Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2021 NFL Draft prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Somebody give me o linemen to look at. I think a strong o lineman that can play at a high level week 1 is going to do more for this team than any other position
    OT:
    Alex Leatherwood - Alabama
    Jackson Cartman - Clemson
    Daniel Faalele - Minnesota
    Jalen Mayfield - Michigan

C:
    Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
    Josh Myers - Ohio State
    Drake Jackson - Kentucky

G:
    Wyatt Davis - Ohio State
    Trey Smith - Tennessee
    Cole Van Lanen - Wisconsin (He's playing T, candidate to move inside?)

No point in mentioning Sewell, obviously, but Leatherwood, Humphrey or W Davis could still be there at 28-32.

Blog Entries

If the Jets get the first pick in the draft, I think there is a chance that they trade down to accumulate picks and then draft Trey Lance. That would seem to make sense if Douglass is interested in hiring Roman to replace Gase as HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If the Jets get the first pick in the draft, I think there is a chance that they trade down to accumulate picks and then draft Trey Lance. That would seem to make sense if Douglass is interested in hiring Roman to replace Gase as HC.

Why not take Lawrence?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Why not take Lawrence?
    The Jets need a lot of help in so many areas. I also think there is a possibility that Lawrence will refuse to play for the Jets and force a trade. Just look at what has happened to Darnold’s career there.

Douglass will want his own HC and that HC will want his own QB. If Douglass is really considering Roman for the Jets HC job, a duel threat QB plus a bunch of draft picks might not be a bad idea.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Why not take Lawrence?
    Because it's the god damn Jets

Who has two first besides the Dolphins?

Why not take Lawrence?
    I dunno, 5 firsts might be enough to give me pause if I’m the Jets, 7 would do it for sure, 4 is an easy no.

Best prospect ever? Best since Elway? Best since Luck? No sure where on this he falls, but he’s in there, which means there are about 25 NFL teams that I would point and laugh at for passing on the opportunity to take him.

KC, BAL, HOU, BuF, ARI, CIN, MIA, LAC... ok maybe only 24...
    GB, SEA , DAL maybe...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I dunno, 5 firsts might be enough to give me pause if I’m the Jets, 7 would do it for sure, 4 is an easy no.

Best prospect ever? Best since Elway? Best since Luck? No sure where on this he falls, but he’s in there, which means there are about 25 NFL teams that I would point and laugh at for passing on the opportunity to take him.

KC, BAL, HOU, BuF, ARI, CIN, MIA, LAC... ok maybe only 24...
    GB, SEA , DAL maybe...

Again, then why not take Lawrence?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

The Jets need a lot of help in so many areas. I also think there is a possibility that Lawrence will refuse to play for the Jets and force a trade. Just look at what has happened to Darnold’s career there.

Douglass will want his own HC and that HC will want his own QB. If Douglass is really considering Roman for the Jets HC job, a duel threat QB plus a bunch of draft picks might not be a bad idea.

Lawrence is a dual threat.

I still don't follow the first part of your post. Sounds like you're scared?

Why not take Lawrence?
    I think Sewell is the right pick for them #1 overall

They could trade down a few spots with the Eagles and land Hurts eh?

Blog Entries

2021 NFL Draft prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    They could trade down a few spots with the Eagles and land Hurts eh?
    I think they might trade down in the first round and target Trey Lance if they hire Roman as HC. The Jets would then use the picks they got from that trade to fill some of the numerous holes they have.

If the Jets draft Lawrence, without the ability to improve their OL and skill position players, Lawrence is going to get killed, just like what has happened to Darnold.