Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Is Lamar injured?

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Before today Lamar was still on pace for 28 TDs and 4 INTs so even Lamar playing hurt is still pretty damn good...
    After today Lamar is on pace for 29 TDs and 6 INTs.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Lamar's agility from last year isn't there. He isn't making the cuts or jukes that we saw in 2019. Before today Lamar was still on pace for 28 TDs and 4 INTs so even Lamar playing hurt is still pretty damn good and a lot better than the Ravens backups.

Lamar missing two practices this week is a good indicator that he's banged up right now. Hopefully Lamar can get through one more week and heal up during the bye.
    I would just sit him. He needs that near 3 week time period to heal up (sit vs eagles, bye, another week before Steelers game), Lamar is going to play hurt if given the choice, protect him from himself. We need him healthy for the long haul. Using him hurt for the Eagles game just isn't worth it. Just start RG3, run the ball down their throat, let the defense hunt. We can beat Philly without Lamar... its so so so important for him to heal this up. He's not himself.

Injured Lamar vs that Steelers front 7 would be a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I would just sit him. He needs that near 3 week time period to heal up (sit vs eagles, bye, another week before Steelers game), Lamar is going to play hurt if given the choice, protect him from himself. We need him healthy for the long haul. Using him hurt for the Eagles game just isn't worth it. Just start RG3, run the ball down their throat, let the defense hunt. We can beat Philly without Lamar... its so so so important for him to heal this up. He's not himself.

You realize that this team is just worse without Lamar whether he's at lesser form. Might as well concede to last place in the North.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

I think Lamar is going to play against the Eagles, but I will agree if he is more gimpy this week then the team is going to seriously consider resting him with the bye coming up.

It'll be interesting to see if he misses some more practices this week

I think he's been hurt going way back to the jet ski incident. Then the groin and now the knee. Even on some of his better runs he hasn't looked explosive and he's showing none of those twitchy moves he's capable of. I can't remember the guy's name but one of the Bengals players was quoted as saying how much slower Lamar looked.

As far as his passing and poor decisions recently, I'm sure they're affected by the injuries.

Also, am I the only one noticing how "down" Lamar seems in all of his press conferences compared to last year?

Something is clearly off.

Something to consider: would today's performance (team, not just Lamar) beat the Steelers or Browns? Our O needs to step up, whether that means Lamar, Roman, O line, whatever.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Something to consider: would today's performance (team, not just Lamar) beat the Steelers or Browns? Our O needs to step up, whether that means Lamar, Roman, O line, whatever.
    I think we figure things out, heal up and go crazy after the bye week

9. Re: Is Lamar injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I think we figure things out, heal up and go crazy after the bye week
    If not, that's when the flashing yellow light becomes a full-on klaxon. Until then, there's only need for mild concern. The 2019 Ravens O looked like ass in weeks 4-6 too (although I think a lot of that was due to Hollywood's absence).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Lamar isn’t 100%
    But I think the sub-Lamar level play is a result of missing practice more then the injury itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Oh fuck! I just remembered, the fucking Madden curse!

Madden curse! Oh no!
    I hope so!

Mahomes had a ridiculous MVP season, got the Madden cover. Following season - kneecap popped off, missed a few games, had a much worse season and won the SB.

I'll take a repeat of that scenario for Lamar and the Ravens...replace kneecap popping off with groin pull and knee issue.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lamar isn’t 100%
    But I think the sub-Lamar level play is a result of missing practice more then the injury itself.
    I think it's great that they haven't played anywhere close to a good or complete game on offense and they are 4-1.