Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Wink PO'ed about Bengals last minute FG

wow. i'm in SHOCK! the Bengals did something CLASSLESS? you don't say...

anyway i think comparing it to bunting to break up a perfect game is a bit much. it is definitely pathetic, but my reaction was laughing at how sad they are moreso than getting angry.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    If his D had done it's job - the Bungles would not have been close enough to try the FG.

Yes is sucks to lose a shutout with 27 seconds left in the game - but in football you do what you can to avoid a shutout just like in baseball you do what you can to avoid a no hitter.
    Actually, if someone bunts for a base hit in the ninth inning of a no-hitter, the next batter needs to bring a shovel instead of a bat, to dig a foxhole.

they're definitely the runts in a big boy division. and they're ruining that new QB.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Actually, if someone bunts for a base hit in the ninth inning of a no-hitter, the next batter needs to bring a shovel instead of a bat, to dig a foxhole.
    The object is to win the game! Getting people on base can lead to a score.

By all means, be pissed about it, but not publicly, I think that's kind of a bad look, and shouldn't be on Winks mind at all days after the game, it should be Eagles only.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

This discussion should have been over 30 seconds after the game. Onto Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    This discussion should have been over 30 seconds after the game. Onto Philly.
    for real. use it as bulletin board material week 17. til then who cares.

Wonder how wink felt during the chefs game where they did what they wanted for 3 quarters

Blog Entries

Don't give up a 14 play and nearly 8 minute drive and you don't have to worry about those 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Wonder how wink felt during the chefs game where they did what they wanted for 3 quarters
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think it was definitely the move of a ________. Be a man go for the TD, don't kick a stinking field goal in the last second of the game when your going to lose either way. That's a loser mentality. If he had gone for the TD and got it, I wouldn't even care but to kick a field goal. He is a p888y for doing that.
    I don't know. Would losing 27-7 be any more manly or satisfying that losing 27/3?

If the Ravens were losing 24-3 and the Bengals kicked a FG, rather than taking a knee, then Wink would have a point.

The Bengals put together an eight-minute, 55-yard drive. If Wink wanted to avoid a FG, then he should play it more aggressively and force a turnover on downs. If I am the Bengals I squeeze out whatever positives I can by rewarding my beat-up quarterback with some points on the final drive, and maybe some reason for momentum next week.

I understand these guys are competitive, but frankly Wink is full of shit on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Word. Picking on bum teams and getting slaughtered by the big dog.