Page 8 of 279 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Election Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    This is what I don’t understand. Where are you all located that you see the past 4 years as a success? This past year especially was as bad as 2007-08 IMO.
    How are you rating this year as bad?
    Why is it bad?
    Who is to blame?

In my unbiased view. This year was good economically. We are in the worst pandemic ever. And unemployment is 8%. People are spending money like crazy. Home sales are through the rough. A friend that sells for one of the largest home builders said that sales reps were told to stop selling. They can’t keep up with demand
    Lumber sales are through the roof. Stock is low because everyone is buying it up
    Boat sales are through the roof. You can’t find boats, because inventory is gone. My 4 yr old boat is worth more today, with four years on it, then I paid for it in 2016
    Gas prices are low
    Food prices are stable
    Stock market is at record highs
    iPhone just released a new phone and Verizon said it signed more new users that anticipated

Basically, if California and New York lifted the lockdown and travel bans, the economy would be setting records.

Compare this to 2008/2009. Unemployment was double digits. The stock market dropped in half. Home prices dropped by 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    How are you rating this year as bad?
    Why is it bad?
    Who is to blame?

In my unbiased view. This year was good economically. We are in the worst pandemic ever. And unemployment is 8%. People are spending money like crazy. Home sales are through the rough. A friend that sells for one of the largest home builders said that sales reps were told to stop selling. They can’t keep up with demand
    Lumber sales are through the roof. Stock is low because everyone is buying it up
    Boat sales are through the roof. You can’t find boats, because inventory is gone. My 4 yr old boat is worth more today, with four years on it, then I paid for it in 2016
    Gas prices are low
    Food prices are stable
    Stock market is at record highs
    iPhone just released a new phone and Verizon said it signed more new users that anticipated

Basically, if California and New York lifted the lockdown and travel bans, the economy would be setting records.

Compare this to 2008/2009. Unemployment was double digits. The stock market dropped in half. Home prices dropped by 50%
    2020 has been an abject failure in the worst way. I cannot get paper towels delivered. Nor lysol or Clorox. We are the richest country in the world and I can't buy household items. A friend is a physician in an ER in Michigan in a badly hit hospital with lots of Covid patients. He does not have enough PPE in the hospital so has to wear surgical masks instead of proper safety gear. Why is this? Why was the defense production act not put into place in early March and why in October is an ER doctor out of N95s? There is no excuse for this. None at all.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    2020 has been an abject failure in the worst way. I cannot get paper towels delivered. Nor lysol or Clorox. We are the richest country in the world and I can't buy household items. A friend is a physician in an ER in Michigan in a badly hit hospital with lots of Covid patients. He does not have enough PPE in the hospital so has to wear surgical masks instead of proper safety gear. Why is this? Why was the defense production act not put into place in early March and why in October is an ER doctor out of N95s? There is no excuse for this. None at all.
    This article was published March 18. Are you saying Trump was a week too late?

You can purchase N95 masks here on Amazon.

Perhaps your friend's hospital is run by morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    This article was published March 18. Are you saying Trump was a week too late?

You can purchase N95 masks here on Amazon.

Perhaps your friend's hospital is run by morons.
    I've been on Amazon looking. N95s out of stock. The KN95s are there but they are not N95s.

So when were manufacturers forced to produce PPE? I believe it was enacted and not enforced.

Silver is basically calling the election already for Biden... unless "the election is stolen somehow" Pretty remarkable thing to say.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...43000575152131

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Silver is basically calling the election already for Biden... unless "the election is stolen somehow" Pretty remarkable thing to say.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...43000575152131
    The guy who was right 1 time and is now treated as God.

Blog Entries

It is an amazing thing to say. Really full of hubris.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    It is an amazing thing to say. Really full of hubris.
    It also assumes the early voting is for Biden. But I really think he's setting up people for disappointment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It also assumes the early voting is for Biden. But I really think he's setting up people for disappointment.
    I went to try and vote this morning in Urbana, MD...a fairly affluent area that I expected to be inundated with Biden stickers. The line was massive...hundreds of people....and a lot of them were wearing MAGA stuff.

At this point...who knows.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I went to try and vote this morning in Urbana, MD...a fairly affluent area that I expected to be inundated with Biden stickers. The line was massive...hundreds of people....and a lot of them were wearing MAGA stuff.

At this point...who knows.
    Yeah. I really don't know what will happen. While the only outcome that would surprise me is a Biden landsldie, if it weren't fro the media everything else tells me Trump by a lot.

11. Re: Election Predictions

Who knows....

I feel like this one is going to be to close to call. I could see rejected ballots deciding the results in several states.

This need for a final total on Nov 3rd is real bullshit. We never have a final total on Nov 3rd. What we have is the medias projected winners. This year thats going to be almost impossible due to the numbers of mail in votes. Some 45 million with a week to go.

I will say this, I could see Trump driving more people to engage than we have seen in a hundred years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Who knows....

I feel like this one is going to be to close to call. I could see rejected ballots deciding the results in several states.

This need for a final total on Nov 3rd is real bullshit. We never have a final total on Nov 3rd. What we have is the medias projected winners. This year thats going to be almost impossible due to the numbers of mail in votes. Some 45 million with a week to go.

I will say this, I could see Trump driving more people to engage than we have seen in a hundred years.
    By the way "can I change my vote" is a top google search today. Pretty sure you can change yours in Florida if you still regret your vote for the ever corrupt Biden.