Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kim Klacik drops another bomb.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307774129597284352

Whoever is writing and directing these commercials needs some sort of award. The coloring of the clothing is brilliantly done; her white dress is understated yet contrast with her skin, emphasizing race without being absurdly obvious. That juxtaposition along with the narrative throughout the commercial plays into her argument. She asks if people feel black lives are important before using a lot of collective terms such as us, our, and community. That's going to make it hard to attack her with claims she's not a black person from Baltimore. Then the closing images of multiple women of various ethnicities and religions dressed in red following Kim is powerful. Red is pretty clearly Republican, the Muslim woman on crutches is a little over-the-top but you have to have some corny in a political ad. The best scene is when the black lady on the left in sunglasses reaches out for the young girl playing. It just ties the message of community up nicely.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Kim Klacik drops another bomb.

She's right you know.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    She's right you know.
    Yep.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1307774129597284352

Whoever is writing and directing these commercials needs some sort of award. The coloring of the clothing is brilliantly done; her white dress is understated yet contrast with her skin, emphasizing race without being absurdly obvious. That juxtaposition along with the narrative throughout the commercial plays into her argument. She asks if people feel black lives are important before using a lot of collective terms such as us, our, and community. That's going to make it hard to attack her with claims she's not a black person from Baltimore. Then the closing images of multiple women of various ethnicities and religions dressed in red following Kim is powerful. Red is pretty clearly Republican, the Muslim woman on crutches is a little over-the-top but you have to have some corny in a political ad. The best scene is when the black lady on the left in sunglasses reaches out for the young girl playing. It just ties the message of community up nicely.
    Benny Johnson from Turning Point USA is producing her ads

Blog Entries

Another good ad from her.

I hope people in Baltimore are paying attention.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Another good ad from her.

I hope people in Baltimore are paying attention.
    Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Green... don't care who does it.

How awesome would it be if it was a safe place to live where the people had a chance at a peaceful, fulfilling, good life.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

How awesome would it be if it was a safe place to live where the people had a chance at a peaceful, fulfilling, good life.
    Adding in the "HGTV-type simulation" where the viewer could actually SEE the change? Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

Absolutely.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

She should run for mayor if this bid fails.

Nah. She'd be running against some real top-quality Democrats. Balto.'s had a string of really great Mayors of late.

Klacik isn't the only conservative dropping bombs...

Wow!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Klacik isn't the only conservative dropping bombs...

Wow!
    Long, but good