Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: WTF Post-game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I find it surprising that Gus doesn't have a single target in the passing game. Is he that bad as a receiver out of the backfield?
    7 catches on 7 targets last year, and 2 of 2 the year before. He's not super dynamic with them, only gaining about 6-1/2 yds per. Maybe that's the problem, he doesn't get up a head of steam when he stops to catch the ball, the way he does hitting the line of scrimmage. But he's not a detriment. Patrick Ricard and Justice Hill got a lot more targets than Gus did last year, and were less efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    They dominated a terrible team.
    They're not terrible. The Jets are terrible. The Giants are terrible. The WTFs are below mediocre, but they have a solid defense and some offensive weapons. They are also very well-coached. (I'm a big Rivera fan.) They will win 5-7 games this year, which in the NFCE, makes them division contenders.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Workmanlike. It was a steady, professional win-taking in a shitty stadium against a team that nobody could get "up" for.

Items of note:

— Ronnie Stanley missed the game. They rotated Zeus Deuce over to LT, and started Fluker at RT. They both had ok games. ZD had an early miscue, I forget what, but steadied down and you never heard anything about them again.

— Lamar scored ran for a 50-yd TD on a zone read. He made it look easy, of course. The surprising thing was when they said it was his longest career run! I coulda sworn he'd gone 50+ yds before.

— Washington closed to 14-7 on the one drive where they looked competent. On the ensuing possession, we got to 4th-&-9 with 3 mins go go in Q2, and Harbs called for a fake punt. Koch delivered a beautiful ball to Boykin for 15 yds and the 1st down. We scored 3 plays later, just after the 2min warning.

— Lamar's connection with Mandrews is on-point, to the tune of two beautiful TDs. Andrews leads the whole NFL in receiving TDs dating back to the beginning of last season.

— Lamar's connection with Boykin is on tilt, to the tune of his first INT of the season. Sideline route. It was odd; the corner didn't undercut it as usual, but instead came down the sideline and beat Boykin to the spot outside. Either Lamar threw it too far outside, or Boykin softly rounded his route and let the corner jump it.

— RG3 got in for a couple drives. Promptly threw an INT that eventually led to the second Washington TD, but he stayed in. The OL got shuffled for that drive, with Ben Powers and Bredeson getting some snaps.
    It's a good analysis. They paid the bills.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    They're not terrible. The Jets are terrible. The Giants are terrible. The WTFs are below mediocre, but they have a solid defense and some offensive weapons. They are also very well-coached. (I'm a big Rivera fan.) They will win 5-7 games this year, which in the NFCE, makes them division contenders.
    Eh, I think they are closer to 5 wins than 7, and a 5 win team is terrible, IMO. They have a nice front 7, but that's it, and their QB play is really bad. All in all, they are a very poor team this year. I guess we will see how they finish things out though!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

— RG3 got in for a couple drives. Promptly threw an INT that eventually led to the second Washington TD, but he stayed in. The OL got shuffled for that drive, with Ben Powers and Bredeson getting some snaps.
    That interception was Hollywoods fault, he stopped gunning and jumped, he could have ran under it and caught it. The CB was was behind beaten and ended up ahead of him to intercept it because he didnt stop running.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Why do we always open against Cincy
    Whoa

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I didn’t realize how good these throws were. Damn

https://twitter.com/brandonthornnfl/...521985540?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

No doubt, some high level stuff right there:
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...42#post1952542
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Wow that is accurate for real

Maybe five QBs could have made those plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Wow that is accurate for real
    A lot more accurate than he was against the Chiefs.

Just has to play relaxed. I think his biggest problem really is that he releases too early sometimes, particularly deep outside throws. That's why it looks like he overthrows people.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Just has to play relaxed. I think his biggest problem really is that he releases too early sometimes, particularly deep outside throws. That's why it looks like he overthrows people.
    Agree. Lamar hurries sometimes. Plays too fast. Saw it in the Titans game. Maybe also the KC game.