Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Wink PO'ed about Bengals last minute FG

Didn't see this discussed yet, but hearing a lot about it since I live in Cincitucky. Wink not happy about losing a shutout.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/...-baltimore-nfl

I can see both sides.

As always, I'm hearing about it from Bengals fans here. At least the knowledgeable ones (both of them).

Re: Wink PO'ed about Bengals last minute FG

Tell him to shut up and focus on Philly for crying out loud

Blog Entries

He probably has a bonus tied to shutouts plus the pride of it. I was pissed too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He probably has a bonus tied to shutouts plus the pride of it. I was pissed too
    Eh. Coaches can do what they want with their team.. it's like when people would get angry with Belichick for running the score. You don't like it? Stop it then. It's all fair and violates no sin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Eh. Coaches can do what they want with their team.. it's like when people would get angry with Belichick for running the score. You don't like it? Stop it then. It's all fair and violates no sin.
    He kicked a FG down four scores., that’s the opposite
    Weak sauce

Wink will not forget when they rematch

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Wink PO'ed about Bengals last minute FG

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Didn't see this discussed yet, but hearing a lot about it since I live in Cincitucky. Wink not happy about losing a shutout.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/...-baltimore-nfl

I can see both sides.

As always, I'm hearing about it from Bengals fans here. At least the knowledgeable ones (both of them).

TOW, I cannot. If the Bengals went for a TD and made it then so be it, but this seemed (at least to me) a childish attempt to say "our team didn't get shut-out." Did those 3 points give the Bengals any more pride? If so, then it's incredible that the team that got beat down so badly would take any comfort in that... Bc

P.S. - it also give the Ravens fodder when we play them again.

Frankly I'd be more worried about what it says for a coach to decide to kick a FG in that situation. "Ooh, we avoided a shutout! Moral victory boys!"

Loser mentality. They went complete Roberto Duran at the end of that game.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Let's see you are up 27-0 and can't stop Cincy's last drive and they kick a FG to prevent a shutout no one wants. Wink's comments are classless if winning is only objective The rule is unwritten for a reason ...

9. Re: Wink PO'ed about Bengals last minute FG

That was weak as hell. That's like a team bunting in the 9th to avoid being no hit. What a loser of a coach Zac Taylor is....
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

It was weak but you can't bitch about it... keep them out of FG range and you get your shutout

It's no doubt a cowardly move to save face from Zac Taylor but also not worth getting worked up over, who cares

You just don’t kick a FG in that situation down 27-0, it was a breach of etiquette on the Bengals part. It’s only been done a few times in 50 years, and while the Bengals had nothing to play for, the Ravens did.

The Bengals would rather kick a FG instead of going for a TD to break up the Ravens bid for a shutout, and make themselves look even more pathetic to play for that reason.

On the other hand, it’s nothing to be upset about days later if you’re Wink, but if you can fire up the defense about it in December definitely go for it. The Ravens had a chance to stop them short of being able to kick a FG and they didn’t.

Blog Entries

I think it was definitely the move of a ________. Be a man go for the TD, don't kick a stinking field goal in the last second of the game when your going to lose either way. That's a loser mentality. If he had gone for the TD and got it, I wouldn't even care but to kick a field goal. He is a p888y for doing that.