Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: It’s time for Ben Powers

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    I want to see DJ Fluker at Right Guard.

At one point he was thought highly enough to be a 1st round draft pick. He's a veteran, but he's not old. If you look at his PFFs over the years, some years are better than others, but generally he's been average to good. He's a oliner of a particular type, a mauling run blocker who should be a good mauling run blocker from the RG position. Tyre is pretty much the same, but he's a rookie and at this point does not seem to be doing as well.

The Ravens are winning, so whatever it is that the Ravens are doing with the oline, isn't causing losses, so getting Tyre better in regular season games might be perfectly fine.

I think I'd take Powers over Mekari at RG, it seems like he's got more run blocking power. But the Ravens could shuffle the line differently every day, get a look at a lot of players playing different positions, and it all gets worked out perfect just in time for the playoffs.
    I agree with at least TRYING Fluker at RG. Are we really putting out our best five O linemen? Is Tyre really better NOW than Fluker, Power, Mekari or Bredesen? The bar is not very high. Not feeling pessimistic as bemused. Like WTF?
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I agree with at least TRYING Fluker at RG. Are we really putting out our best five O linemen? Is Tyre really better NOW than Fluker, Power, Mekari or Bredesen? The bar is not very high. Not feeling pessimistic as bemused. Like WTF?
    I am pretty sure Fluker started at RG during Week 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

Nope. Pretty sure Tyre won the battle in TC and started against Cleveland.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Nope. Pretty sure Tyre won the battle in TC and started against Cleveland.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I think you’re right. My bad.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

I think you’re right. My bad.

Fluker has looked bad everytime he's played keep him on the bench. One of the concerns I had when I saw the weight loss articles was alright how is he going to hold up in the run game.

The answer so far at least to me is not well. He doesn't look strong and isn't pushing guys around like I thought he would.

6. Re: It’s time for Ben Powers

I'm pretty sure he didn't. There was a decent amount of discussion about this. It was a surprise that Tyre got the RG start because he was a rookie. Fluker is a decent veteran RG, not too old, and a road grader type, which appeals to me. I was enthusiastic about seeing Fluker, he supposedly lost a lot of weight and got in great shape.

The Ravens have used him at swing tackle. I'm not sure how good he'd do at LT, but RT is something he'd be good at. It's possible they had him at RT and Brown at LT when Stanley was out. That configuration seems like one they might want to take a closer look at if they don't want to pay Stanley. If Brown at LT works with another big at RT, the Ravens could save money.

I would want to see Fluker at RG, and I suspect that he would be good at run blocking there.