Re: And the retreat from Trump begins

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Yeah... Mittens made the same bet..

They're lousy gamblers.
    Yup. Exactly.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I'll just stop voting. And so will millions of others.
    Vote third party. It will send a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The message it sends is third party candidates need to be suffocated in the womb. In the case of the Democratic party it meant they had to "mainstream" kooky climate and environmental policies to keep the greenies on board. I used to believe in them until Ross Perot.

Blog Entries

Not with dumbasses like Jo Jorgenson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

In the interest of fair disclosure, I'm an anarcho-capitalist.

Anyone who truly subscribes to the fundamental political tenets of Libertarianism kinda has to be.

Jorgenson is not.

I'm convinced that the entire concept of government is predicated on the initiation of force, and therefore not morally justifiable. Honest men deal with each other by consent.

But I'm a pragmatic and rational anarchist... so will occasionally cast a vote.

There are things we could do to make our government consent-based and therefore morally justifiable. Like having every adult be given the option of entering into Constitutional Contract with his countrymen upon reaching the age of majority... or leaving. (or perhaps not physically leaving, but abdicating political voice)

My indulgence in the current political maelstrom is largely an effort to forestall the calamity that is communism. It will have to be resisted at some point.... so the pragmatist in me insists on giving it every peaceful shot first.
    Last edited by owknows; 10-15-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The message it sends is third party candidates need to be suffocated in the womb. In the case of the Democratic party it meant they had to "mainstream" kooky climate and environmental policies to keep the greenies on board. I used to believe in them until Ross Perot.
    What? I get you don't like third parties but if you don't like the major parties there are slews of other parties such as the Libertarians, Greens, Constitutionalists, etc. Find one that has your views and vote for them rather than not voting.

But your post is a bit incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

LOL. Text BIGGERdumbass to 30330.

If you don't like Jorgenson then check out one of the other ones. They range from crazy left to anarchist right with many options in between.

If the third parties combined got 10% of the vote you might get a serious candidate or two out of them eventually, one that could get enough traction to get into the debates.

Or we could keep doing the same damn thing over and over and hope for better candidates.

Text EINSTEINwasright to 30330.

Anyone who truly subscribes to the fundamental political tenets of Libertarianism kinda has to be.

Jorgenson is not.

I'm convinced that the entire concept of government is predicated on the initiation of force, and therefore not morally justifiable. Honest men deal with each other by consent.

There are things we could do to make our government consent-based and therefore morally justifiable. Like having every adult be given the option of entering into Constitutional Contract with his countrymen upon reaching the age of majority... or leaving. (or perhaps not physically leaving, but abdicating political voice)

My indulgence in the current political maelstrom is largely an effort to forestall the calamity that is communism. It will have to be resisted at some point.... so the pragmatist in me insists on giving it every peaceful shot first.
    “If Men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and the next place, oblige it to control itself."

James Madison
    Men aren't angels so government is necessary.

Blog Entries

Jorgenson is not.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying.

My position has always been that government sucks at pretty much everything, so why should we continue to give them more of our money? In addition, leave me the hell alone and I'll leave you the hell alone.

That's pretty much my political ideology. Lol.

Blog Entries

LOL. Text BIGGERdumbass to 30330.

If you don't like Jorgenson then check out one of the other ones. They range from crazy left to anarchist right with many options in between.

If the third parties combined got 10% of the vote you might get a serious candidate or two out of them eventually, one that could get enough traction to get into the debates.

Or we could keep doing the same damn thing over and over and hope for better candidates.

Text EINSTEINwasright to 30330.

Men aren't angels so government is necessary.
    Men aren't angels, so government is immoral.

Blog Entries

Men aren't angels, so government is immoral.
    Which why we need laws not men to rule.