Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

2021 NFL Draft prospects

So I usually start this thread because I'm a draft nut. Last year it didn't happen because I'm a medical professional, and with Covid-19 rolling around............Yeah, it didn't happen last year.

I'm also being pretty agitated from the KC game on Monday night, so I definitely have the itch to get this thread going.

I'm definitely only going to focus on the positions of need instead of all the positions like I used to do. However you people are very welcome to say whatever you want in this thread. I feel like the positions of need are: IOL, WR, Edge rusher, not in that order. I feel like you could put safety on there, but I think Elliot will get better with time. I think LB and IDL are fine as well as OT (yes even after the KC game), QB, RB, and TE. I will highlight some of my favorite players even if they aren't a position of need though.

IOL prospects:
    Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio St.
    Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma
    Josh Meyers, OC, Ohio St.
    Deonte Brown, OG, Bama
    Trey Smith, IOL, Tennessee

WR:
    Jamarr Chase, WR, LSU
    Jaylen Waddle, WR, Bama
    Devonta Smith, WR, Bama
    Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
    Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
    Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

Edge:
    Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State (he's kinda an MLB ILB, but I could project him as an OLB)
    Carlos Basham, Edge, Wake Forest
    Quincy Roche, Edge, Miami
    Jayson Oweh, Edge, Penn St.
    Shaka Toney, Edge Penn St.
    Chris Rumph II, Edge Duke
    Tyreke Smith, Edge, Ohio St.
    Xavier Thomas, Edge, Clemson
    K.J. Henry, Edge Clemson
    Ronnie Perkins, Edge, Oklahoma

Now, for the edge players I've only mentioned players that fit our system. So, I left out the notable 4-3 edge guys who are bigger and longer who don't really fit.

Of the guys I've listed my favorites are:

All of the IOL guys I mentioned
    Jamarr Chase
    Rondale Moore
    Jaylen Waddle
    Seth Williams
    Carlos Basham
    Chris Rumph (kinda light, but has great first step quickness and pass rush moves)
    Xavier Thomas (is flying under the radar after a bad sophomore season, but he's got a lot of potential, needs to lose weight)
    Micah Parsons (Likely won't be available for us)

Re: 2021 NFL Draft prospects

Terrace Marshall

Can't imagine it be anything other than an edge rusher.

But I'm willing to trade Stanley and our first to trade up for Sewell.

A man can dream..

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

A man can dream..
    I’m in... dude really might be the best OL prospect ever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’m in... dude really might be the best OL prospect ever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not even an exaggeration.

19 years old and his combination of size, speed and athleticism makes no sense.

I can see him going #1 overall instead of Lawrence if it's the Jets, Giants or the Bungles at that spot. Maybe Philly too.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

A man can dream..
    🤯

If the ravens were to trade stanley, i sure hope they do get sewell and a edge guy that can play with his hair on fire. 2 edge guys that are good are carlos basham jr quincy roche. maybe joe tyron and also miach parsons

Some major shit has to go very wrong the rest of the season to have a chance at a decent portion of this list.

Parsons, not a chance he’s within 10 picks of us picking. Same with Davis and Brown under iOL.

As far as WR’s, if we are in the bottom 5 of the draft where many assume we will be, the only WR’s we will have a shot at on your list is Williams or Bateman because the others will be gone. May be 3 in the top 10. So I’m not sure what’s even the point to list guys like Parsons/Chase/Waddle/Smith. Literally no chance at them being where we pick.

On top of that, I know people here want new WR’s but we just drafted a couple back to back years. I just don’t think they give up on them already. And even on top of that, with where we pick and the annual run on WR, picking one late in the first round is probably a very bad idea. There will surely be better prospects around them but not the flashy pick of WR. The FO is smart and won’t force themselves into a pick if it’s not good value.

Other than my points I stated, I like the list outside of the sever wishful thinking behind some of them.

This team needs edge help in the worst way. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aggressively sought and brought a FA in or moved up in the draft to get that future at the position.

I think this FO knows that we have a little window here to stack a team with all of our young guys still on great deals. They could even trade for one mid season. Because they know in a couple years, we have some young guys that will prohibit being able to fill positions with very good players.

Jaelan Phillips, Edge - Miami (This is a guy you can probably have in late-ish rounds because of his injury history)
    Patrick Jones II, Edge - Pittsburgh

Jaylen Twyman, also from Pitts, although he's an interior guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Some major shit has to go very wrong the rest of the season to have a chance at a decent portion of this list.

Parsons, not a chance he’s within 10 picks of us picking. Same with Davis and Brown under iOL.

As far as WR’s, if we are in the bottom 5 of the draft where many assume we will be, the only WR’s we will have a shot at on your list is Williams or Bateman because the others will be gone. May be 3 in the top 10. So I’m not sure what’s even the point to list guys like Parsons/Chase/Waddle/Smith. Literally no chance at them being where we pick.

On top of that, I know people here want new WR’s but we just drafted a couple back to back years. I just don’t think they give up on them already. And even on top of that, with where we pick and the annual run on WR, picking one late in the first round is probably a very bad idea. There will surely be better prospects around them but not the flashy pick of WR. The FO is smart and won’t force themselves into a pick if it’s not good value.

Other than my points I stated, I like the list outside of the sever wishful thinking behind some of them.

This team needs edge help in the worst way. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aggressively sought and brought a FA in or moved up in the draft to get that future at the position.

I think this FO knows that we have a little window here to stack a team with all of our young guys still on great deals. They could even trade for one mid season. Because they know in a couple years, we have some young guys that will prohibit being able to fill positions with very good players.
    I'm not so sure about that.

Literally every year people fall, either a bad season, a bad combine, bad interviews etc.....
    I'll admit there are some guys who I can guarantee won't be there when we pick (Sewell, Chase, Parsons etc..) but guys who are projected to go outside of the top 10 will have some fallers. People may not like Waddles size or they may need a bigger outside receiver. People may not need IOL and don't want to reach for the position, people may want a LB like Dylan Moses or Parsons. There are some decent CB's in this draft, maybe 2 or 3 first rounders.

Plus you can always count on Seattle to take a 4th round type of guy in the 1st round, the Raiders will reach on a player more often than not, and don't forget about teams that will be desperate for a QB and will reach on a guy.

When the math is said and done I'm sure there will be a talented guy available for us when we pick. I wouldn't be shocked if Deonte Brown was available when we picked, same goes for Devonte Smith. People might not like that he's so light and skinny. That's why I listed some of these names.

And this might the year that the FO decides "we need an elite player at XYZ position. Lets trade way the hell up and get a stud" ala the Falcons when they got Julio Jones. Granted that's not how this FO thinks but they might look at the team and think we've been missing an alpha receiver forever, or an alpha OL for a long time. Maybe that's what we're missing.

I know it's a lot of if's and's or buts. But this early in the process it's ok to do that because those possibilities are plausible.

And I can't believe I forgot to mention this. But Dylan Moses can play OLB for us. He's an uber athlete for Alabama. 6'3 240 lbs. I think he'll need some upper body strength, but his burst, explosiveness, first step, football IQ are all NFL ready. I wouldn't mind taking him in the first. If we wanted you could line him up at ILB, or if you like Harrison and Queen (both of which I think will turn into great players) then throw him in as an edge. I actually love that idea.

Blog Entries

I don't know the specifics of the players as I'm not a draft guy, but as you guys have said above, strategy wise I think they should be very open to moving up if they are back half of the first again. I don't think they are in a position where they need to draft 10 rookies to stock the team with youth anymore. Being on the cusp of a SB, they need an immediate impact player, preferably at rusher, and not a Ferguson or a Bowser that is going to take multiple years to develop.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52