Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast

Re: Realistic trade targets

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Michael Thomas on trading block fyi

Ouch, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Well, see, my view is that if we are talking about the move TE, he's already showed he is very good at those things. What he isn't good at are the additional things expected of a wide out. That is also a position that requires a lot of time to develop.

Since someone used a basketball analogy recently, I will apply one to Boykin. Picture a swing forward who has size, plays good defense, and can step back and shoot from range. That's how I see Boykin. What he doesn't do is what you get out of a guard who excels 1 on 1: can handle the ball, penetrate, and blow past you, and go to the rim to score.

To my way of thinking they are shoehorning Boyle into that kind of role, or maybe a combo guard at least (which is how I see the #2 receiver). I feel like a good coach will see that and put him where he can succeed. I think he could also succeed as a big slot guy, which isn't all that different than a move tight end anyway.

Maybe it's early, but I think he's showed what he can do (as the 3), and showed what he struggles with (as the 2).

In my view, moving him to a move TE role is asking him to do less, not more, and it plays to his strengths as a "swing forward."
    So you want him to be a 6’6” stretch 4? Draymond Green?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    I'm a bit excited that my take on this has actually surfaced in something lol. If the Saints are willing to eat the dead cap (unlikely) or are able to get out of some of it somehow, I'd love to trade a 1st for him. He could fit nicely under the cap this year with his 1 mil base salary. His 2021 base is only 12.6 mil too.
    All we would take is the base salary, in a trade

4. Re: Realistic trade targets

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    All we would take is the base salary, in a trade
    Isn't that what chartman said?

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    I'm a bit excited that my take on this has actually surfaced in something lol. If the Saints are willing to eat the dead cap (unlikely) or are able to get out of some of it somehow, I'd love to trade a 1st for him. He could fit nicely under the cap this year with his 1 mil base salary. His 2021 base is only 12.6 mil too.
    I wonder if the team that trades for him would consider restructuring the contract too. Since all the signing and restructure bonus money stays with the Saints, a team could give him most of his 2021 salary (~$11.6m) up front, spreading the hit over 4 seasons. That would make his 2021 hit ~$3.94m ($1.05m + ~$2.89m).
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 10-25-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Idea:

1st for Calvin Ridley, he's an absolute baller, but he was an older rookie and is going to turn 26 during this season, Falcons get a much needed extra 1st for their new regime/rebuild. Ridley's final year of his contract is 2021 with a club option for 2022. That would work with the Ravens cap limitations for now.

ATL might want to hold on to him and want even more than our low 1st for him.... but it's definitely an interesting guy to call on considering ATL has absolutely imploded and is headed for a regime change/rebuild. Those are the situations where they typically value picks over players.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Jags have a fire sale.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Jags have a fire sale.
    1st for DJ Chark? I'm ready to deal and get this team up & rolling for SB runs in 2020 & 2021. I frankly don't trust this scouting department at WR, just pay the premium and get a guy you know can play and is still young. We're likely spending that 1st on a WR anyway, hedge your bets and make sure we get a guy who can actually play via the trade market.

LOL. The thread title was "Realistic trade targets" but now we've got suggestions for giving up a 1st for a stud WR. Let's get back to reality
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    LOL. The thread title was "Realistic trade targets" but now we've got suggestions for giving up a 1st for a stud WR. Let's get back to reality
    Hard not too when EDC is pulling off trades Madden wouldn’t let happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Hard not too when EDC is pulling off trades Madden wouldn’t let happen.
    Well Yannick had been discussed often on here well before EDC pulled off the trade so I consider it "realistic" yet shocking because most fans didn't think he had the balls. If EDC pulls off a trade for someone like Ridley or Juliio or MT then anything going forward is possible. So for now I consider those WR options unrealistic. I do think he'll tryto acquire a Tier 2 WR without giving up too much
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Well Yannick had been discussed often on here well before EDC pulled off the trade so I consider it "realistic" yet shocking because most fans didn't think he had the balls. If EDC pulls off a trade for someone like Ridley or Juliio or MT then anything going forward is possible. So for now I consider those WR options unrealistic. I do think he'll tryto acquire a Tier 2 WR without giving up too much
    I agree, but you see where the mentality comes from. Trade or free agency is where the Ravens find wide receivers. Draft be like:

I say don’t trade a first for anyone. I’d wait and grab JUJu in free agency next year. Steelers won’t retain him and he will be still 24 next year.