Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2021 NFL Draft prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't know the specifics of the players as I'm not a draft guy, but as you guys have said above, strategy wise I think they should be very open to moving up if they are back half of the first again. I don't think they are in a position where they need to draft 10 rookies to stock the team with youth anymore. Being on the cusp of a SB, they need an immediate impact player, preferably at rusher, and not a Ferguson or a Bowser that is going to take multiple years to develop.
    Exactly! I completely agree. It's about stars now.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’m in... dude really might be the best OL prospect ever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to say no. I watched some of his film and he can be beat.

Personally I feel like Quenton Nelson was the best OL prospect I've ever seen. I know Nelson plays LG and Sewell plays LT, but Nelson to me was nastier, had better hand placement in both pass and run blocking, Nelson gave better effort play in and play out, and Nelson was about the same size if not heavier than Sewell is. Which is kind of dumb to say because it seems like I'm painting Sewell in a poor light when really he's an all world player.

But for me it was Nelson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’m in... dude really might be the best OL prospect ever...

The history of those really Offensive Tackle prospects has not always been good.

Tony Mandrich
    Greg Robinson
    Eric Fisher
    Jake Long
    Matt Kalil
    Jason Smith

Those were all at least top 5 and many top 1 or 2 picked. Sewell looks amazing but I really wish we could have seen him this year.

I’m a HUGE Rashod Bateman and Ardarius Washington fans.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Cool Re: 2021 NFL Draft prospects

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that.

Literally every year people fall, either a bad season, a bad combine, bad interviews etc.....
    I'll admit there are some guys who I can guarantee won't be there when we pick (Sewell, Chase, Parsons etc..) but guys who are projected to go outside of the top 10 will have some fallers. People may not like Waddles size or they may need a bigger outside receiver. People may not need IOL and don't want to reach for the position, people may want a LB like Dylan Moses or Parsons. There are some decent CB's in this draft, maybe 2 or 3 first rounders.

Plus you can always count on Seattle to take a 4th round type of guy in the 1st round, the Raiders will reach on a player more often than not, and don't forget about teams that will be desperate for a QB and will reach on a guy.

When the math is said and done I'm sure there will be a talented guy available for us when we pick. I wouldn't be shocked if Deonte Brown was available when we picked, same goes for Devonte Smith. People might not like that he's so light and skinny. That's why I listed some of these names.

And this might the year that the FO decides "we need an elite player at XYZ position. Lets trade way the hell up and get a stud" ala the Falcons when they got Julio Jones. Granted that's not how this FO thinks but they might look at the team and think we've been missing an alpha receiver forever, or an alpha OL for a long time. Maybe that's what we're missing.

I know it's a lot of if's and's or buts. But this early in the process it's ok to do that because those possibilities are plausible.
    You know, I really get tired of people mentioning Julio Jones as an example for the Ravens to copy as a draft strategy. While he is a great player, the Falcons F*&ked up their team's chances for about 3 years with all of the draft capital they gave up plus it weakened their already shitty defense by not having enough draft picks to pick defensive players.

Those years it was the Falcons trying to out score everybody as the only way to could try to win a game and it didn't work.

I don't mind if the Ravens trade up if it's reasonable. However, not for what the Falcons did with Jones!

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The history of those really Offensive Tackle prospects has not always been good.

Tony Mandrich
    Greg Robinson
    Eric Fisher
    Jake Long
    Matt Kalil
    Jason Smith

Those were all at least top 5 and many top 1 or 2 picked. Sewell looks amazing but I really wish we could have seen him this year.
    Mandarich is the most pertinent name on that list.

Most of those guys are a FEW tiers behind the Sewell.

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that.

Literally every year people fall, either a bad season, a bad combine, bad interviews etc.....
    I'll admit there are some guys who I can guarantee won't be there when we pick (Sewell, Chase, Parsons etc..) but guys who are projected to go outside of the top 10 will have some fallers. People may not like Waddles size or they may need a bigger outside receiver. People may not need IOL and don't want to reach for the position, people may want a LB like Dylan Moses or Parsons. There are some decent CB's in this draft, maybe 2 or 3 first rounders.

Plus you can always count on Seattle to take a 4th round type of guy in the 1st round, the Raiders will reach on a player more often than not, and don't forget about teams that will be desperate for a QB and will reach on a guy.

When the math is said and done I'm sure there will be a talented guy available for us when we pick. I wouldn't be shocked if Deonte Brown was available when we picked, same goes for Devonte Smith. People might not like that he's so light and skinny. That's why I listed some of these names.

And this might the year that the FO decides "we need an elite player at XYZ position. Lets trade way the hell up and get a stud" ala the Falcons when they got Julio Jones. Granted that's not how this FO thinks but they might look at the team and think we've been missing an alpha receiver forever, or an alpha OL for a long time. Maybe that's what we're missing.

I know it's a lot of if's and's or buts. But this early in the process it's ok to do that because those possibilities are plausible.
    This is undoubtedly true. Grant Delpit was a sure fire 1st rounder and even considered as a Top 10 prospect entering his last college season.

I can't see an OT run in the 1st round like last year but on the other hand there are probably 3 TEs worthy of a 1st round pick when in 2020 the first TE was taken at 43.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    You know, I really get tired of people mentioning Julio Jones as an example for the Ravens to copy as a draft strategy. While he is a great player, the Falcons F*&ked up their team's chances for about 3 years with all of the draft capital they gave up plus it weakened their already shitty defense by not having enough draft picks to pick defensive players.

Those years it was the Falcons trying to out score everybody as the only way to could try to win a game and it didn't work.

I don't mind if the Ravens trade up if it's reasonable. However, not for what the Falcons did with Jones!
    Well......................I agree, and I kind of don't. I think the Falcons shouldn't have done it because they were more than just one player away from being a championship team. They had a few holes on defense and a couple on offense. The offense was really Matt Ryan, Roddy white, and Gonazalez (all pass). They needed help at more than one spot.

The reason I brought it up though was because it does seem like this team is just a player or two away. We need one great pass rusher and an alpha receiver. The Ravens have a QB, they have a run game, they have a lot of complimentary receivers, they have a secondary, they have some young and promising LB's, they have run stuffers on the DL. They need pass rush and a true impact threat at WR.
    Now would I give away an entire draft to trade up 20 spots? no, I'm sorry, but no. This team is above most of the league because they hit on 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks. But I would certainly entertain the idea to give up 3 or 4 picks to move up 10 to 15 spots and get a stud at a position of need. Once upon a time this team was considering trading up to get Khalil Mack in that 2014 draft, they'll do it if the opportunity presents itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    This is undoubtedly true. Grant Delpit was a sure fire 1st rounder and even considered as a Top 10 prospect entering his last college season.

I can't see an OT run in the 1st round like last year but on the other hand there are probably 3 TEs worthy of a 1st round pick when in 2020 the first TE was taken at 43.
    Yep, yep, and yep.

You never know what position groups will really emerge with top end talent and you never know who retires and what positions of need to be filled on what team and who likes what person etc.......

The draft is a crap shoot honestly, but one thing I can gaurentee EVERY SINGLE YEAR, people fall. People get drafted way below where they're projected. Where they're projected in September and October vs where they're projected in April, and hell even where they're projected on draft night. It always happens!

Blog Entries

Kyle Pitts please

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He’s the greatest I’ve ever seen!!! Bahahaha! Ghey!!!