Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens @ Eagles Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Always glad to see an opposing POV. Have you factored in the Eagles injury report though?

Oct 16, 2020 at 05:24 PM :

Eagles: OUT: T Lane Johnson (ankle), LB Duke Riley (rib), CB Avonte Maddox (ankle), G Matt Pryor (illness), WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring), S Marcus Epps (rib), WR Alshon Jeffery (foot); QUESTIONABLE: CB Darius Slay (concussion)

That's a lot of talent that won't be playing on Sunday. Especially on the offensive side (2 starting WRs, starting RT, and back-up OG). Add that to the way the Ravens defense has been playing (leading the NFL with a 15.2 avg. points against), and 34 Eagles points seems excessive. Of course anything can happen, but the odds are against your prediction. Wish I could post "good luck", but I can't... Bc
    Granted, I don't follow injurty reports and honestly, I don't know who any of those guys are except Deshaun. I don't know who they had out vs Pittsburgh but they hung in against a superior team. The Steelers have a better defense up front than we do and we don't have Ben and the Steelers top four receivers are better than any of ours.

NFL defenses always catch up....things never wander far from the standard drop back passer types. Lamar no longer has the edge and is regressed to sandlot from the pocket or running to his left and looks worse than his first year. The Ravens don't know how to draft receivers...as the Steelers do...so our pix (Boykin, 'wood, Hurst, etc) were a total wash at the expense of the defensive front. The Ravens try to emulate and follow trends (Gronk, Deshaun/Tyreke, etc) rather than honing in on the same traits the Steelers always find. If Lamar had any of those Steelers guys...Juju?...I'd feel a little better.

You might be right about the 34 though, good point. I'm sticking with it cuz the Eagles will run against a bad front 7 (when the only power 5 conference guy leads in tackles with no preseason, it's a symptom). Eagles fly.
    Last edited by wecoxepa; 10-18-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries

27 Ravens
    17 Iggles

We'll all have attitudes by halftime.

41-16 ravens