Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: ACB Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The Heavy article doesn't go into her allegations and the two idiotic Federalist pieces don't say anything relevant. They're just flailing around trying to "debunk" her without ever addressing anything she said in her Congressional testimony or what she'd said previously- going back at least '12- about being sexually assaulted in high school. In '12, she told her therapist but didn't mention Kavanaugh's name or profession:

Four other people signed affadavits saying she'd told them about being assaulted in high school, usually not telling them a name but stating the man (then a boy) was a federal judge.

Kavanaugh testified he never went to parties like that, but an entry in his calendar notes discusses "skis" at "Timmy's" with Judge, PJ, etc. The Republican lawyer brought that up during Kavanaugh's testimony. The GOP quick using her after that session.

Mark Judge's book also corroborates her story to some extent, at least with respect to the time frame. It was decades ago, so expecting her to have exact dates and times is ridiculous.

None of which she's correct that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her. She could be wrong in a number of different ways. If Kavanaugh had jumped her as a joke, it's perfectly reasonable that he wouldn't remember it while she might, especially if she felt sexually assaulted. While today's environment often seems to try to dispense with it, sexual assault is a mens rea crime: the intent to assault has to be there. Grabbing a girl and throwing her on a bed as a joke isn't sexual assault.

It could also have been someone else. By her own account she wasn't that familiar with Kavanaugh's clique. Other than Judge, whom she did seem to know (see the above link about Judge partially corroborating her), it could have been any boy there and her mind has since confabulated Kavanaugh as being that boy because she doesn't really remember. That's not uncommon in sexual assault cases or just about any traumatic experience. Human memory isn't at all like Memorex. It's constantly changing.
    Each claim can be verified by things other than the federalist, just no one else has done a compendium of things she fucked up, which is not surprising considering media slant, which The federalist is I agree. It just made it more expedient to vote than the 6 other articles I had which I have no problem digging back up if you’re indeed interested.

That said my point still stands in that she has not came out about it until recently, after there was something to gain in doing so by virtue of his position.

So she has friends who said it happened, with no names and there federal judges from that class as I remember reading.

What is more damning is the people SHE HERSELF called to defend her actually contradicted her story.

And I’m not bashing her for not remember the day or month. That said she can’t give you a season, at first she couldn’t give you a 5 year span. All she remembered was things that reflected her in a positive light and nothing that may have undermined her story.

Then there is her game seeking which can be found in every major newspaper in the country if you don’t like the ones I provided.

She is full of shit and knows it imo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Each claim can be verified by things other than the federalist, just no one else has done a compendium of things she fucked up, which is not surprising considering media slant, which The federalist is I agree. It just made it more expedient to vote than the 6 other articles I had which I have no problem digging back up if you’re indeed interested.

That said my point still stands in that she has not came out about it until recently, after there was something to gain in doing so by virtue of his position.

So she has friends who said it happened, with no names and there federal judges from that class as I remember reading.

What is more damning is the people SHE HERSELF called to defend her actually contradicted her story.

And I’m not bashing her for not remember the day or month. That said she can’t give you a season, at first she couldn’t give you a 5 year span. All she remembered was things that reflected her in a positive light and nothing that may have undermined her story.

Then there is her game seeking which can be found in every major newspaper in the country if you don’t like the ones I provided.

She is full of shit and knows it imo.
    Baccys knows she is full of shit too.

That's how evil he and his fellow travelers are.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Baccys knows she is full of shit too.

That's how evil he and his fellow travelers are.
    I’m going to be straight with you man, and it won’t make me anyone’s favorite member, to which I can’t say I give a shit, but from the reading in here I have done there has been plenty of petulant shit slinging between you, Ow, him, Bandc, Vlad, and a few others. None of you get to claim innocence or the high ground in my opinion.

I will speak to both of you with the respect a fellow American deserves but I don’t want you, him or any of the rest I named thinking I agree with the shit most of any of you say.

Barret will be a good justice. One thing you see is the "conservative" justices occasionally breaking ranks and voting with the lefties. You rarely if ever see that go the other way.

She'll be a fine judge.

Blog Entries

I’m going to be straight with you man, and it won’t make me anyone’s favorite member, to which I can’t say I give a shit, but from the reading in here I have done there has been plenty of petulant shit slinging between you, Ow, him, Bandc, Vlad, and a few others. None of you get to claim innocence or the high ground in my opinion.

I will speak to both of you with the respect a fellow American deserves but I don’t want you, him or any of the rest I named thinking I agree with the shit most of any of you say.
    I'm not claiming innocence. I sling shit with shit slingers. I have no problems with it. I like it dirty.

You can disagree with me all you like. Of course, that requires you to reject reality so at the point we'll probably clash.

The fact is, you DO AGREE with me.

Blasey-Ford is full of shit.

The people promoting her story know she is full of shit.

They do it anyway because they are fucking evil.

Blog Entries

She hasn't changed anything. The basic story has been the same since 2012. The strained "debunking" by The Federalist misstates facts and attack strawmen. Ford never claimed it happened on a weekend. That was Kavanaugh's statement, "if it happened on a weekend." Here's the transcript.

She tried to not come out. I don't know what she planned sending a letter to Feinstein, but she originally tried to stay anonymous. I think you're overstating your case and ignoring it was 36 years. You're also ignoring what I said about her being mistaken.

I'm not claiming innocence. I sling shit with shit slingers. I have no problems with it. I like it dirty.

You can disagree with me all you like. Of course, that requires you to reject reality so at the point we'll probably clash.

The fact is, you DO AGREE with me.

Blasey-Ford is full of shit.

The people promoting her story know she is full of shit.

They do it anyway because they are fucking evil.
    I agree with you on this, there’s other places where I don’t agree. And just because we disagree on things does not mean I am detached from reality, but if it helps go for it.

If you think that then disagreeing is what constitutes evil, then we are miles apart there.

Blog Entries

I agree with you on this, there’s other places where I don’t agree. And just because we disagree on things does not mean I am detached from reality, but if it helps go for it.

If you think that’s what constitutes evil, then we are miles apart there.
    You think charging a man as a serial gang-rapist, when you know it isn't true, simply for political expediency, isn't evil?

Yeah, maybe we are far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    She hasn't changed anything. The basic story has been the same since 2012. The strained "debunking" by The Federalist misstates facts and attack strawmen. Ford never claimed it happened on a weekend. That was Kavanaugh's statement, "if it happened on a weekend." Here's the transcript.

She tried to not come out. I don't know what she planned sending a letter to Feinstein, but she originally tried to stay anonymous. I think you're overstating your case and ignoring it was 36 years. You're also ignoring what I said about her being mistaken.
    She didn’t try to stay anonymous. She went to the two largest nationally syndicated newspapers.

I don’t think I’m overstating, I think you are stuck in the camp of I don’t want to take a “right-wing” stance which is bullshit, so I’ll get close.

I’m not ignoring her being mistaken, I don’t think she is, I just think she is a liar.

You think charging a man as a serial gang-rapist, when you know it isn't true, simply for political expediency, isn't evil?

Yeah, maybe we are far apart.
    No, I think he is saying what the left says because he finds it more comforting, just like when you go with what you believe most comforting. This time you’re right in my opinion. Opinion.

NONE OF US were there. None of us know what 100% happened. All I’m saying is given the CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence, I believe her to be a liar. So do you. He doesn’t. Neither of you are evil.

And if we’re far apart, I can still sleep at night.