Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: A Contract with Black America

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Have you ever been in a car accident? Have you ever sued for damage? If so how would you feel if the judge told you to stop whine about what happened to you last year, and that you are perfectly fine so go work hard to recoup your lost wages? And that car that was totalled because of someone, nothing is stopping you from getting another car. Now go back to work and stop blaming that poor guy that ran in to you and caused you damages.
    What damage have you suffered personally, from the institution of slavery?

Other than the literal scars on your back?

7,8, some of 9, and 13 are decent. The rest is dog shit. 13 will never happen though, not in my opinion anyway but who knows.

Blog Entries

I look at it this way...

For Trump's entire life, he's been viewed as a celebrity, a playboy, an icon of wealth and luxury. He's been involved in pro-sports, hip/hop songs and videos, movies, TV shows, etc. The guy has a star in Hollywood.

Trump, for all of his personal quirks, WANTS Black Americans to love him. At his core, he just wants to be liked and he wants people to say nice things about him. He's incredibly narcissistic, which is why he wants everyone to think he's the shit.

I say all that because of course when someone like Kim Kardashian or Ice Cube hit him up, he's going to listen. And he's probably going to action some or all of what they're discussing or asking for. Why? Because he wants them to say nice things about him. He wants them to spread the word around that Trump's a good guy and should be loved.

I didn't look at all of the CWBA because I know that it includes a lot of demands that aren't very realistic. However, I think there are things that can be gleaned from the demands as part of the negotiations for various initiatives, etc. This is how the First Step Act came together. This is how opportunity zones were established.

All rhetoric aside, Trump has done a lot for the Black Community and I think if Democrats would hop on board, a lot more could be done.

School Choice would be huge.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    What damage have you suffered personally, from the institution of slavery?

Other than the literal scars on your back?
    I'm thinking he must be doing pretty good if he can be here at 11:30 on a work day.

Stalk, didn't you say you had a high performing athlete kid too? I think you mentioned it once. I have two of them. And two scholars ta boot (got that from their mother). You're not in a breadline right now I hope, lol. Coming here looking for a fight I think is feeding your illusion people are out to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I look at it this way...

For Trump's entire life, he's been viewed as a celebrity, a playboy, an icon of wealth and luxury. He's been involved in pro-sports, hip/hop songs and videos, movies, TV shows, etc. The guy has a star in Hollywood.

Trump, for all of his personal quirks, WANTS Black Americans to love him. At his core, he just wants to be liked and he wants people to say nice things about him. He's incredibly narcissistic, which is why he wants everyone to think he's the shit.

I say all that because of course when someone like Kim Kardashian or Ice Cube hit him up, he's going to listen. And he's probably going to action some or all of what they're discussing or asking for. Why? Because he wants them to say nice things about him. He wants them to spread the word around that Trump's a good guy and should be loved.

I didn't look at all of the CWBA because I know that it includes a lot of demands that aren't very realistic. However, I think there are things that can be gleaned from the demands as part of the negotiations for various initiatives, etc. This is how the First Step Act came together. This is how opportunity zones were established.

All rhetoric aside, Trump has done a lot for the Black Community and I think if Democrats would hop on board, a lot more could be done.

This. I don't think Trump is racist. He will be friends with anyone that recognizes his celebrity. By the same token he'll drag into the mud and attack anyone that attacks him regardless of color or title. I think his spats with John Lewis and Elijah Cummings have shown that.

His is the Kardashian presidency. He's got that tabloid celebrity thing going on and always has. He's not going anywhere after his presidency either. He'll continue to command attention. That's why they will go after him and try to silence and tarnish him. Trumpism won't die as long as Trump has a mouthpiece and is still breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I look at it this way...

In my opinion, School Choice is pretty dumb in terms of the practicality of everyday living, and honestly a false flag. If you look at the statistics, most of the factors that determine how a child will do occur outside of the classroom. Any chart you'll find shows that on average, SAT scores directly correlate to family income: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ated-families/

Secondly, in terms of everyday life, it just inconveniences parents to say that if you want your child to receive a "good education" that have to go well out of their way in terms of where they live in order to send their child to school. This would have a pretty big effect on people who probably work clock in type jobs and also home life in general.

The things that make a difference aren't the teachers, it's the parents who are able to afford a tutor once or twice a week to help the student keep up or get ahead. Harping on school choice is a false flag that draws attention from the fact that if you worked on economic justice for these communities that were either filled with crack, redlined, etc...then you would do way more for the academic prospects of these kids than school choice could ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    This could be the worst analogy ever. With this, you are suggesting that blacks alive today, were harmed by current whites. Essentially, you are saying whites are bad. That is a racist point of view that you are pushing

A better would be two cars driving down the road. You want the speed limit to be 75 for blacks and 45 for whites. And you want whites to pay the increased insurance premiums that blacks will have because accidents at 75 are more dangerous than at 45
    What ow was saying is get over what happened to your ancestors because non of thise things are happening today. Hiw is this racist in any way, shape , or form? Way to go Vlad just throwing ish at the wall to see what sticks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    What ow was saying is get over what happened to your ancestors because non of thise things are happening today. Hiw is this racist in any way, shape , or form? Way to go Vlad just throwing ish at the wall to see what sticks.
    My ancestors were Irish and Italian. I never complained about my circumstances based on how they were treated.

Once Trump leaves office, I think the GOP has a real opportunity to pull in support from us black folks. Their messenger has to be someone with empathy, genuiness, and understanding. I think the cat is out of the bag with the mainstream democratic party. Same ole same ole.

It's either the non Trump brainwashed GOP or the more left of the party. Like the young bloods who are winning these congressional seats.

I say I could be down with Blexit...but not to join up with the party of Trump and his legion of jock riders in Congress. If they modify that part, it would be something to consider.

With that said, Biden is my choice for now, because he is the only one who can provide what I want most. A chance to get this guy out.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    My ancestors were Irish and Italian. I never complained about my circumstances based on how they were treated.
    One of my favorites (a newspaper Help Wanted) from the link below:

WANTED: a neat and honest girl to do the general housework of a small family. German or Colored

No Irish Need Apply

https://longislandwins.com/es/column...signs-existed/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    One of my favorites (a newspaper Help Wanted) from the link below:

WANTED: a neat and honest girl to do the general housework of a small family. German or Colored

No Irish Need Apply

https://longislandwins.com/es/column...signs-existed/
    Yup. Apparently those were pretty common

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Once Trump leaves office, I think the GOP has a real opportunity to pull in support from us black folks. Their messenger has to be someone with empathy, genuiness, and understanding. I think the cat is out of the bag with the mainstream democratic party. Same ole same ole.

It's either the non Trump brainwashed GOP or the more left of the party. Like the young bloods who are winning these congressional seats.

I say I could be down with Blexit...but not to join up with the party of Trump and his legion of jock riders in Congress. If they modify that part, it would be something to consider.

With that said, Biden is my choice for now, because he is the only one who can provide what I want most. A chance to get this guy out.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Other than being rude, crude etc. what is about Trumps policy that you don’t like.