Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Patrick Queen DROY?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Kids these days. You know canadians don’t hate, eh?
    Unfortunately, there's a Canadian up in Pittsburgh you may have to hate

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Unfortunately, there's a Canadian up in Pittsburgh you may have to hate
    Kids put his game together.

Very similar to Boykin and it looks like it clicked for him.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

He'll win it as long as he doesn't get hurt. Coverage is an issue so far, but the numbers + being starting ILB on a top 5 defense will do it.

Why are fans so obsessed with individual awards? When I read Steelers boards it's "Claypool should win OROY", "Ben should be comeback player of the year", last year it was "TJ should be DPOY". This is a team sport and the only trophy that matters is the Lombardi, everything else is jack shit. I understand that you can be happy for a player you really like when he wins something, but it doesn't do anything for your team. Except that they will have to pay him more if they want to keep him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    Why are fans so obsessed with individual awards? When I read Steelers boards it's "Claypool should win OROY", "Ben should be comeback player of the year", last year it was "TJ should be DPOY". This is a team sport and the only trophy that matters is the Lombardi, everything else is jack shit. I understand that you can be happy for a player you really like when he wins something, but it doesn't do anything for your team. Except that they will have to pay him more if they want to keep him.
    Double T, I fully agree. Last year the Ravens won a slew of awards, but were humiliated in their only playoff game. I'd rather win, you can keep the awards. I think that's what Dan Marino thinks too... Bc

Yeah we gotta stop drafting good players that win awards. We need a bunch of motivated scrubs.

Dont these young cats know that since we lost a playoff game, we aren't allowed to celebrate anything?
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Yeah we gotta stop drafting good players that win awards. We need a bunch of motivated scrubs.

Dont these young cats know that since we lost a playoff game, we aren't allowed to celebrate anything?
    I know you're being sarcastic, but don't you get the gist of what we're saying? Of course we want to draft well, and have award-winning players, but keep your eye on the prize (Super Bowl). So tell me, would you be satisfied with a winning season, several award winners, but lose 28 - 12 in our 1st playoff game? If so, then we part company... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but don't you get the gist of what we're saying? Of course we want to draft well, and have award-winning players, but keep your eye on the prize (Super Bowl). So tell me, would you be satisfied with a winning season, several award winners, but lose 28 - 12 in our 1st playoff game? If so, then we part company... Bc
    Who here is hanging their hat on winning awards?!?! Pretty sure fans here are just acknowledging accomplishments by their favorite Ravens players on a forum. Pretty sure this is the correct venue for that right?

Everyone wants the end goal in winning the Lombardi but life passes by pretty quick.

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Ferris Bueller, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Only one team gets to win the Super Bowl and last year that wasn't us. Im still going to watch every game and root for these guys to succeed.

Also its ridiculous to dump on a guy who WASNT ON THE TEAM LAST YEAR about the Titans game.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Why does it matter what fans talk about? Does us discussing Queen potentially winning DROTY have any impact whatsoever on the Ravens chances of winning the SB? No. Does Steeler or Browns fans discussing Garrett or Watt winning DPOTY have any impact on their chances...? No.

Do you think that literally anyone here would rather Patrick Queen or Marlon Humphrey win an individual award over the Ravens winning the SB? Please...

Now, players talking about it, as maybe someone in this thread and someone in the Humphrey thread mentioned? I'm not a huge fan of that, although I stop short of saying it impacts their postseason chances. But fans? Whatever.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

We live in a world of false dichotomies.

I believe, as a Ravens fan, that the one primary goal of the football team is to win a Super Bowl. Period. I don't care if we do that with a team that wins all the awards, or a team that wins none of the awards. That is 100% true.

And it is not not negated by me taking pleasure in seeing our players get recognized for their accomplishments. Those two things can exist simultaneously.

And they are actually related. Winning awards doesn't = winning a championship. But as a general rule, players who win awards are very good players. And as a general rule, teams that have very good players tend to win more than teams without very good players.

It's odd to me that as soon as someone starts talking about a player winning an award, people think that that person doesn't care about winning a championship. Makes no sense. Can't you care about both?
    "Chin up, chest out."