Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast
  1. Re: Is Lamar injured?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylogan View Post
    Why is this a troll? I think after five games this year this post provoked reasonable thought.
    Oh, "Lamar fad" to describe the best start by a QB in NFL history over this number of games.

I want to know what the fewest starts to 25 wins currently is and see if Lamar gets that against the Steelers.

There are some adequate points being made otherwise. But all time great does not = fad. Fewest starts to 25 wins is now who and after the Steelers game is who?

There has to be some way to win an argument, and fastest to X number of wins pretty much says best. There are other ways to measure, but this seems like one legit way to measure, and Lamar is at the top (I think, the data is hard to find).

2. Re: Is Lamar injured?

Quote Originally Posted by gellinho View Post
    Worse OLine results in a worse running game. Couple that with a bad WR Corps. If Lamar keeps winning they totally break the bank on him. And rightfully so
    They could break the bank on him. Definitely plausible. MVP and all. They also could get another running QB, like maybe King of Miami, and see if he wins if he runs 26 times a game.

Running great is easy when you're really fast. It's impossible when you're slow. Passing is hard, some are better at it than others. You can identify college QBs who are great runners and decent enough passers and they're not particularly rare. How would Jalen Hurts have done in the Ravens context?

Do you want to build the ultimate run first offense with running QBs and replace the running QBs before they cost $40 Million a year? Or do you pay Lamar $40 Million and drift over to a more generic offense?

Blog Entries

Re: Is Lamar injured?

Ravens have tied an NFL record by scoring in every quarter this year...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ravens have tied an NFL record by scoring in every quarter this year...
    And have the most points scored right now in the NFL.

For all the gripes about the offense, we are still scoring a lot. We just got so spoiled last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

For all the gripes about the offense, we are still scoring a lot. We just got so spoiled last year.
    We're also hugely spoiled by our defense who forces turnovers every single game. This season, our offense has only four TD drives of 70+ yards. Compare that to the Titans who have 12 TD drives of 70+ yards and that's with them having played one less game than us. If you look at yards, our offense is way down from last year, and that's with us having completed the easy part of our schedule. Our point totals are getting boosted to look good, but the offense isn't doing anything special this season. Over the next five games, we'll see what our offense is really made of.

What I am seeing - Lamar is not setting his feet on a lot of throws and he is throwing sidearm - even when the situation doesn't warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    What I am seeing - Lamar is not setting his feet on a lot of throws and he is throwing sidearm - even when the situation doesn't warrant it.
    Agreed. Though, I think the leg injury could be the cause of the regression in mechanics. Injuries causing mechanical issues is something you see all the time across ALL sports. The fact he doesn't seem to have the same burst when running as he did last year, just gives more credence to the idea that his camp injury has lingered.

Everything’s... fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

True, but we should also acknowledge the role the defense has been playing in the scoring and field position as well.

Not too many players have an MVP season then follow it up with similar or better seasons. I expected Lamar to be worse this season, and the offense to be worse without Yanda and no real key additions outside of rookies and journeymen. Yet they are still scoring 30 points per game and many are viewing that as failure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    True, but we should also acknowledge the role the defense has been playing in the scoring and field position as well.
    For sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylogan View Post
    Why is this a troll? I think after five games this year this post provoked reasonable thought.
    LOL. You need to spend a little more time on this forum
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer