Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Of course they can. But when two people of a legally qualifying age wish to engage in a contract with each other, the government had better show a damned good reason why they can't. Basing it specifically on sex is not a good reason.
    Actually the govt is not stopping two individuals from entering a contract. They simply don’t qualify for the construct established by the govt. again a far cry from a religious requirement

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Why limit it to two? Which is a question the courts didn't answer when they were changing what marriage is to include same-sex marriage.

I supported expanding marriage to include same-sex couples, but it should have been done democratically (as we did in MD).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I don’t agree with same sex marriage , but I do agree it should have been done by the individual states.

Blog Entries

The mistake the French made was in preventing assimilation.

America is the greatest assimilation engine in the history of the world.

Serious question: How do you assimilate someone who thinks the proper response to a cartoon is decapitation?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Serious question: How do you assimilate someone who thinks the proper response to a cartoon is decapitation?
    The same way we assimilated everyone else.

Blog Entries

The same way we assimilated everyone else.

Why can't the French do it then?

Blog Entries

They could. They haven't. For one thing, jus soli hasn't been the law of the land in France. Generations of people born in France weren't French. That isn't the case here in the U.S. We didn't create generations of people who were American nationals but not citizens. France did. So did Germany, for that matter. So our ethnic ghettos tended to disperse by the third generation, the lone exception being African-Americans, but that's a whole different story.

Muslims aren't an exception. We assimilate them as well. We have for decades. Like any other immigrant family/group, the first generation tends to stick to their cultural comfort zone, but by the second generation those things are just quirky family habits on Thanksgiving.

France actively prevented assimilation for generations. They have a significant underclass that only gained citizenship fairly recently, and it's not like they were brought fully into the fold once that happened, much like passing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 wasn't a magic spell that made all things better for blacks in America. In America, mosques are more likely to turn in suspected terrorists than succor them.

Blog Entries

They could. They haven't. For one thing, jus soli hasn't been the law of the land in France. Generations of people born in France weren't French. That isn't the case here in the U.S. We didn't create generations of people who were American nationals but not citizens. France did. So did Germany, for that matter. So our ethnic ghettos tended to disperse by the third generation, the lone exception being African-Americans, but that's a whole different story.

Muslims aren't an exception. We assimilate them as well. We have for decades. Like any other immigrant family/group, the first generation tends to stick to their cultural comfort zone, but by the second generation those things are just quirky family habits on Thanksgiving.

France actively prevented assimilation for generations. They have a significant underclass that only gained citizenship fairly recently, and it's not like they were brought fully into the fold once that happened, much like passing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 wasn't a magic spell that made all things better for blacks in America. In America, mosques are more likely to turn in suspected terrorists than succor them.
    I know this is what passes for common wisdom in Washington and the Ivy League, in Brussels and the Sorbonne, but it is demonstrably false.

So to be clear: You are on Team "It's the French's Fault the Muslims Keep Decapitating Them." Bold move.

But here's how it can be easily proven that is not the case.

France has millions of immigrants from all over the world. They have sizeable communities from South America, the Caribbean, Africa, China, and Southeast Asia among others. Not to mention millions of immigrants from the rest of Europe.

Only one group of immigrants keeps killing civilians in increasingly frequent and gruesome terrorist acts.

Hints: It's the Muslims. Bound not by race or ethnicity, but by religion. And the acts of course in the name of that religion.

So yes, Islam is a uniquely violent and dangerous ideology.

Why do these attacks, and many similarly anti-social acts, happen in France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain?

Why do they happen in Thailand? Sri Lanka? India? Pakistan?

Nigeria? Ethiopia? Egypt?

What is the common thread?

Islamic Supremacy. Nothing but.

You present America as somehow immune to this. I ask you what fucking country do you live in? (And then I remember: The swamp in DC is not part of THIS country.)

The Boston Marathon Bombing was carried out by Muslim refugees.

The Pulse Nightclub Shooting was carried out by the son of Muslim refugees.

The Fort Hood Shooting was carried out by the son of Muslim refugees.

The San Bernadino Shooting was carried out by the son of Muslim immigrants and his immigrant wife.

The only reason it doesn't happen here more often is because of demographics. That's it. No other reason.

Our immigration policies have only been misguided, thankfully; France's, and other parts of Europe, have been suicidal.

And there's no time like RIGHT FUCKING NOW to have that conversation imo.
    Last edited by pickles; 10-30-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Blog Entries

I know this is what passes for common wisdom in Washington and the Ivy League, in Brussels and the Sorbonne, but it is demonstrably false.

So to be clear: You are on Team "It's the French's Fault the Muslims Keep Decapitating Them." Bold move.

But here's how it can be easily proven that is not the case..
    Except you don't do that. You just rant shit and ignore what was said.

It isn't happening here in the U.S. Yet. It could start happening here if twisted white nationalists like yourself end up running things.

It's the French's fault they have a large population of Muslims that don't see themselves as French, because they created that population. I get that you're ignorant of what America is and how we came to exist, but that's really not an excuse for not discussing things honestly and in good faith.

I understand this is a conversation you don't want to have. Most people don't. Because it leads to ugly conclusions.

But I bet the French are wishing right now they had this conversation 30 years ago. Let's try and learn from their mistakes.
    Lol, I don't want to have it because it's embarrassing. I have respect for people of faith and tradition even if it's not mine. I don't see Muslims and Christians, or Hindus or Buddhists for that matter as that different.

Faith, family, tradition....seems very American to me. The thing I find weird is that if you claim to be a devout Christian you probably have more in common with a devout Muslim than you realize. In my mind people of faith are natural allies.

Blog Entries

Except you don't do that. You just rant shit and ignore what was said.

It isn't happening here in the U.S. Yet. It could start happening here if twisted white nationalists like yourself end up running things.

It's the French's fault they have a large population of Muslims that don't see themselves as French, because they created that population. I get that you're ignorant of what America is and how we came to exist, but that's really not an excuse for not discussing things honestly and in good faith.
    You: THeRe Is No IsLaMiC TeRrOrIsM iN tHe UnItEd StAtEs.

Me: Here's four incidents carried out by Muslim refugees/immigrants or their children. These attacks killed hundreds of Americans and maimed and wounded many hundreds more.

I could of course provide dozens of more examples of less publicized and lethal attacks.

You: YoU ArE RaNtInG! YOu'Re NoT PrOvIdInG FaCtS!

LOL. You're a clown bro. Everybody is laughing at you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Lol, I don't want to have it because it's embarrassing. I have respect for people of faith and tradition even if it's not mine. I don't see Muslims and Christians, or Hindus or Buddhists for that matter as that different.

Faith, family, tradition....seems very American to me. The thing I find weird is that if you claim to be a devout Christian you probably have more in common with a devout Muslim than you realize. In my mind people of faith are natural allies.
    I like you. You're a good poster. So please take this with all due respect:

The only thing you need to be embarrassed about is that fourth grade poem you just posted.

It espouses the most vapid and empty moral relativism, is dangerously naive and ignorant, and is observably false.

You may not see the religions differently. But that's because you're uniformed, not because it is true.

If everybody was the "same" why are Muslims the only people decapitating people over a cartoon?

If people of faith are "natural allies" why did a Muslim walk into a Catholic Church the other day and decapitate a 70 year old woman while shouting "Our God is greater!?"

If people of faith are "natural allies" why have thousands of Jews been forced to flee Paris and France as Muslims have immigrated bringing their violent anti-semitism with them?

If people of faith are "natural allies" then why does Shariah Law specifically detonate second class citizenship for Christian and Jews, and why do Christians and Jews face essentially genocide in Islamic societies?

You can't answer these questions. You know the things I say are correct. You just don't like them and wish they weren't so you wan't to shut down the conversation.

Facing the world as it is, and not as we want it to be, is the sign of a mature adult.

Edit: At no point have I said anything about Christianity. Criticizing the violent and supremacist ideology of Islam doesn't require any statement regarding Christianity's vices or virtues.
    Last edited by pickles; 10-31-2020 at 03:59 PM.

12. Re: Remember, Diversity is Our Strength

But here's how it can be easily proven that is not the case.

France has millions of immigrants from all over the world. They have sizeable communities from South America, the Caribbean, Africa, China, and Southeast Asia among others. Not to mention millions of immigrants from the rest of Europe.

Only one group of immigrants keeps killing civilians in increasingly frequent and gruesome terrorist acts.

Hints: It's the Muslims. Bound not by race or ethnicity, but by religion. And the acts of course in the name of that religion.

So yes, Islam is a uniquely violent and dangerous ideology.

Why do these attacks, and many similarly anti-social acts, happen in France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain?

Why do they happen in Thailand? Sri Lanka? India? Pakistan?

Nigeria? Ethiopia? Egypt?

What is the common thread?

Islamic Supremacy. Nothing but.

You present America as somehow immune to this. I ask you what fucking country do you live in? (And then I remember: The swamp in DC is not part of THIS country.)

The Boston Marathon Bombing was carried out by Muslim refugees.

The Pulse Nightclub Shooting was carried out by the son of Muslim refugees.

The Fort Hood Shooting was carried out by the son of Muslim refugees.

The San Bernadino Shooting was carried out by the son of Muslim immigrants and his immigrant wife.

The only reason it doesn't happen here more often is because of demographics. That's it. No other reason.

Our immigration policies have only been misguided, thankfully; France's, and other parts of Europe, have been suicidal.

And there's no time like RIGHT FUCKING NOW to have that conversation imo.

Well, if what your alluding to is true there is zero chance the middle east peace deals Trump brokered will hold. If Muslims cannot assimilate to the point of being non violent in our country how can they ever maintain a peace with the Jews? Guess all the negotiating over the last 50 years was nothing but a waste of time.