Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast
Results 145 to 156 of 180
  1. #145

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    You're failing to consider the costs of not having those things regulated. Contra the inane fantasies of uber-libertarians and some others on the right, regulation of the health care industry didn't start because of some desire to impose communism. It's because people were being killed and maimed by quacks and snake oil.

    We should always look for ways to streamline and improve regulation, but if you think it's unnecessary start by advocating the end of all traffic regulations.
    Facts

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  2. #146

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Ratings agencies were not exactly forthcoming with information. Why, because there were no laws or regulations in specific areas that made them.

    Since Friedmans theory on business stated that the only purpose of business was to turn a profit the need for regulation exploded. The two primary rules of business is:

    1. I'm not spending one more dollar on a product than I am required to.
    2. Is it cheaper to ignore the law/regulation and possibly be fined or address the requirements.

    One of the reasons the FDA was formed was because the Food and Drug Act didnt cover devices.

    Example: Early device makers claimed that as a device they were not regulated and the first amendment allowed them to make any claim they wished.

    Example: When you as a consumer get a medicine from a pharmacy in capsule form did you know that the actual capsule holding the medication is covered by an entire chapter of regulations. The reason is that when the first capsule meds were prescribed the materials used were causing internal bleeding due to breaking down improperly. When called to task pharma companies responded by arguing that the capsules themselves were not drugs therefore they were not subject to regulation.

    Now expand that attitude to all industries. Runoff from pesticide producers, chemical releases in the air from smoke stacks, design requirements for automobiles.

    Poor business behavior is the reason for the need of the preponderance of regulations. They really have no one to blame but themselves.
    I don't understand how people fight the real life logic of this. Companies would completely screw people's lives abs the environment without regulation. How do we know this? They pay politicians to this day to do just that!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  3. #147

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Good luck inspecting the manufacture of your medicines, or food you eat. Or ensuring the safety of the tractor trailers on the road with you. The quality of the water system you drink from. The materials the clothing you wear are made from. I goes on and on. Your argument is ridiculous.
    THANK YOU. No one goes around drawing up contracts for food, medicine, or anything else lol. Its a very easy concept.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  4. #148

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I would very likely rely on private certification.. from an organization not unlike Underwriters Laboratories for things like that. I'd have far greater confidence in those organizations than I have in government. They'd have no choice but to provide good value. Their good name is their product.



    Again, Underwriters Laboratories (UL) certifies the safety of every single consumer electronic device sold in the US.

    They're not a government agency. They're a private company. Straddling the divide between business and the insurance companies. Paid for by businesses seeking to mark their product certified safe.

    Unlike government, they are competent and have never been corrupted.

    Not sure why you think this wouldn't work for cars/trucks/clothing/food.. etc,

    I really don't know what you think government is doing with respect to assuring the safety of the things you buy and consume.. but in reality it is next to nothing. And even that they do poorly.

    You call my argument ridiculous... but when you take a good hard look at the people who take jobs as government regulators... they are generally the slice that comes from somewhere left of center of the bell curve, and prefer reading the newspaper to productive employment.

    I would have thought that maybe the cacophony of "experts" that got trotted in front of the cameras during the Covid business would have given you some insight into the value and competency of government bureaucrats. At some moment or another, they held every conflicting opinion under the sun.
    The only reason you have substandard government inspection is due to a lot of establishment Republicans and dems repealing stuff in the name of capitalism

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  5. #149

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The only reason you have substandard government inspection is due to a lot of establishment Republicans and dems repealing stuff in the name of capitalism

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    LOL Good one.





  6. #150

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I don't understand how people fight the real life logic of this. Companies would completely screw people's lives abs the environment without regulation. How do we know this? They pay politicians to this day to do just that!
    Decades of propaganda and immersing themselves inside a thought bubble.





  7. #151

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I don't understand how people fight the real life logic of this. Companies would completely screw people's lives abs the environment without regulation. How do we know this? They pay politicians to this day to do just that!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Because the people in companies are evil.

    But as we all know, the people that comprise the regulatory bureaucrats... they are all good.

    They pay politicians to this day to do just that!

    (it's like you don't even realize that you're refuting your own argument)





  8. #152

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Because the people in companies are evil.

    But as we all know, the people that comprise the regulatory bureaucrats... they are all good.

    They pay politicians to this day to do just that!

    (it's like you don't even realize that you're refuting your own argument)
    Lmaooo bro what?!?! The regulatory agencies don't decide to not do their jobs! It's literally:

    1. Lobbyists pay politicians
    2. Politicians pass laws decreasing regulations
    3. Regulatory bodies lose power to actually do a good job

    The regulatory bodies have absolutely nothing to do with how much power and money they're given to do their jobs well. What are you talking about???

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  9. #153

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Lmaooo bro what?!?! The regulatory agencies don't decide to not do their jobs! It's literally:

    1. Lobbyists pay politicians
    2. Politicians pass laws decreasing regulations
    3. Regulatory bodies lose power to actually do a good job

    The regulatory bodies have absolutely nothing to do with how much power and money they're given to do their jobs well. What are you talking about???

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Are you honestly naive enough to think that people who buy politicians, don't also buy regulatory officials?

    Really?

    That's your position?





  10. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    17,668
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Are you honestly naive enough to think that people who buy politicians, don't also buy regulatory officials?

    Really?

    That's your position?
    Youíre fighting an un-winnable battle. Heís convinced socialism is good and wonít be convinced until itís tried and fails.





  11. #155

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Lmaooo bro what?!?! The regulatory agencies don't decide to not do their jobs! It's literally:

    1. Lobbyists pay politicians
    2. Politicians pass laws decreasing regulations
    3. Regulatory bodies lose power to actually do a good job

    The regulatory bodies have absolutely nothing to do with how much power and money they're given to do their jobs well. What are you talking about???

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I'm 99.9% certain you have no clue how 2007/2008 happened.

    This is laughable but equally sad.





  12. #156

    Re: A Contract with Black America

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You’re fighting an un-winnable battle. He’s convinced socialism is good and won’t be convinced until it’s tried and fails.
    I wonder why liberals never try things at home first. Or with their own money first?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site