Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Is Lamar injured?

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Yes, DRIVE LAMAR INTO THE GROUND!!!!!!

Must Win Every Regular Season Game At All Costs!!!!!

A crippled Lamar would certainly be the best of all possible options in the playoffs.

(That's all joking)

Don't we know by now that what matters is the playoffs?

Don't we generally understand that the Ravens are a top team that will make the playoffs?

Don't we understand that destroying key players on games that don't really matter all that much put the playoffs in jeopardy?

The Ravens with RGIII did beat the Steelers handily the last week of last season and that was an important game to the Steelers.

Maybe you don't rest Lamar on the last day of the season, maybe you rest him now. If Lamar rests the last day of the season, then a week off, maybe there is rust there?

The Ravens with RGIII should beat the Eagles handily. Fans might complain because the Ravens didn't crush the other team as much as they'd like. It also would be potentially helpful to have RGIII knock his rust off, in case he's actually needed. And maybe it might be a good idea to see what Trace McSorley can do? Get him reps, get him better. Lamar broke records and got the MVP last year, alongside a great regular season record. More records for Lamar this year should come after being in top shape, ready to win all the playoff games at the end of the regular season.

If RGIII is starting against the Eagles, I'm good with it. These games don't really matter.
    Every football coach in the NFL would tell you that you are wrong.

You do realize that the Ravens know a lot more about Lamar's health at this moment than you do? That they have a team of doctors that know exactly what his medical situation is...what he can and can't do and it's affect on his health weeks down the road? That Harbaugh has taken all of this into account before making a decision on his availability and the game plan?

You do realize that RGStiff beat a crippled Steelers team starting Duck Hodges (not Ben, who we will likely face 2x) and managed only 1 offensive TD?

You realize that we have two other teams in our division that look like tough outs for the division?

I really wonder about people sometimes.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Well, he'll just have to start a new thread about it!
    That's the only way anythings gonna get done around here!

3. Re: Is Lamar injured?

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    You close your step into the throw due to a groin or knee injury as longer strides put stress on those areas.

He's playing hurt. No doubt about it
    Terrelle Pryor 2018, Jets and Bills. He got a minor groin tear early in the season with the Jets. He started pretty good, got the tear, sat a bit, came back, did well, catching 1 TD in his last 2 games with the Jets. But the torn groin had gotten worse, and despite his good play in the last 2 games, the Jets cut him. He was out, without a team, with a hurt, partially torn groin, for 3 weeks, then the Bills got him. His groin was definitely not healed, he looked bad with the Bills, played 2 games there, and then he was cut, and by then it was a fully torn groin.

I'm telling that story because that's one way a groin injury can progress, and that's a bad result, not the kind of result that the Ravens want.

Can you play on a partially torn groin? Absolutely yes and you can put up some pretty great stats, too.

What happens when you play on a partially torn groin? Well, sometimes it becomes a fully torn groin.

Can you play on a fully torn groin? NO!

So, if Lamar has a partially torn groin, he can go out there and put up stats that look normal. But what might also be happening is his partially torn groin is getting worse, and he could end up with an outcome that means out for season. Ravens shouldn't want this.

The Ravens can beat all but the best teams with the run first offense with running QB like they did in 2018, but with RGIII.

There are a small handful of teams that would be, most likely, Lamar wins, RGIII losses. Titans, Patriots, Steelers x 2. And I think that RGIII could win some of those games. Did beat the Steelers last year.

I'd go pretty far to say that Lamar should sit against the Eagles, looking at the schedule.

Eagles - easy - then 5 games that are kinda tough. You want Lamar at 100% for those 5 tough games. It might be too late for that 100%, but playing Lamar against the Eagles is not going to help Lamar get healthy for the Steelers, Colts, Patriots, Titans and Steelers.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Im looking at some stuff and I can see the difference

His base was narrow, on handoffs , play actions and passes. Very Toesy, couple of heel clicks, and all throw power coming from the arm.

Im on board with sitting him against the Eagles.
    Like https://youtu.be/JQoZ2dH5Pxw
    Sitting him @eagles?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post

You do realize that the Ravens know a lot more about Lamar's health at this moment than you do? That they have a team of doctors that know exactly what his medical situation is...what he can and can't do and it's affect on his health weeks down the road? That Harbaugh has taken all of this into account before making a decision on his availability and the game plan?

You do realize that RGStiff beat a crippled Steelers team starting Duck Hodges (not Ben, who we will likely face 2x) and managed only 1 offensive TD?

You realize that we have two other teams in our division that look like tough outs for the division?

https://youtu.be/JQoZ2dH5Pxw

Blog Entries

Terrelle Pryor 2018, Jets and Bills. He got a minor groin tear early in the season with the Jets. He started pretty good, got the tear, sat a bit, came back, did well, catching 1 TD in his last 2 games with the Jets. But the torn groin had gotten worse, and despite his good play in the last 2 games, the Jets cut him. He was out, without a team, with a hurt, partially torn groin, for 3 weeks, then the Bills got him. His groin was definitely not healed, he looked bad with the Bills, played 2 games there, and then he was cut, and by then it was a fully torn groin.

I'm telling that story because that's one way a groin injury can progress, and that's a bad result, not the kind of result that the Ravens want.

Can you play on a partially torn groin? Absolutely yes and you can put up some pretty great stats, too.

What happens when you play on a partially torn groin? Well, sometimes it becomes a fully torn groin.

So, if Lamar has a partially torn groin, he can go out there and put up stats that look normal. But what might also be happening is his partially torn groin is getting worse, and he could end up with an outcome that means out for season. Ravens shouldn't want this.

The Ravens can beat all but the best teams with the run first offense with running QB like they did in 2018, but with RGIII.

There are a small handful of teams that would be, most likely, Lamar wins, RGIII losses. Titans, Patriots, Steelers x 2. And I think that RGIII could win some of those games. Did beat the Steelers last year.

I'd go pretty far to say that Lamar should sit against the Eagles, looking at the schedule.

Eagles - easy - then 5 games that are kinda tough. You want Lamar at 100% for those 5 tough games. It might be too late for that 100%, but playing Lamar against the Eagles is not going to help Lamar get healthy for the Steelers, Colts, Patriots, Titans and Steelers.
    There was a Dynamite speedster named Cody Listenbee who the Bills drafted who had a groin injury and he was cooked within a year. Crazy m

Blog Entries

https://youtu.be/TxINksuELmM

I haven't been able to get this song out of my head since someone posted it Friday

We know Lamar isn't 100% but that's not a reason to treat next week's eagles game lightly. Eagles put up a fight against the Steelers defense. Take nothing for granted. If he's practicing this week play him. If we can run the ball effectively then Lamar won't be asked to do a lot. Then let it him heal up a little during the bye week. Having the bye a week earlier really is a blessing.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    https://youtu.be/TxINksuELmM

I haven't been able to get this song out of my head since someone posted it Friday
    I guess not you’ve posted it 3 times now

10. Re: Is Lamar injured?

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post

I've been saying all along that the Ravens with Lamar would win almost always, and they have. The Ravens with RGIII will win not quite as much as that.

I'm not even sure what your point is.

You say "experts would say I'm wrong". But it's not clear exactly what it is that I'm wrong about.

I wasn't arguing against NFL Experts, other head coaches, Harbaugh or the medical staff. I was arguing against you. You made the argument that Lamar should play because a hurt Lamar is still better than RGIII.

Here's what you said.

"I'll take a 70% Lamar over a 100% Griffin any day of the week. Lamar isn't as quick and shifty as we know he can be, but he's moving well in the pocket and when given any time at all he's pretty accurate. He gives us a chance to win. Griffin is a stiff. Lamar is going to play provided he can walk."

You don't seem to understand that hurt players often get more hurt.

That was my argument with you.

I'm saying the Ravens go to the playoffs with Lamar or RGIII.

You can talk down that win from the end of last year, but it was a win over a team that needed that win to get to the playoffs, and it was a meaningless game for the Ravens and the Ravens won handily. 28-10.

I'm saying that RGIII, on a team that is good on offense and good on defense, in an offense built for a running QB can beat almost all the teams that Lamar can beat.

When it comes to the playoffs, you do want a 100% healthy Lamar, instead of a 70% Lamar, which is more likely if you have Lamar continue to play at 70%.

I'm not saying anything about NFL Coaches, Ravens staff, Harbaugh or medicals.

I'm saying that putting RGIII in, if it gets Lamar healthy, is the right move, because I'm saying the Ravens have a better chance of getting to the playoffs with RGIII than they do of winning the Super Bowl with a hurt Lamar or a healthy RGIII.

We saw what happened last year. The regular season was easy, and the Ravens crushed it. But then they lost their first playoff game for the second straight year.

What is important is NOT winning every game in the regular season, going 15-1, what is important is to be in the best position possible for the playoffs, and that means healthy players.

RGIII + Dobbins + Duvernay in motion / jet sweep. Do that a lot, and the Ravens will march down the field and score enough times to beat the Eagles, with the Ravens good defense.

The biggest blowout this week so far was the Ravens over the Bengals. 24 points. The Bengals got 3 on the Ravens, they got 30 on the Browns.

Also, you seem to think that the Ravens have decided already what they would do in the Eagles game. I wasn't talking about the Bengals game. I'm talking about what the Ravens should do in the Eagles game, which is in the future.

I'm making the case to rest Lamar, let him heal, against one of the easier opponents, the Eagles. The 5 games after that are tougher games, and, maybe, the week off with help Lamar some. The last 5 games are on balance easier. If Lamar isn't 100% after those 5 games, they might want to look at RGIII, maybe he takes the start until Lamar gets 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    He's not looking sharp on his throws, he should have been picked at least four times already but two were dropped.
    One of the things I love most about Lamar after years of Cardiac Joe is that he's absolutely elite when it comes to turnover worthy plays. This is two games in a row where he's had multiple INTs dropped. Definitely something wrong with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think they should rest him, because this offense just looks too different without him running the way that he does. The system is built around his legs. If his legs aren't right (They don't seem to be), this coaching staff isn't equipped to help him out. Nor do they have the talent to compensate for that deficiency. One TE and one WR isn't going to cut it.
    RG3 or McSorley?