Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Question about EZ Pass

This came up the other night and thought I'd throw it out for discussion.

Supposedly, someone got a speeding ticket in the mail, because the time it took him to travel between EZ Pass tolls was calculated and indicated that he had been speeding.

Sounded like total BS to me at first, but after thinking about it, I could see certain states doing this.

We travel back & forth to OC on a regular basis, but the EZ Pass tolls we cross are in PA, then the Bay Bridge, so if this is true, I can't see it happening between 2 states.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheOrioleWay; 12-28-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Re: Question about EZ Pass

Wouldn't shock me if they started doing this. Your time is marked when you pass thru an ez pass so figgering timewise it could be determined what speed you're going. Tbh I dont have a problem with this since I drive like a grandpa.

My favorite bumper sticker of all time. "I might be slow but I'm ahead of you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    This came up the other night and thought I'd throw it out for discussion.

Supposedly, someone got a speeding ticket in the mail, because the time it took him to travel between EZ Pass tolls was calculated and indicated that he had been speeding.

Sounded like total BS to me at first, but after thinking about it, I could see certain states doing this.

We travel back & forth to OC on a regular basis, but the EZ Pass tolls we cross are in PA, then the Bay Bridge, so if this is true, I can't see it happening between 2 states.

Thoughts?
    Sssshhhh, don't give them any ideas. Honestly, i doubt they could do it, especially between states. I cross the bay bridge to OC about 25 times a year during the spring summer and fall but the BB is my only toll.

I did some Googling and it sounds like an urban legend. Some administrator from EZ Pass in NY said he's been asked this countless times and it's just not true.

And yes, CarrollCoRaven.................don't give them the idea.

Just got a $4.00 bill from MDTA for crossing the Bay Bridge in JUNE. Had the EZ Pass in the car, so am going to inquire. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else out there?

Just got a $4.00 bill from MDTA for crossing the Bay Bridge in JUNE. Had the EZ Pass in the car, so am going to inquire. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else out there?
    I've had it fail to read before. Normally they'll use your license plate to trace back to the ez pass though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Can't you check to see if you were charged on you're ezpass in june?

I called MDTA; they were nice, but not much they could do, so I paid the $4. Asked about the placement of the transponder. I told them when I got it, they told me to put it at the bottom of the driver's side window, due to the tinting at the top. They recommended I move it to the passenger side window at top, just below the tinting.

Then I called Ohio EZ Pass. They asked if my license had been linked to the pass, which it wasn't. I recall trying to do this online and it wasn't working. So he linked 2 of our cars to our pass. Hopefully this will avoid any more charges, if they do trace the plates to the pass. This guy said to leave the transponder where it is now, at the bottom left.

I'll check online to see about the June charge.

I was Gavin going issues with mine a few years ago. But the green/red light at the booth would stay red. So I was expecting the bill to come. I replaced my receiver