Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

My point is simply we are not a theocracy.

Why should a man whos religion may be based on a tenant of violence BUT refrains from committing acts of violence be culturally unwelcome while considering a man who commits acts of violence, even tho his faith is based on compassion and forgiveness, culturally acceptable.

Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    You do know slave holders espoused Christianity to justify this their evil. You do know many KKK members espouse Christianity. You do know a lotttttttttttt of people have been killed in the name of Christianity right?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Yes. And this happened many years ago. What Pickles is talking about is happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    My point is simply we are not a theocracy.
    ??? Not sure who you were arguing that point with... but it wasn't me.

Why should a man whos religion may be based on a tenant of violence BUT refrains from committing acts of violence be culturally unwelcome while considering a man who commits acts of violence, even tho his faith is based on compassion and forgiveness, culturally acceptable.
    For the same reason you would not invite a man who was a member of the National Man-Boy Love Association, but says he doesn't molest boys to be your Boy Scout Troop Leader.

And

That you would not invite a man who actively molests children but says that he doesn't because he's religious, to be your Boy Scout Troop Leader.
    Last edited by owknows; 10-17-2020 at 12:02 AM.

4. Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    ??? Not sure who you were arguing that point with... but it wasn't me.

For the same reason you would not invite a man who was a member of the National Man-Boy Love Association, but says he doesn't molest boys to be your Boy Scout Troop Leader.

And

That you would not invite a man who actively molests children but says that he doesn't because he's religious, to be your Boy Scout Troop Leader.
    So you are telling me that all one billion Muslims behead people and are pedophiles?

So you are telling me that all one billion Muslims behead people and are pedophiles?
    And with that departure into the ridiculous, I'll consider you defeated and call it a night.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I hate to tell you but the same is true in EVERY Western European country.
    The only no go zones that existed on my fair Isle was Catholics and Protestants killing each other since the 1600’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    The only no go zones that existed on my fair Isle was Catholics and Protestants killing each other since the 1600’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Your "cultural enrichment" is in it's early phases...

Only 50,000 or so...

But don't worry... it's coming...

https://extra.ie/2018/01/04/featured...g-allahu-akbar

8. Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

And with that departure into the ridiculous, I'll consider you defeated and call it a night.
    Based on many posts I can only assume the implication by many here is all Muslims are bad, that Muslims are culturally different and shouldnt be allowed in due to their religious tenant of violence (the OP linked to a beheading story) and subjication. Its not me implying that they are prone to "unnatural acts" utilizing hypotheticals involving boy scouts.

Im the one who said generalizations are bad. Individuals should be vetted. I can only assume since my stance was inadequate that the reason is many believe all Muslims are beheading people and pedophiles.

Blog Entries

Based on many posts I can only assume the implication by many here is all Muslims are bad, that Muslims are culturally different and shouldnt be allowed in due to their religious tenant of violence (the OP linked to a beheading story) and subjication. Its not me implying that they are prone to "unnatural acts" utilizing hypotheticals involving boy scouts.

Im the one who said generalizations are bad. Individuals should be vetted. I can only assume since my stance was inadequate that the reason is many believe all Muslims are beheading people and pedophiles.
    Don't dodge. It's artless and transparent. Answer the question:

What Muslims don't believe in shariah law?

Is the notion of an analogy lost on you, or are you being intentionally obtuse?

The boy scout example was provided to draw a parallel to the subject under discussion. It was not intended to conflate the two issues... but to show their parallels.

This mode of argumentation is called an analogy.

I assumed that nearly everyone was familiar with the concept.

11. Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Don't dodge. It's artless and transparent. Answer the question:

What Muslims don't believe in shariah law?
    I dont know but I do know many live here in peace abiding by our laws.

12. Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

Is the notion of an analogy lost on you, or are you being intentionally obtuse?

The boy scout example was provided to draw a parallel to the subject under discussion. It was not intended to conflate the two issues... but to show their parallels.

This mode of argumentation is called an analogy.

I assumed that nearly everyone was familiar with the concept.
    Im familiar with the concept. I believe it was used as a literal argument by someone as a reason for not allowing Muslims in. Bottom line, are you for or against banning Muslim immigration?