Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Marlon Humphrey Extension

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I appreciate this. "Not trying to address the front seven". BS.

BTW Williams has done precisely what he was drafted for, for the most part (stuff the run, anchor the DL). And Harrison/Queen/Madubuike are all rookies. And Bowser had a slow start but looks like a good SAM linebacker.

The misses were Arthur Brown and Carl Davis and Kamalei Correa and Bronson Kaufusi and Tim Williams and Chris Wormley... all picks within the top 3 rounds within that time span.
    Williams looks like a new man.

Maybe it’s just me but I’m really having a lot of trouble thinking of good pass rushers drafted recently that didn’t go high 1st. Seems like a position where if you want it better go up and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I'm wondering if he's actually some sort of Troll!
    The Russians are coming for our sports now too.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    the results speak for themselves...Derrick Henry/Nick Chubb/Edwards-Solitaire run all over us...MahomeBoy runs/passes all over us... other fronts have slowed them all down...

Queenie was best available late (jury still out)... Judon was franchised so as to not piss anybody deserving off (he stinks...nobody wants him anyway)... and Campbell is a wide bod but old. He seemed surprised the Ravens were interested, in my opinion. I don't dispute ECD cares about the defensive front, but they are trying to do it on the cheap. They don't have Belichick's defensive eye to do that... and you certainly can't do it with small college pedigree across the board.

Clowney would have been a legit SB contender add (should have let Judon walk)... but, obviously, they are heavily invested in the d-bax... we cannot win the Super Bowl this way.
    Campbell, Judon and Williams have a combined $36 million cap number. That's not cheap. And if Brockers had passed his physical, that number would be $5-7 million more.

They just have missed on the draft picks.

And depending on Humprey's extension cap number for this year, the DB's cap number likely is in the same range.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post

Maybe it’s just me but I’m really having a lot of trouble thinking of good pass rushers drafted recently that didn’t go high 1st. Seems like a position where if you want it better go up and get it.
    Going thru the league leaders in sacks in 2019. #1 Shaq Barrett was an undrafted free agent. #4 Danielle Hunter was a 3rd rounder. #6 Za'darius Smith as we know was a 4th rounder. Preston Smith was a 2nd Rounder. Justin Houston was a 3rd Rounder. Maxx Crosby (Vegas Raiders) was 4th rounder who got 10 sacks as a rookie

So obviously the exception but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    He didn’t play well against the chargers or the titans IMO
    Agreed

Yea. BW has stepped it up and actually played well against KC

Since 2013 I've got

R2 - Frank Clark, Jamie Collins, Harold Landry, DeMarcus Lawrence, Trent Murphy
    R3 - Danielle Hunter, Yannick Ngakoue
    R4 - Maxx Crosby, Za'Darius Smith
    R5 - Matt Judon

nobody from Rds 6-7.

That said, the three positions where it's really best to go R1 are QB, LT and EDGE. Good ones are really hard to find after that. It gets really bad after R3.

Blog Entries

Shadow troll, lurks then comes out of nowhere every now and then to compare everything Bill Belichick would do as if that strengthens every argument.

I said this was my #1 pending free agent signing. Dude is amongst the best corners I have ever watched and he is only getting better. Couple years as has been mentioned above, this will look like a steal of a signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Stanley’s problem is injuries. The greatest skill is availability. Do 5hey think he will be available every game for the next five years. No they don’t. Based on his injury history he has been a 14-15 game starter.
    I was just going to say, five years is 80 games, and I'm confident Stanley would be available for 70-75 of them. But you said the same thing, he has been a 14-15 game starter.

That's worth paying for.

I would argue we have tried, but it hasn’t been as effective as we would have hoped.
    Compounded some by failing to land Clowney or Yannick – but tried there too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Shadow troll, lurks then comes out of nowhere every now and then to compare everything Bill Belichick would do as if that strengthens every argument.

I said this was my #1 pending free agent signing. Dude is amongst the best corners I have ever watched and he is only getting better. Couple years as has been mentioned above, this will look like a steal of a signing.
    In a pass happy league with some bona fide superstar quarterbacks dropping dimes from 50 yards out? Having a talented playmaker at corner is invaluable.
    I still remember 2001,2004 and 2016 AFC championship games against the Patriots. All losses as Brady picked apart the secondary at will.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I was just going to say, five years is 80 games, and I'm confident Stanley would be available for 70-75 of them. But you said the same thing, he has been a 14-15 game starter.

That's worth paying for.
    How much is the question. You'll notice Marlon took less than Jalen Ramsey and got his deal done.

Ronnie Stanley, presumably seeking to top Tunsil, is still waiting.

I gotta side with EDC here, I am not signing Stanley to an offer above Tunsil. I'd franchise him before I'd do that.