Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Decrying someone getting beheaded is fine: most people do.
    Most Muslims DON'T. Most Muslims believe that beheading people is required.

https://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/...-about-sharia/

You're only doing it because a Muslim did it, however.
    As if anyone else did... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    So what? It is happening in front of our eyes. Who should I believe? The lying media or my own lying eyes?

If a Christian or a Jew had beheaded someone for showing a fucking picture, trust me, I would have a big problem with it.

But the thing is, Christians and Jews DON'T do that.

Muslims do it all the time.

You know why?

Because Christianity and Judaism teach that is immoral.
    Islam teaches that it is is moral.
    You do know slave holders espoused Christianity to justify this their evil. You do know many KKK members espouse Christianity. You do know a lotttttttttttt of people have been killed in the name of Christianity right?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    You do know slave holders espoused Christianity to justify this their evil. You do know many KKK members espouse Christianity. You do know a lotttttttttttt of people have been killed in the name of Christianity right?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure what your point is.

Islam (the religion itself) demands that apostates be put to death.

We're not talking about people abusing the faith. We're talking about people practicing it as it is intended to be practiced.

It is a tenet of the faith.

You're a Christian if I recall correctly.

Are you aware of any tenets of the Christian faith that require you to kill other people because they stop believing in God?

If so, why are you still a Christian?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is.

Islam (the religion itself) demands that apostates be put to death.

We're not talking about people abusing the faith. We're talking about people practicing it as it is intended to be practiced.

It is a tenet of the faith.

You're a Christian if I recall correctly.

Are you aware of any tenets of the Christian faith that require you to kill other people because they stop believing in God?

If so, why are you still a Christian?
    Exactly. People who did those things in the name of Christianity did so against what the religion teaches. People doing it in the name of Islam do so because that’s what the religion teaches. (Side note- it’s also how it got it’s start, by force and violence)

5. Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Exactly. People who did those things in the name of Christianity did so against what the religion teaches. People doing it in the name of Islam do so because that’s what the religion teaches. (Side note- it’s also how it got it’s start, by force and violence)
    There sure has been an awful lot done in the name of Christianity.

So let me get this straight. You say the Koran teaches violence (bad) so we should be wary or down right unwelcoming of them in our culture. Christians do it in the name of Christ (ok) I say ok because Christians are welcome in our culture, and i guess, its because they only do it in the name of Christ?

Did I get that right?

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2016/03...an-atrocities/

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    There sure has been an awful lot done in the name of Christianity.

So let me get this straight. You say the Koran teaches violence (bad) so we should be wary or down right unwelcoming of them in our culture. Christians do it in the name of Christ (ok) I say ok because Christians are welcome in our culture, and i guess, its because they only do it in the name of Christ?

Did I get that right?

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2016/03...an-atrocities/
    Don't have a dog in this fight, as I'm agnostic...

But from where I sit, Islam (the fundamental religion itself) teaches violent reprisal for religious transgressions... subjugation of women.... death for apostacy... and death to any who might insult the prophet.

These are the tenets of the Muslim faith. Those who ignore them are the exception, and are acting outside the teachings of the faith.

Christianity by contrast, teaches compassion, forgiveness, humility, and grace. The teachings of the Nazarene forbid violent compulsion, and demand gentle persuasion as the instrument of faith.

These are the tenets of the Christian faith. Those who ignore them are the exception, and are acting outside the teachings of the faith.

There have been literally thousands of religious beheadings, stabbings, mass shootings, revenge killings, truck bombs, crowd mowings, and countless other attrocities in the modern western world... and all of them are administered by adherents to one particular religion.

Not a whole lot of beheadings for Jesus.

Islam is a violent supremacist religion. It is an ideology of violence, conquest, and subjugation.

Individual Muslims can be fine people. Particularly the further they stray from Islam.
    Remember that time the Muslims in Spain forced anyone off another religion to convert under threat of violence?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Remember that time the Muslims in Spain forced anyone off another religion to convert under threat of violence?

I know this wasn't what you were going for... but Yes.

I know this wasn't what you were going for... but Yes.
    I mean you would be hard pressed to literally remember the time before the reconquista. ;)

You are correct though, I was going for the time the catholics did it with the point that no one religion has a monopoly on adherents turning violent.

10. Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

Don't have a dog in this fight, as I'm agnostic...

But from where I sit, Islam (the fundamental religion itself) teaches violent reprisal for religious transgressions... subjugation of women.... death for apostacy... and death to any who might insult the prophet.

These are the tenets of the Muslim faith. Those who ignore them are the exception, and are acting outside the teachings of the faith.

Christianity by contrast, teaches compassion, forgiveness, humility, and grace. The teachings of the Nazarene forbid violent compulsion, and demand gentle persuasion as the instrument of faith.

These are the tenets of the Christian faith. Those who ignore them are the exception, and are acting outside the teachings of the faith.

There have been literally thousands of religious beheadings, stabbings, mass shootings, revenge killings, truck bombs, crowd mowings, and countless other attrocities in the modern western world... and all of them are administered by adherents to one particular religion.

Not a whole lot of beheadings for Jesus.
    There have been many beheadings for Jesus over history. There are also many interpretations of the Koran each with their own followers. Several preach peace instead of violence. If you were correct about not following the violent tennants of the religion being equal to acting ourside the faith there would be literally millions of non believers who are outcasts. There would be very few Muslims left relatively speaking.

Diversity is our strength.

That is NOT a nefarious lie told by those who seek your destruction. Of course not.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-dies-...164200298.html
    Meh, I'm not scared of Muslims. I'm scared of fundamentalists however. I still miss my friend, young guy skinny as a bean pole that was a Ravens fan, at my current job. He and his wife were awesome. He would bring in trays of Samosas all the time. And I work with another young woman absolutely beautiful and sweet as could be. If I was young and single I could see myself dating her. Just a sweet cool very pretty young woman. My dev manager married a woman from Lahore, she was really cool and totally Americanized. They played video games, she would go to bars etc.. Fear of muslims is so 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    There have been many beheadings for Jesus over history. There are also many interpretations of the Koran each with their own followers. Several preach peace instead of violence. If you were correct about not following the violent tennants of the religion being equal to acting ourside the faith there would be literally millions of non believers who are outcasts. There would be very few Muslims left relatively speaking.
    There have been literally THOUSANDS of Muslim religious murders in Western Countries in the last 25 years.

LITERALLY THOUSANDS

And I cannot think of a single beheading for Jesus.

Can you?

I'm seriously challenging you to face this like a man. No squirming.. no evading... no apologetics.

There's obviously a difference. You know there's a difference.... pretending there isn't a difference is just silly.

People can see you... they know you're arguing dishonestly... you can do it if you want.. but you're really not fooling anyone. You're just debasing yourself.
    Last edited by owknows; 10-16-2020 at 11:40 PM.