Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Steelers @ Titans Postponed

So far it's still this week but this could screw up the bye weeks if it gets pushed back further

https://www.nfl.com/news/pittsburgh-...day-or-tuesday

This week's game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tennessee Titans, originally scheduled to be played at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, has been postponed, a league source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The game is expected to be played either on Monday or Tuesday.

The decision to postpone the AFC matchup comes after four Titans players and five Titans personnel tested positive for COVID-19 in the days following their Week 3 win over the Minnesota Vikings in Minneapolis. No member of the Vikings has tested positive.

Around The NFL will have more on the Steelers-Titans postponement shortly.

Re: Steelers @ Titans Postponed

Tuesday please!

Blog Entries

yes Tuesday would work. My concern is this is not likely to be the only time a team has to deal with it...and adding two days doesn't really help much IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Do they have to quarantine for two weeks? This tweet makes it sound like they're gonna play through it

#Titans
    head coach Mike Vrabel says of the nine members of his club (players and staff) who currently have tested COVID positive, "Some of them are indeed experiencing flu-like symptoms, (but) nothing out of the ordinary. We anticipate they will feel better shortly."

Hadn't heard Tuesday as an option, but I had heard Monday. This one game could pretty easily be rescheduled by playing it Week 7 and moving Ravens/Steelers from Week 7 to Week 8.

But, the problem would be if/when this occurs again. It's not like in baseball where they can have the Cardinals play 11 doubleheaders to make up the games (and they still only played 58 instead of 60 games)

My guess is they play Monday night IF there are no more positives as they are trying to avoid the first shift in bye weeks. IF there are any more positives (which is probably pretty likely based off of what we saw with Marlins and Cardinals), then I think they will be forced to reschedule to Week 7 and push back Ravens/Steelers to Week 8.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Hadn't heard Tuesday as an option, but I had heard Monday. This one game could pretty easily be rescheduled by playing it Week 7 and moving Ravens/Steelers from Week 7 to Week 8.

But, the problem would be if/when this occurs again. It's not like in baseball where they can have the Cardinals play 11 doubleheaders to make up the games (and they still only played 58 instead of 60 games)

My guess is they play Monday night IF there are no more positives as they are trying to avoid the first shift in bye weeks. IF there are any more positives (which is probably pretty likely based off of what we saw with Marlins and Cardinals), then I think they will be forced to reschedule to Week 7 and push back Ravens/Steelers to Week 8.
    That would push the Ravens bye up to week 7. It would also mean 3 straight road games for the Steelers.

We knew these things were going to happen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yes Tuesday would work. My concern is this is not likely to be the only time a team has to deal with it...and adding two days doesn't really help much IMO
    Those two extra days and...

they're good to go... Bc

Blog Entries

Pat McAfee made the point that the NFL has the SB hotels booked for a month after when it's scheduled. So he's saying they could extend the season if any games eventually have to be postponed.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

This season will either not end or have a big asterisk. In my opinion, it will be a bigger asterisk than the work-stoppage seasons of the 80's and 90's.

All projections, though they may be wrong, are that cases will skyrocket when the cold settles in. Expect much more of this going forward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    This season will either not end or have a big asterisk. In my opinion, it will be a bigger asterisk than the work-stoppage seasons of the 80's and 90's.

All projections, though they may be wrong, are that cases will skyrocket when the cold settles in. Expect much more of this going forward.
    I really hope you're wrong. I tend to think lean in that direction too but I'm seriously crossing my fingers on this one.

Blog Entries

I noticed their long snapper tested positive so they'll have to find someone else. Folks were joking about Ravens protecting the LS but this is something to keep an eye on during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Pat McAfee made the point that the NFL has the SB hotels booked for a month after when it's scheduled. So he's saying they could extend the season if any games eventually have to be postponed.
    I love The Pat McAfee show

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk