Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Koch

Re: Sam Koch

We’re totally spoiled with elite kickers who are also tremendous athletes.

Koch might be the second best passer on the team currently.

He was our number one weapon during the Boller and Flacco years. In some ways I miss the ST battles of old in other ways not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i read a Sam Koch article (or maybe it was a video?) awhile ago that went into the different things he does. the article made it sound somewhat revolutionary rhat he had like 15 (guessing based on memory) different "kicks" the way a pitcher has a couple different pitches (fastball, slider, etc.). it didnt go into detail about each one. maybe one day during an offseason i'll try to find a list of tjem or go through the film trying to spot different ones. every offseason i plan on digging into ST a little more so those plays arent just boring plays every week but i never do.
    https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...no-one-noticed

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I also remember something like this. Don't think it was against the Bengals though. Per PFR, Koch has 14 career tackles. I watched all the tackles that Game Pass has video for (back to 2009), and I didn't find it. He had 6 tackles before then: 2006 wk 4 (SD) and 11 (ATL), 2007 wk 9 (PIT) and 16 (SEA), 2008 wk 5 (TEN) and 15 (PIT).
    Was it maybe negated by a penalty?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Koch might be the second best passer on the team currently.
    LOL x, Hmm... that may not be so far fetched. Make Koch the back-up QB and save $ on the Salary Cap (just kidding!)... Bc

7. Re: Sam Koch

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Was it maybe negated by a penalty?
    Definitely. I went through a few seasons of BAL-CIN matchups and watched all the punts (2009-2012). Still couldn't find it.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Definitely. I went through a few seasons of BAL-CIN matchups and watched all the punts (2009-2012). Still couldn't find it.
    Thanks for looking. I couldn't remember who the opponent was. All I remember was telling my wife immediately after that that returner should just head straight to the locker room. Couldn't imagine what it was like for him going back to the sideline after getting blown up by a punter like that.
    "Chin up, chest out."

9. Re: Sam Koch

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Thanks for looking. I couldn't remember who the opponent was. All I remember was telling my wife immediately after that that returner should just head straight to the locker room. Couldn't imagine what it was like for him going back to the sideline after getting blown up by a punter like that.
    I wanted to find it too! To be fair, Koch played LB in HS (and maybe some early in college?). Now, if Tuck blows someone up...
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

But can he rush the passer?

Blog Entries

The Ravens have had some good punters. Richardson, the punter for the 2000 championship team, the aforementioned Zastudil, and Koch were all very good at their job. I think Koch is better than his predecessors, however.

Blog Entries

He has seen a lot of changes since 2006. Steady and solid guy.

Passes Suggs for most games by a Raven

Well done

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!