Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Roe used some impressive mental gymnastics to use the 14th amendment (the privacy section) to say state laws that ban abortion violate the constitution. As I said in my previous post, if Roe is struck down it will go back to individual states to determine the legality of abortion within their borders. Most likely this would be accomplished by voting for or against it, which you have already said is the best option.
    Not to “poke the bear” but I have to ask.....as someone who’s greatly opposed to abortion ..wouldn’t this be a better option? Let each state decide? Or have a national referendum to decide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Political party makes a difference in who is watching the NFL, according to ratings

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Roe used some impressive mental gymnastics to use the 14th amendment (the privacy section) to say state laws that ban abortion violate the constitution. As I said in my previous post, if Roe is struck down it will go back to individual states to determine the legality of abortion within their borders. Most likely this would be accomplished by voting for or against it, which you have already said is the best option.
    Republicans better pray that Roe never gets overturned, then.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'd say over half in sports-players and fans-lean right. They respect toughness, hard work, are competitive...attributes that the left doesn't support that much.They're more into entitlement and rights they claim to have.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Text OttoGrahamRules to 30330.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Not to “poke the bear” but I have to ask.....as someone who’s greatly opposed to abortion ..wouldn’t this be a better option? Let each state decide? Or have a national referendum to decide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who ever said I'm greatly opposed to abortion? It's pretty far down the list of reasons I vote. Sure I'd get rid of it if I could but there are a host of other things we've got to fix first.

Yes, each state should get to decide. As a Republican, I think states should be deciding a hell of a lot more than they do at the moment. My whole reason for being in this thread was to correct your misinterpretation of Roe.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Republicans better pray that Roe never gets overturned, then.

What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    I'd say over half in sports-players and fans-lean right. They respect toughness, hard work, are competitive...attributes that the left doesn't support that much.They're more into entitlement and rights they claim to have.
    I would say less players lean right. Maybe 1/3
    I would say most fans lean right. Maybe 2/3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    What does this mean?
    What it means is Roe has prevented pro-choice from being a major political issue for Democrats. There are some single-issue pro-choice voters on the Democratic side, but nothing compared to pro-life single-issue voters on the Republican side. Plus, it's meant Republicans can be volubly pro-life while never having to deliver.