Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: COVID-19 tracker

They just need to put them in hotels. Bus to and from the facility. Bus to and from the stadium. Bus to and from the airport. Players may not like it but it's better than the cancellation and forfeiture of game checks entirely which if they DON'T make changes seems inevitable at this point. The NFL has already said they would do this so it's time for the players to buy into it. NBA players are doing it, NHL players did it. Lock it down for a month and then start allowing tested family for visits.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

They need two more bye weeks each team and use them to covid shuffle. They need 3 bye weeks as it is (early mid and late). This also gets two additional weeks of prime time games for the league to make even more money on.

They have a positive tests rate which allow them to play and I think it's like 1.8% which is really low (baseball was like 4%).

They won't play Tuesday the Chiefs would play 3 games in 10 days if that's the plan. Plus Chiefs PS QB positive test means both teams will have additional positive tests soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    They just need to put them in hotels. Bus to and from the facility. Bus to and from the stadium. Bus to and from the airport. Players may not like it but it's better than the cancellation and forfeiture of game checks entirely which if they DON'T make changes seems inevitable at this point. The NFL has already said they would do this so it's time for the players to buy into it. NBA players are doing it, NHL players did it. Lock it down for a month and then start allowing tested family for visits.
    Here here

Yeah I think it’s the only way regardless how the players feel about it. There are worse things than living in a luxury hotel that will have almost everything for a few months. Tough around the holidays for sure but they could figure something out with a visitation system.

5. Re: COVID-19 tracker

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Before the season started I said that the season will be shutdown after the 3rd game. Well I was wrong, but it sure is starting to look more problematic as to whether it will be a full 16 game season!

Anyone want to disagree with me?
    I don't know who exactly it is who can predict what the NFL will do when players get covid.

Some of us might have predicted that the NFL would follow the rules that they recently implemented. But if the NFL just makes the rules up as they go along, how can you predict?

6. Re: COVID-19 tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    two thoughts:

1. Install a second bye NOW - push the entire season a week and add a bye around Thanksgiving. That could be used as a spot for moving some games.
    2. Implement a 'play the game anyway' strategy. If a player tests positive he must quarantine but the rest of the team plays. If it's your QB, that's tough but so is an injury. Not ideal but if they postpone every game they'll never finish the season. This is why they have expanded roster/PS rules this year.

Some approach like that is the only way I see them finishing out the season.
    I'll go with 2) play the game anyway.

I also like 3) forfeit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    two thoughts:

1. Install a second bye NOW - push the entire season a week and add a bye around Thanksgiving. That could be used as a spot for moving some games.
    2. Implement a 'play the game anyway' strategy. If a player tests positive he must quarantine but the rest of the team plays. If it's your QB, that's tough but so is an injury. Not ideal but if they postpone every game they'll never finish the season. This is why they have expanded roster/PS rules this year.

Some approach like that is the only way I see them finishing out the season.
    If you know that player who tested positive was unable to infect anyone else then that's exactly what they'd do. The Titans though are the perfect example of how it could take time to figure that out. The first day of results it's 4 positive cases. Now it's 19 a couple of days later. If they didn't quarantine it could be 50 or more. That's the problem with damn thing. It's tough to pin down unless you are looking at things over a period of time.

You going to make sure they get warm milk before nap time too? Haha wtf

Blog Entries

These college teams are doing it. There is a game tonight and team announced 12 players will not play

Arkansas St beat Kansas St with 20 of their players in quarantine

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

KC if they play NE Tuesday with no changes they will play 3 games in a ten day span. That's rough. Think about what if they said the Ravens needed to play three times in 10 days, would you be saying that it's too much for the players bodies?

NE Tuesday
    Raiders Sunday (5 days)
    At Bills Thursday (4 days)

I don't think they are going to play Tuesday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    KC if they play NE Tuesday with no changes they will play 3 games in a ten day span. That's rough. Think about what if they said the Ravens needed to play three times in 10 days, would you be saying that it's too much for the players bodies?

NE Tuesday
    Raiders Sunday (5 days)
    At Bills Thursday (4 days)

I don't think they are going to play Tuesday.
    At this point I would be shocked if they got a full season in.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Must resist sarcasm here
    Completely missed first page

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!