Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Re: Real team needs, Orlando at LT and the future of the young O'line

Simple in my opinion. Keep stanley. He’s on a hall of fame arc. I try to extend Bozeman. He’s a good football player that plays above replacement level. Also, in my plans, in the future if he’s beat out he would make excellent depth or still be starting at center or gaurd. I like Phillips. See how he does this year but maybe right tackle in future. I want one premium pick, 1-3, on a interior lineman. And preferably a swing tackle prospect in 4-5.

I am not enamored with all the guards we’ve drafted lately with short arms. I want an physical specimen for center or gaurd.

Re: Real team needs, Orlando at LT and the future of the young O'line

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenspaintball271 View Post
    Simple in my opinion. Keep stanley. He’s on a hall of fame arc. I try to extend Bozeman. He’s a good football player that plays above replacement level. Also, in my plans, in the future if he’s beat out he would make excellent depth or still be starting at center or gaurd. I like Phillips. See how he does this year but maybe right tackle in future. I want one premium pick, 1-3, on a interior lineman. And preferably a swing tackle prospect in 4-5.

I am not enamored with all the guards we’ve drafted lately with short arms. I want an physical specimen for center or gaurd.
    Phillips is a r 1-3 pick with very long arms. Just sayin you might already have your man. And he’s def a guard.

Isn't it great to be able to discuss trading away one of the greatest LT currently active?We can rationally consider Zeus Jr at LT, Phillips at RT, with Fluker at swing. Inside we have a battalion of solid candidates: Skura, Mekari, Bozeman, Bredeson, Powers. I'll trust EDC and the coaches.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Phillips is a r 1-3 pick with very long arms. Just sayin you might already have your man. And he’s def a guard.
    Heres my thing and it's been my thing since we drafted him..

Phillips is a good 20 pounds or so heavier than Yanda and we draft him, convert him to guard, and to do... what exactly? What do we expect from such an unathletic guard in this style of offense? Why not throw someone in there that has a chance at getting to the second level? Phillips is slow and does not have the quick feet we need to get downfield and it's even in his combine notes from the scouts. He needs to lose weight.

Orlando Brown Jr had one of the worst combines in history and he fell from a 1st round prospect to a 3rd round draft pick. He also possesses some of the same traits that Tyre Phillips has on his scouting report. Point being it's way too early to throw shade at Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Orlando Brown Jr had one of the worst combines in history and he fell from a 1st round prospect to a 3rd round draft pick. He also possesses some of the same traits that Tyre Phillips has on his scouting report. Point being it's way too early to throw shade at Phillips.
    OBJ Jr is far closer to the exception than the rule and so was Osemele. We also knew with Osemele that we were getting a guy that's unusually quick for his size.

Then,

You've got Solomon Kindley out there around the same weight as Phillips and he's beasting so far. That's who I would have absolutely loved in the third.

Tyre needs to lose weight. I think we outsmarted ourselves with the pick and if our running backs finally get it going later today with someone else at guard? Proofs in the pudding at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The tag is absolutely an option but it's also leverage the Ravens have to get a deal they're comfortable with. ...You make Stanley an offer somewhere between Lewan and Tunsil with a larger percentage guaranteed. Stanley gets his long term deal and doesn't have to deal with a year on the cap well below market value. The Ravens get something they are comfortable with going forward knowing they want to build around their star QB. Everyone wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Yes, this is precisely my argument.

Stanley not agreeing to a long term deal helps them in the short term because he'll be playing for less money (ie., $15MM vs the $18M the probably are offering) and he gives them time to grow a replacement.

If he does agree to [split the diffference and sign] a LTD the team benefits by having a very good OT locked up for a long period of time and they can move on to filling other spots. This is indeed the everyone wins scenario.
    Sounds like this is exactly what happened. If they were offering $18M/per and he was asking for $22M/per they pretty much split the difference. Stanley can say his guaranteed money is $11 more the the entire Tunsil contract of $66M (and 50% more guaranteed money). And the Ravens can say they have their tackle wrapped up through '25, while Tunsil's deal is over in '22.