Blog Entries

Re: It’s time for Ben Powers

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I believe you left Patrick Mekari out of your post... Bc
    Mekari was bad in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Skura could learn a lot from Mack
    Skura was playing at a Pro Bowl level before he injured his knee last year, he knows the center position he’s still not 100% that’s the issue and fans need to be patient

Blog Entries

Smile Re: It’s time for Ben Powers

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    iSN'T MACK AN AARP ALL-STAR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Mack is 34 and will be 35 next month, but he is still a very good Center. The Ravens got Matt Birk near the end of his career, and that turned out well for them. I am not saying that Mack is the long term answer at Center, but he could really help the Ravens for this year and next year until the Ravens develop a Center.
    Yes, Matt Birk was 36 when the Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII. He retired the next month. I hope we can say the same about Alex Mack someday ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think there were some mistakes. Notably he struggled with Reader and his strength, but I don't feel he played that poorly.

There's some very coachable things, but for a first start at RG, I certainly don't feel bad about his play.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think there were some mistakes. Notably he struggled with Reader and his strength, but I don't feel he played that poorly.

There's some very coachable things, but for a first start at RG, I certainly don't feel bad about his play.
    I think we are all having a case of post-Yanda syndrome. Everybody we have put out there (Phillips, Mekari, Powers) have been average. We were so spoiled for so many years having my favorite Raven of all time anchoring RG. (to be fair, I am a Hawkeyes fan so that is not an objective opinion)

Hopefully, one of those 3 guys will improve and stabilize the position, but we must remember that we will probably never see another RG of Yanda's caliber again.

The pedigree will be Bredeson. I know this comment will be met with reactions, but he has the best upside as an inside O'Line talent. Still feel Phillips best role will eventually be RT

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    The pedigree will be Bredeson. I know this comment will be met with reactions, but he has the best upside as an inside O'Line talent. Still feel Phillips best role will eventually be RT
    I'm not sure how he'd have more upside over Phillips given Bredeson's physical limitations (i.e. arm length - going to have similar issues as Mekari does against those longer DTs).

I'm high on Bredeson and I think he can be a starter in this league, but Phillips has insane upside if he can put it all together.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    From RSR Stock Report :

" Stock Up: Patrick Mekari
    I’ve been high on Patrick Mekari since he was first asked to fill in for an injured Matt Skura last season, and I’m glad he’s getting another shot this year. It was unfortunate there wasn’t a spot for him on the starting offensive line to open the season, even after right guard Marshal Yanda retired. Rookie Tyre Phillips has been the Yanda replacement so far but has been up and down in the role through four weeks. With Philips out Sunday, John Harbaugh said offensive line coach Joe D’Alessandris had the idea of rotating Mekari and Ben Powers at right guard every two drives. Lamar Jackson had plenty of time in the pocket when it was Mekari’s turn on the field and he did a good job of opening up holes and bullying defenders in the run game.

Mekari proved he can play somewhere other than center, the position he played when he was PFF’s second-highest graded rookie offensive lineman a season ago, and I’m interested to see if he did enough in the coaches’ eyes to earn the starting right guard spot moving forward, or at least an expanded role. "

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    If they spend a second rounder on an iOL in the upcoming draft, that may have a lot to do with who winds up starting where. Considering that it is very likely they let O Brown hit the market after 2021, it doesn't seem like a stretch to see Phillips later at RT.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

The discussion/consensus on this forum surrounding the iOL depth chart never made sense to me.
    I think the staff clearly rates Mekari over Powers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The discussion/consensus on this forum surrounding the iOL depth chart never made sense to me.
    I think the staff clearly rates Mekari over Powers.
    I think the Ravens coaching staff values players who can play multiple positions which is fine. However, I also think they value those versatile players over players who are better at a particular position. Powers can only play OG, but IMO he is a better OG than Mekari.

I think the Ravens should just play Powers at OG. Bozeman has played well at LG, but isn’t incredible at that position. Move Bozeman to Center and play Powers at either LG or RG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare