

"And Just Like That, the NFL Stopped Turning Football Games into Political Theater"

Re: Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

First of all. Liberals don’t like sports. It goes against their core values of competition. If liberals controlled sports, the teams that chose to got to parties and drink beer during the week, instead of practice, would be given 14-21 point head start each week

So when liberal viewers are up 1%. That’s like 3 more liberals accidentally left the tv on channel 13, after watching the morning talk show

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    First of all. Liberals don’t like sports. It goes against their core values of competition.
    I expect there's a goodly number of people upstairs that don't come down here in the smoky basement, that would beg to differ.

First of all. Liberals don’t like sports. It goes against their core values of competition. If liberals controlled sports, the teams that chose to got to parties and drink beer during the week, instead of practice, would be given 14-21 point head start each week

So when liberal viewers are up 1%. That’s like 3 more liberals accidentally left the tv on channel 13, after watching the morning talk show
    Actually though, you raise a very good point with regard to core audience.

https://www.statsocial.com/insights/...fl-teams-fans/

This is a very interesting link.

It suggests that on the whole, there is a significant right lean in the NFL's core audience.

Which means that the impact of the stats from the original post is even more significant than it appears.

In other words... if the NFL was down 17% among republicans... it was probably down more like 25% in total audience share.

No wonder they knocked this stupid shit off... the league office was probably being savaged by the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I expect there's a goodly number of people upstairs that don't come down here in the smoky basement, that would beg to differ.
    Unlikely. That’s like saying there are liberals that like the best ya got.

Again, if liberals ran sports, the teams would be made of of percentages of players, instead of the best available

Unlikely. That’s like saying there are liberals that like the best ya got.

Again, if liberals ran sports, the teams would be made of of percentages of players, instead of the best available
    Add to it, everyone would get a trophy.

Lol tell me in your estimation why liberals don't like competition?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Lol tell me in your estimation why liberals don't like competition?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    The better question, tell me why they do?

Liberals don’t like people feeling bad. And every game has a loser.
    Liberals like everyone to get a trophy
    Liberals don’t like games that keep score
    Liberals like to give advancement based on skin color instead of talent

What is there, about sports, that liberals like???

The better question, tell me why they do?

Liberals don’t like people feeling bad. And every game has a loser.
    Liberals like everyone to get a trophy
    Liberals don’t like games that keep score
    Liberals like to give advancement based on skin color instead of talent

What is there, about sports, that liberals like???
    This is BS.

When you sitting at any stadium you have no idea who is there and what their affiliation is. How about this. 80% of my friends lean left, most of them love sports. 20% of my friends lean right, most of them love sports.

I'm pretty sure my left leaning ass high fives and fist bumps a passionate Trump support each week in my section at the stadium.

The truth is that real sports fan don't really care. The folks gripping about politics in sports really have other bones to pick.

Hell, if Mark Andrews sported a MAGA hat in a presser....I would be like hmmm, interesting...but would instantly pivot to..I hope he catches two TDs this week... Glad he is on my team.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    This is BS.

When you sitting at any stadium you have no idea who is there and what their affiliation is. How about this. 80% of my friends lean left, most of them love sports. 20% of my friends lean right, most of them love sports.

I'm pretty sure my left leaning ass high fives and fist bumps a passionate Trump support each week in my section at the stadium.

The truth is that real sports fan don't really care. The folks gripping about politics in sports really have other bones to pick.

Hell, if Mark Andrews sported a MAGA hat in a presser....I would be like hmmm, interesting...but would instantly pivot to..I hope he catches two TDs this week... Glad he is on my team.

That may be true for you, but look at the grief brady got for simply having a MAGA hat in his locker 3 years ago.

The leagues also choose their pet causes and it tends to be one considered popular with a more liberal populace. I remember Costas going on off more gun control at halftime a few years back.

You think they'd ever allow Al Michaels to discuss to discuss the right to life?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Don Frye's Moustache; 10-18-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    This is BS.

......The truth is that real sports fan don't really care. The folks gripping about politics in sports really have other bones to pick.

I really wish that were universally true. And between guys like us it probably is. But then I see Ed Reed call Drew Brees a little punk as bitch when he politely explained that he supported the intent behind the BLM cause, and went on to explain why he thought kneeling was wrong during the Anthem.

And that makes me think that maybe your observation is not as broad as you think it is.