Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Wink PO'ed about Bengals last minute FG

It's not that serious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It's not that serious
    It's not but that doesn't make Taylor any less of a bitch for doing it.

It's because Zac Taylor is terrified of getting fired. It's the move of a guy that is completely insecure in his job security and willing to bitch out to save just a little bit of face with the front office/ownership

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Taylor just set himself and his QB up for misery later in the year. Unless they IR Burrow he will be Carr'ed before the year is out.

It wasn’t just the field goal. In any other late game situation you keep trying to win. Try for a quick score, get the ball back, try again. Buckle on you Leonidas Spartan chinstrap and keep trying to win until you either win or dine in Hell. That bee-otch coach instead broke the unwritten “just win, baby!” rule and instead went on a meticulous, time killing drive intended not to win but to get into field goal range and to take away the shutout. The situation is worse than it appears. Harbaugh pretty much has to let it happen (not change the defense) because the kitties running the ball is taking time off the clock. The kitty coach at that point was serving the interests of the Ravens. Ask yourself, would any Steeler ever allow this? I respect the Steelers as rivals because it will always be FU until the bitter end. The Bengals diminished themselves as adversaries and gave Wink a bulletin board materiel for life

6. Re: Wink PO'ed about Bengals last minute FG

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    It was weak but you can't bitch about it... keep them out of FG range and you get your shutout
    (Q4, 05:28), 4th&1 - J.Burrow pass deep left to J.Mixon pushed ob at BLT 37 for 19 yards (M.Harrison).
    (Q4, 03:07), 4th&1 - F.Johnson reported in as eligible. J.Mixon right guard to BLT 23 for 5 yards (P.Queen).

Shutouts are earned. Earn it.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    It wasn’t just the field goal. In any other late game situation you keep trying to win. Try for a quick score, get the ball back, try again. Buckle on you Leonidas Spartan chinstrap and keep trying to win until you either win or dine in Hell. That bee-otch coach instead broke the unwritten “just win, baby!” rule and instead went on a meticulous, time killing drive intended not to win but to get into field goal range and to take away the shutout. The situation is worse than it appears. Harbaugh pretty much has to let it happen (not change the defense) because the kitties running the ball is taking time off the clock. The kitty coach at that point was serving the interests of the Ravens. Ask yourself, would any Steeler ever allow this? I respect the Steelers as rivals because it will always be FU until the bitter end. The Bengals diminished themselves as adversaries and gave Wink a bulletin board materiel for life
    Actually, Tomlin pulled the same thing years back losing a game 20-0 he kicked a meaningless late FG and lost 20-3. It wasn’t against the Ravens but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Actually, Tomlin pulled the same thing years back losing a game 20-0 he kicked a meaningless late FG and lost 20-3. It wasn’t against the Ravens but still.
    Wow really?! They were saying the last time that happened was Gruden in 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Wow really?! They were saying the last time that happened was Gruden in 1994.
    Come to think of it I think you’re right. I read something earlier this week about it since it’s so rare, and it was Gruden. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Come to think of it I think you’re right. I read something earlier this week about it since it’s so rare, and it was Gruden. My bad.
    That’s okay. F the Steelers anyway!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Tell him to shut up and focus on Philly for crying out loud
    Exactly.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

If his D had done it's job - the Bungles would not have been close enough to try the FG.

Yes is sucks to lose a shutout with 27 seconds left in the game - but in football you do what you can to avoid a shutout just like in baseball you do what you can to avoid a no hitter.