Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: FOOTBALL ONLY COVID-19 tracker

Teams positive results to date
    24 Titans (players & staff )
    4 Falcons 1 PS player + 2 + 1(10/17)
    3 KC Chiefs 1 FB, 1 PS player (QB) & 1 S&C coach
    7 Patriots players (QB Cam Newton, Gillmore, Bill Murray)+defensive lineman +C James Ferris +RB Sony Michel, G Shaq Mason and DE Derek Rivers
    7 Raiders 1 Maurice Hurst +Trent Brown +all five starting offensive linemen (for close contact w Trent, 10/21)
    1 Bears PS player
    1 Falcons DT player
    1 Eagles player G/T Matt Pryor (10/16)
    2 Panthers reserve lineman Tyler Larsen (10/16) +unconfirmed positive (10/19) +K Joey Slye and OL Trent Scott (close contact 10/21)
    13 Jaguars 12 PS players + DE Josh Murrow (10/16) Ryquell Armstead hospitalized twice for COVID-19 complications will miss the season (10/25)
    1 Broncos assistant coach (10/17)
    1 Ravens player (Brandon Williams - close contact) (10/17)

False positives
    Saints had false positive
    1 Jets false positive
    4 Colts (false positives Friday Oct 16)

Teams forced to shut down
    Titans 2 weeks 3&4
    Patriots week 5 Patriots Friday Oct 16 (precaution)
    Falcons week 6 reopened after "tests clear" (whatever that means)
    Jets (precaution week 5)
    Vikings (intensive protocol due Titans week 4)
    Panthers (intensive protocol due to Falcons week 5)and again Monday after week 6 game
    Colts (October 16 worked out to be precautionary)

Teams fines
    Seahawks - Carroll ($100K + team $250K)
    Raiders 3x - Gruden ($100K + team $250K) & ($50K person in locker room) & Waller ($30K + several team mates $15K ea. )
    Broncos - Fangio ($100K + team $250K)
    49'ers - Shanahan ($100K + team $250K)
    Saints - Payton ($100K + team $250K)
    Titans - got off with harsh language talking to plus $300K
    WFT - Dwayne Haskins - fine for violating protocol

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

If anyone sees anything I miss or finds any flaws, please post them.

Of all the players in the NFL, poor Ryquell Armstead appears to have drawn the short straw.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jagua...navirus-report

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    "Family friend" = poontang
    Yep! Damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Of all the players in the NFL, poor Ryquell Armstead appears to have drawn the short straw.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jagua...navirus-report
    Terrible news. Hope he recovers

6. Re: FOOTBALL ONLY COVID-19 tracker

In another thread, someone intimated Cam Newton's poor play may be attributable to lingering COVID-19 "long haul" symptoms. Cam was actually asked about whether he still experiences "brain fog" by a reporter and immediately denied it. His poor play is due to him...playing poorly.

Anyway, it was an interesting, COVID-19-related exchange I figured was relevant to this thread.

7. Re: FOOTBALL ONLY COVID-19 tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    In another thread, someone intimated Cam Newton's poor play may be attributable to lingering COVID-19 "long haul" symptoms. Cam was actually asked about whether he still experiences "brain fog" by a reporter and immediately denied it. His poor play is due to him...playing poorly.

Anyway, it was an interesting, COVID-19-related exchange I figured was relevant to this thread.
    I'm certainly curious how much missing 2 weeks of practice affected him (or was it more?). I expect that's probably the biggest lingering effect of COVID for him. At the same time, there's some internet speculation that his foot is still an issue (he hasn't really thrown to the right side in the last 2 games).

Week 7: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...84/2020/7/pass
    Week 6: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...84/2020/6/pass

Quote Originally Posted by Mina Kimes
    Same area he struggled throwing to in 2019 (coming off the foot injury), if I recall correctly
    https://twitter.com/minakimes/status...82251818545157
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    ·
    2m
    While the team is now proceeding cautiously, the timing is fortunate as it relates to football. Bye week, so no game this week. But plenty of non-players are in the building, so the facility is closing.
    Quote Tweet
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    · 4m
    The #Texans will be closing their facility due to a player testing positive for COVID-19, source said. They are on a bye week now. They are testing all other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post

that was me wondering that out loud. someone else pointed out that he was reportedly asymptomatic, to which i responded that The New England Patriots reported he was asymptomatic. in any case, i'm no doctor, but there are at least some doctors out there stating that even some asymptomatic patients do have symptoms ("There is some indication that many asymptomatic people actually suffer occult [hidden] disease, which affects their actual physical abilities during the infection and for some time thereafter" source).

it's more just a general concern i have with lingering symptoms that i don't really think has been discussed nearly as much as players getting the virus and getting better. the majority will probably be fine, but as cases ramp up around the country, just based on the numbers it seems like some players will recover but have lingering symptoms. and even if their drop-off isn't as pronounced as Cam's, that's still frightening in a contact sport. if your starting center fielder comes back from Covid a step slow then you give up a couple more runs. if your starting left tackle comes back a step slower you could lose your franchise QB for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    that was me wondering that out loud. someone else pointed out that he was reportedly asymptomatic, to which i responded that The New England Patriots reported he was asymptomatic. in any case, i'm no doctor, but there are at least some doctors out there stating that even some asymptomatic patients do have symptoms ("There is some indication that many asymptomatic people actually suffer occult [hidden] disease, which affects their actual physical abilities during the infection and for some time thereafter" source).

it's more just a general concern i have with lingering symptoms that i don't really think has been discussed nearly as much as players getting the virus and getting better. the majority will probably be fine, but as cases ramp up around the country, just based on the numbers it seems like some players will recover but have lingering symptoms. and even if their drop-off isn't as pronounced as Cam's, that's still frightening in a contact sport. if your starting center fielder comes back from Covid a step slow then you give up a couple more runs. if your starting left tackle comes back a step slower you could lose your franchise QB for the season.
    It's def scary. I've tried to avoid reading about the covid "long haulers" but they're out there and we're still learning about the lingering effects

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    ·
    12m
    A situation to keep an eye on in Denver...
    Quote Tweet
    Brandon Krisztal
    @BKDenverSports
    · 18m
    Broncos have begun practice for Chargers, but OLine Coach Mike Munchak is not on the field.
    Per source, Munchak is absent due to Covid-19 Protocols.
    #BroncosCountry
    @KOAColorado

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    ·
    35s
    The #Giants had a player test positive for COVID-19 and close contacts have been sent home. "Quest Diagnostics Training Center will remain open, and the rest of the team will follow their normal practice and meeting schedule."