Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Marlon Humphrey Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Shadow troll, lurks then comes out of nowhere every now and then to compare everything Bill Belichick would do as if that strengthens every argument.

I said this was my #1 pending free agent signing. Dude is amongst the best corners I have ever watched and he is only getting better. Couple years as has been mentioned above, this will look like a steal of a signing.
    Yeah, Bill Belichick would definitely not be my go-to for prioritizing pass rush over the secondary. In 20 years he's drafted an edge rusher in the 1st round literally only one time - it was a future Hall of Famer (Chandler Jones) and Bill still let him walk after his rookie contract.

There have been quite a few great defenses who emphasized secondary over pass rush, the 2000 Ravens being among them. Of course that's a different era, but more recently the LOB Super Bowls didn't have a 10-sack edge rusher in either of those seasons and Rex Ryan's dominant Jets defense had...like Calvin Pace or whatever. It was rough. But yeah, lots of ways to build a great defense. It doesn't mean our pass rush isn't an issue right now, but we shouldn't be so obsessed with the idea that we HAVE to built a strong pass rush that we literally let a potential HOF corner walk over it.

Buy low lol

Too much money. Was hoping it would be somewhere near Whites deal but Ramsey blew up the market. Stupid Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Too much money. Was hoping it would be somewhere near Whites deal but Ramsey blew up the market. Stupid Rams.
    That's the market value for a player like him.

our defensive front is weak and feeble.

23rd last year in yards given up per rushing attempt...masked cuz Lamar was able to get the jump on teams... but when he can't... we've headed for disaster... what is it...zero for something when behind at half?...

although "blown out" on the scoreboard in game 1 (it really wasn't a blowout)...Cleveland ran at will on us... Edwards-Solitaire and Mahomes could do anything... I missed the Texans game but it looks as though we didn't exactly blowout a bad team...

Ya don't like Belichik...all right...the Steelers. Last year, this year...1 or 2 vs the run. If we lost Lamar as they lost Ben, ya think our Ravens compete for the playoffs into the final week? This team collapses like a house of cards. Did the Steelers pull that amazing feat off with high priced defensive bax??? weeell...look who's sitting on top the div today? They've had no hype.

dbs are not worth the investment...I have the same sense of dread as I did with the Flacco deal...and look what that handcuff did for what, five, six years?

Although Ray was an "emotional" piece of that second SB run, they paid him way too long.

ya got to move on like Belichik and the Steelers...they don't get hung up on crutches nor follow trends with draft/cap capital...nor cling to sexy favorites...the pillars of consistency despite high turnover and all the fads that come and go. AB an issue? get the next AB...
    Last edited by wecoxepa; 10-02-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charmcityraven View Post
    That's the market value for a player like him.
    Let the market have him. I think Bill and the Steelers are like "good...they're draining...their brain...is draining..."*

*who remembers that from the Beatles "Help!"
    Last edited by wecoxepa; 10-02-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    If we lost Lamar as they lost Ben, ya think our Ravens compete for the playoffs into the final week?
    Considering we beat them with RGIII and a bunch of other backups, with nothing to play for, with them still fighting for a playoff spot, I say yes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Lol, this is embarrassing.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by bmw600 View Post
    Considering we beat them with RGIII and a bunch of other backups, with nothing to play for, with them still fighting for a playoff spot, I say yes.

their third stringer Duck handed us the game (ball) several times. Another smokescreen win. Despite their third string qb, Snell ran all over us and it was tight until Duck's final two boondoggles in the final minutes.

Do we think the Ravens could stuff the run as the Jets and Gregg Williams did last night vs a third string qb? I wish we had him and not overrated Wink. Maybe he'd push Harbs and the FO to be wiser with the investments.

We're not winning the Super Bowl, nor getting there, investing in a back-heavy defense. Good db's are treating the symptoms babay, not the underlying problem of the ball getting back there to begin with (via the ground or the air). It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by wecoxepa; 10-02-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    their third stringer Duck handed us the game (ball) several times. Another smokescreen win. Despite their third string qb, Snell ran all over us and it was tight until Duck's final two boondoggles in the final minutes.

Do we think the Ravens could stuff the run as the Jets did last night vs a third string qb?
    The Jets who gave up 37 points to a tire fire of a team? I think we would do just slightly better than that against the Broncos

Imagine holding the NY Jets as an example of anything positive in 2020.

Blog Entries

so... OJ Howard?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

So if you haven't seen it, Marlon's presser is worth watching. Great player, great human.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/vide...sing-extension
    "Chin up, chest out."