Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: And the retreat from Trump begins

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What? I get you don't like third parties but if you don't like the major parties there are slews of other parties such as the Libertarians, Greens, Constitutionalists, etc. Find one that has your views and vote for them rather than not voting.

But your post is a bit incoherent.
    Yeah it jumps around.

They are making it harder for third party candidates to get on ballots these days. I also think Democrats solved their Ralph Nadar problem by mainstreaming fringe environmental politics. My third point is Perot enthusiasm turned into a rapist president and his woman that like Herpes and Cancer combined has infected and poisoned our politics for close to 3 decades now. All Perot did was hurt Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Which why we need laws not men to rule.
    The question is not whether we need laws and orderly conduct of our lives. We do.

The question is whether governance under those laws may be imposed upon you without your consent. In other words... does simply being born somewhere morally obligate you to submit to claims of sovereignty over your life?

This is the question that separates the anarcho-capitalist from the minarchist.

If we truly believe that honest men may only justly deal with each other by consent... then we can't simply ignore this truth and impose upon them a system of laws they did not agree to be governed by.

This is why I suggest that if (upon reaching the age of majority) each person were offered the opportunity to accept the tenets of the Constitution voluntarily and contractually, then we could be governed under a Constitution very much like our own...

But absent recognition of the need for that consent... you cede away the foundational objection to imposed government, and open yourself to some very dangerous trends.Like the ones we're witnessing today.
    Last edited by owknows; 10-15-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The message it sends is third party candidates need to be suffocated in the womb. In the case of the Democratic party it meant they had to "mainstream" kooky climate and environmental policies to keep the greenies on board. I used to believe in them until Ross Perot.
    Bust .....we have Perot now only not as good of a business man. Trump isn’t an old guard Republican.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Bust .....we have Perot now only not as good of a business man. Trump isn’t an old guard Republican.

Perhaps not as good a businessman, but he does far outstrip Perot as a candidate (I have a ton of respect for Perot, even if I think his arrogance gave us 8 years of Clinton).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

I worked at EDS from 94 to 2000. Perot turned his programmers in to a commodity with his SED training program so he could plug them in all over the place and they would know the culture, coding style etc.. You had to do it their way... Think COBOL and the death of individuality combined on a large scale. I am glad I was acquired and did not have to go through that program. It was not a culture that had a prayer of surviving the rapid change in technologies and the internet boom in the 90s. It was a place to be a cog. My brief stint was when it was in it's decline. Lots of guys that came up with the company as young men having a hard time dealing with the brave new client server and desktop computer world. I admire what he built. He was the right guy with the right idea at the right time. I don't know that his genius would have translated to a different technological and cultural era through.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    LOL. Text BIGGERdumbass to 30330.

If you don't like Jorgenson then check out one of the other ones. They range from crazy left to anarchist right with many options in between.

If the third parties combined got 10% of the vote you might get a serious candidate or two out of them eventually, one that could get enough traction to get into the debates.

Or we could keep doing the same damn thing over and over and hope for better candidates.

Text EINSTEINwasright to 30330.
    I have to admit that seeing the fly account from the vp debate tweet out "I made it into the debates before the libertarians" was hilarious.

It is ridiculous they base the debates on poll numbers rather than ballot access though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If Trump loses, especially if he loses badly, a lot of current supporters will pretend they never did.

The Trump Stink will still be on them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    If Trump loses, especially if he loses badly, a lot of current supporters will pretend they never did.

The Trump Stink will still be on them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    After watching the town hall last night, trump is winning big. It won’t be close. The had hand picked undecided voters. A black woman, seated in camera view behind trump, would nod in agreement often. Especially when talking about covid and antifa. I think the left is going to be shocked when Trump gets more black voters than 2016

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    After watching the town hall last night, trump is winning big. It won’t be close. The had hand picked undecided voters. A black woman, seated in camera view behind trump, would nod in agreement often. Especially when talking about covid and antifa. I think the left is going to be shocked when Trump gets more black voters than 2016
    If Trump wins reelection, and it's because he wins like 30% of the black vote, I might spontaneously combust with joy.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    . All Perot did was hurt Bush.
    That’s all he wanted to do. He didn’t want to be president