Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Stanley the new CJ Mosley?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    As of right now, this is Stanleys final season and we just got done shoveling some serious bacon into Marlons mouth and for good reason. He is reliable, smart, and a professional that stays healthy

Let's take a stroll down memory lane

It's 2018. Everyone and their mother is waiting for Mosley to break the bank. BW had just gotten his extension the year prior.

Culex: Pretty sure we're letting CJ walk, as we should.

Everyone: Crazy ol culex again

2018 comes and goes, Mosley never gets his deal. A guy who often got exposed in coverage during crunch time in big games.

2019, Mosley plays two games after getting paid by the Jets and misses the rest of the season.

2020, Mosley opts out due to covid

Winners - Ravens
    Losers - Jests (to no surprise)

This looks all too similar to me and unless Stanley can really turn some heads this time in the postseason, he's about to walk the same plank as Mosley. Left Tackle or not. You either perform in big games and get paid or you don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ronnie-...-the-year-2019

Sit back, Culex and prop up your feet. Because he will be resetting the market for LT’s this offseason and 95% chance it’s coming from the Ravens.
    I don't think he resets it. I think he will either be franchised or extended for under $20M per season. We can franchise him twice for under $20M per season.

Chances are about zero that the Ravens let Stanley out of the building.

His film has been great as usual. He's what you hope to get out of a top 6 pick in any year and plays a premium position. I'm hoping they get a deal done this season because the closer he gets to free agency the more expensive he'll be, even with the Covid cap implications.

Unfortunately I think Brown will walk when it his time because it will be alot of money tied up in Stanley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I don't think he resets it. I think he will either be franchised or extended for under $20M per season. We can franchise him twice for under $20M per season.
    I agree with this. That gives you 2 drafts to find potential replacement cheaper tackles. If you find one, you trade Stanley. If you don't, you pay Stanley.

I think that's Stanley's option. Take a good (a little under $20mill per year deal) or bet on yourself and take the franchise tag probably twice and pray you don't get injured and lose the bigger contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Huddle It Up Films View Post
    Chances are about zero that the Ravens let Stanley out of the building.

His film has been great as usual. He's what you hope to get out of a top 6 pick in any year and plays a premium position. I'm hoping they get a deal done this season because the closer he gets to free agency the more expensive he'll be, even with the Covid cap implications.
    Upside is that the COVID flat cap might help us at least not have to exceed Tunsils deal.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The two halves of this sentence contradict speech other.
    I think he meant it's easy to play tackle under Lamar.

Unfortunately not true this year. Lamar has looked frantic through the last 2 games, which is likely a cause of the poor pass pro in the first game. Fun little game of chicken adn egg.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think he meant it's easy to play tackle under Lamar.

Unfortunately not true this year. Lamar has looked frantic through the last 2 games, which is likely a cause of the poor pass pro in the first game. Fun little game of chicken adn egg.
    Seems like more pressure up the middle to me.

With a solid middle, edge rushers have a choice: a) take a wide rush and leave a huge lane for Lamar to escape the pocket, or b) try to bull rush and close the pocket while maintaining gap control, which gives Stanley/Brown a huge advantage.

But when there is pressure up the middle, suddenly Lamar doesn't have that easy escape, and those are the plays where he looks more frantic.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Not a big fan of grading, but Ken's grades came out for the OL.

Stanley: Ronnie had his best game of the season. He and Bozeman failed to negotiate a stunt handoff of Jones which resulted in a strip sack (Q2, 0:52). That was his only negative event. He missed 3 blocks, 2 of which were losses at the LoS. I reduced his adjustment for failing to block Hitchens (Q3, 12:56) on a screen left to Ingram which went incomplete as Hitchens arrived just after the football. Ronnie had his head turned to Ingram and was the only one who could have allowed Mark to make the catch without being blown up. He made 1 block in level 2 and connected on 2 of 2 pulling assignments. His highlight was an outstanding seal of Taco Charlton on the left edge of Jackson’s 11-yard, play-action run left (Q3, 8:55) That’s as good a seal block as you’ll ever see against a big man, particularly given how he maintained and pivoted in space to the echo of the whistle.

Scoring: 52 plays, 48 blocks, 3 missed, 1/2 sack, 45 points (.87 per play). That’s an A with adjustment.

Pretty horrid.
    - Ray Lewis

Stanley is a must keep. Marlon was my favorite player, but emotions aside Stanley is and always has been the most necessary extension. Jackson is too important to throw away his LT. I’m fine if you let Judon, Brown Jr., even Andrews walk if you have to, but Stanley is a must keep.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Not a big fan of grading, but Ken's grades came out for the OL.

Stanley: Ronnie had his best game of the season. He and Bozeman failed to negotiate a stunt handoff of Jones which resulted in a strip sack (Q2, 0:52). That was his only negative event. He missed 3 blocks, 2 of which were losses at the LoS. I reduced his adjustment for failing to block Hitchens (Q3, 12:56) on a screen left to Ingram which went incomplete as Hitchens arrived just after the football. Ronnie had his head turned to Ingram and was the only one who could have allowed Mark to make the catch without being blown up. He made 1 block in level 2 and connected on 2 of 2 pulling assignments. His highlight was an outstanding seal of Taco Charlton on the left edge of Jackson’s 11-yard, play-action run left (Q3, 8:55) That’s as good a seal block as you’ll ever see against a big man, particularly given how he maintained and pivoted in space to the echo of the whistle.

Scoring: 52 plays, 48 blocks, 3 missed, 1/2 sack, 45 points (.87 per play). That’s an A with adjustment.

Pretty horrid.
    I initially did blame him for the strip. I'll eat my crow with sriracha

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Stanley is a must keep. Marlon was my favorite player, but emotions aside Stanley is and always has been the most necessary extension. Jackson is too important to throw away his LT. I’m fine if you let Judon, Brown Jr., even Andrews walk if you have to, but Stanley is a must keep.
    This, hate to lose Andrews but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk