Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Patrick Queen DROY?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Who gives a shit? Win in the playoffs.

I'm annoyed listening to these guys talk about individual awards after what happened last year.
    Tell us how you really feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if he wins DPOY it means he played great for our team and helped us get as far as we could. i don't really hate on a player for getting an individual award unless a player (or team) changes their game in order to win an individual award (like Westbrook's teammates letting him take the easy rebounds to average a triple-double on the season). good for him if he gets DPOY. it means he helped our team win. if he starts jumping on the pile late to boost his tackle numbers to win DPOY (which i don't see happening) then i will take a different view on it.

Kids put his game together.

Very similar to Boykin and it looks like it clicked for him.
    I'm almost mad at myself for not paying more attention to Claypool around draft time.

6'4" 238 lbs runs a 4.42

Totally overlooked that

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I'm almost mad at myself for not paying more attention to Claypool around draft time.

6'4" 238 lbs runs a 4.42

Totally overlooked that
    He was very similar to Boykin as a prospect
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

He's got about 18 pounds on boykin though that's a big difference

On second thought though.. I doubt hes still at 238.

College

NFL

Definitely looks like he dropped some weight and probably got faster in the process

Chase Claypool is a big boy. At 6’4”, the Notre Dame wide receiver has at times tipped the scales at upwards of 240 pounds. They have drafted tight ends who are smaller than is the 21-year-old. But make no mistake, he is a wide receiver, not a tight end, and he won’t let anybody tell him otherwise. The Pittsburgh Steelers, who drafted him in the second round yesterday, certainly are not disagreeing.

Speaking to Steelers Nation Radio earlier today, he told his hosts that he currently weighs 233 pounds. While not listed on the roster yet, the team’s website in an article lists his weight at 238 pounds. But that is not the weight at which he expected to play in 2020.

“We haven’t talked too much about that”, Claypool said about speaking to the team about where they would like him to play, but he had an idea. “I’ll probably go ahead and talk to Coach Tomlin in a couple days, but I would imagine maybe 228-230”, he said. “As long as I’m not losing any muscle mass, then I’m good with that”.

Like if Boykin was good...

Claypool is a beast on special teams as well.

If Young plays 12+ games he wins no contest. The talent they have on their line is unreal. Queen is obviously really talented but he has been getting picked apart in coverage and blowing assignments left and right

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Who here is hanging their hat on winning awards?!?! Pretty sure fans here are just acknowledging accomplishments by their favorite Ravens players on a forum. Pretty sure this is the correct venue for that right?

Everyone wants the end goal in winning the Lombardi but life passes by pretty quick.

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Ferris Bueller, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I would not be happy if Queen wins the DROY award as it would help the Ravens to win games. However (a) we've only played 5 games [that's 31.25 % of our schedule for those mathematically inclined] (b) there's no buts in your sentence "winning the Lombardi!" How would you feel if Ray Lewis, Jon Ogden and Co. won multiple awards, but did not win the 2000 Super Bowl? How would you feel if during the Flacco/Ray Rice/Harbaugh early era they did not produce a championship? I mentioned, and wonder, if Dan marino would turn in his awards for just one Super Bowl victory?
    see GWNR's post (#4) and HotInHere's elaborate post (#48) because he said it better than I can... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Yeah we gotta stop drafting good players that win awards. We need a bunch of motivated scrubs.

Dont these young cats know that since we lost a playoff game, we aren't allowed to celebrate anything?
    I am going to defy these rules and celebrate by going on to a thread and post about how I don't care about the thread.

Blog Entries

"We're just scratching the surface of what kind of LB @Patrickqueen_
    can be in this defense."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!