Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

“Non” Sack Daddy and Judon

First things first shout out to Bowser. I know he missed that sack on Mahomes but he’s been our best rusher so far and it’s not even close. Where in the hell Jaylon Ferguson? Sack daddy my ass. Judon seemed to check out the moment he didn’t get his contract. I had a feeling when he made those “I’m not the franchise player” comments.
    Last edited by Mmcclend; 09-30-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Re: “Non” Sack Daddy and Judon

Bowser looked bad too imo. The moment I turned the TV off was when I saw Judon covering Mecole Hardman lmfao

All year? It's only week 4 in a season that alot of the young and veteran players were robbed from preseason due to covid 19

Blog Entries

I'm not going to lie and say I'm objective here because I have personally never liked Judon as a personality or his on field play, and I've been consistent on that for several years, so IMO the decision to franchise him and the current results totally suck ass. By no means is he a bad player but he also is not a 16M+ player, an impact player. With the money they are paying him they could have gotten Ngakoue (2 sacks + 2 FF in 3 games) or any number of other players in FA or trade.

Of course, we would be the team that franchises a guy and watches him go on to phone in the season instead of having a big contract year.

I give more rope to Ferguson because he's still a young player. I feel like he's going to be one of these guys that explodes in the last year of his rookie contract (see Bowser).

Agree on Bowser, he has seemed to be pretty good, and he's certainly changed my mind from where I was on him a year or two ago.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Zero sacks from Judon but im sure eventually he'll rack up about 4 sacks against some crappy OL and then run into the tunnel like hes cool or something

Jaylon Ferguson has been the biggest disappointment for me. I felt he got better each week last year and I really thought that would carry over.

It hasn't. He looks slow, he doesn't have enough power to make up for it. It's just bad.

Judon has also been just bad. They're asking him to do a lot of things, but the problem is he's not doing those things very well. Compare that to Bowser, Bowser is doing a lot of those things well. He looks fluid in coverage, his tackling is better (sans Mahomes sack attempt) and he's getting after the passer a bit better.

Judon did have a good pass rushing week against the Texans though. 6 pressures and Tytus Howard held him three times. So I'll give him credit there.

At this point with Judon, they need to move him. Play him as the Rush LB and let Bowser be the versatile SAM.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    All year? It's only week 4 in a season that alot of the young and veteran players were robbed from preseason due to covid 19
    You’re right. I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Bowser looked bad too imo. The moment I turned the TV off was when I saw Judon covering Mecole Hardman lmfao
    I think my expectations have been so low for him that I’m surprised he’s making plays lol

Blog Entries

I like Judon, but he's not The Guy and the Ravens shouldn't pay him like he is.

He's more a Jared Johnson than a Suggs or Bouleware.

Bowser is playing well. He's also not The Guy, but he looks like a younger, cheaper Judon so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

Bowser is playing well. He's also not The Guy, but he looks like a younger, cheaper Judon so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    They should offer him a modest extension NOW.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: “Non” Sack Daddy and Judon

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

I agree with all your statements here... Bc

Blog Entries

Judon is by far the biggest disappointment. He isn't getting any kind of consistent passrush, and he sucks against the run.