Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Realistic trade targets

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Scratch him from the list. Adding to his misery he pulled a hamstring too.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    noteworthy midseason trades are pretty rare for this team. last year was prob the biggest in franchise history.
    And last year was EDC's first as GM. It's a new era. I think he is more of a dealer than Ozzie was.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    And last year was EDC's first as GM. It's a new era. I think he is more of a dealer than Ozzie was.
    it's possible, but i think there's near-universal agreement that the Peters trade was a gift to us, and i think anybody takes that gift. i'm gonna wait until he makes a midseason trade of roughly equal value (not counting a 6th or 7th round pick, those aren't the kind of trades everyone here is looking for) before i start seeing midseason trades as something he likes. and i'll reiterate, midseason trades often favor the team giving away a player, and they're often made because the team acquiring a player feels close to SB contention but also has a championship window closing. if the Saints were close but needed one piece to really turn the corner, that's the kind of team i'd expect to deal. midseason trades are also more for teams/GMs/owners who aren't successful building through the draft. the previous stat about Jerry Jones almost never trading away a player midseason but frequently acquiring a player for picks midseason speaks volumes about the kind of teams/owners/GMs that do it.

Maybe we go talk to the Rams again, and see about Josh Reynolds.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

TL;DR version of last post (sorry, trying to cut down on my wordiness): i don't really think we (the fans) should want to be a team that frequently pursues midseason acquisitions, except if they're the sort like the Peters trade that are outrageously in our favor (i.e. pro-bowler for peanuts).

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    it's possible, but i think there's near-universal agreement that the Peters trade was a gift to us, and i think anybody takes that gift. i'm gonna wait until he makes a midseason trade of roughly equal value (not counting a 6th or 7th round pick, those aren't the kind of trades everyone here is looking for) before i start seeing midseason trades as something he likes. and i'll reiterate, midseason trades often favor the team giving away a player, and they're often made because the team acquiring a player feels close to SB contention but also has a championship window closing. if the Saints were close but needed one piece to really turn the corner, that's the kind of team i'd expect to deal. midseason trades are also more for teams/GMs/owners who aren't successful building through the draft. the previous stat about Jerry Jones almost never trading away a player midseason but frequently acquiring a player for picks midseason speaks volumes about the kind of teams/owners/GMs that do it.

We got Peters after the Rams got Ramsey. Peters was on his 5th yr option and the Rams needed the space. Ramsey also filled his spot.

No team in the NFC East is out of it right now. Maybe the Giants. Eagles n Cowboys will take it all the way to the end. Forget about any player being available outside of Jeffrey, but his salary is likely untradeable. If the former Skins win a game before the end of the month they may also stand pat.

Blog Entries

As far as WRs go...

Marvin Jones is in the last year of his deal and playing on a non competitive team, if the Lions are open to dealing he shouldn't cost a lot, that would be a realistic target.

Golden Tate is still sure handed, but I don't think he can run anymore.

They could have signed Robby Anderson (something several people suggested, but were shouted down over "hE's NoT a NuMbEr 1") for relative peanuts in the offseason, but in typical Ravens fashion they put all their eggs into the unproven, talented but raw incumbent basket along with a couple rookies. He's now at 36/489/1 and has hit 100+ yards in 3 of 5 games (and 99 in another) while we are on here trying to identify which would be the best trade option out of a bunch of fairly shitty choices.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    As far as WRs go...

Marvin Jones is in the last year of his deal and playing on a non competitive team, if the Lions are open to dealing he shouldn't cost a lot, that would be a realistic target.

They could have signed Robby Anderson (something several people suggested, but were shouted down over "hE's NoT a NuMbEr 1") for relative peanuts in the offseason, but in typical Ravens fashion they put all their eggs into the unproven, talented but raw incumbent basket along with a couple rookies. He's now at 36/489/1 and has hit 100+ yards in 3 of 5 games (and 99 in another) while we are on here trying to identify which would be the best trade option out of a bunch of fairly shitty choices.
    Robby Anderson has had off the field stuff and we have ( maybe to a fault) gone out of our way to avoid any players with off the field issues ever since the complete mishandling of the Ray Rice debacle. But I agree with you.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

As far as WRs go...

Marvin Jones would add depth but I don't think he improves the WR room.

Blog Entries

As far as WRs go...

I was on the Robby Anderson bandwagon too. I even said we should have tried to trade for him last year. He's another player who has been Gased. Anderson clearly not a #1 WR but he's a very solid outside #2 who can also play the slot. That was a missed opportunity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I think Gallup is realistic. He's WR3 on that team, maybe even WR4 if Cedrick Wilson jumps him. The Cowboys are toast now that Prescott won't be there to try to outscore their terrible defense.

Gallup is on his rookie contract and is a free agent after 2021. He will likely cost draft capital in return.
    I think you've down-played Gallup some. Last year he caught 66 passes for 1,107 yards (16.8 YPC) and 6 TDs. This year 17 catches for 338 yards (20.5 YPC) plus a TD. As you posted he will still be on his rookie contract in 2021, so IMO it would take more draft capital than DeCosta would likely give up. Keep in mind the 2 - 3 Cowboys are in 1st place in the God-awful NFCE too, and aren't likely to give away talent... Bc