Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 242526
    Blog Entries

Re: 1st Prez Debate Live Stream

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You do understand that states have to agree to the National guard? Trump is a president not a dictator he can’t just make it happen without the states consent.
    He can federally activate them without the consent of the governors.

See: Perpich v. United States.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I’m no internet expert but I don’t know if you can make a website point to another with out the permission of the other website. I believe it needs to be done by the main website. Could be wrong though.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/3455297001/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    He can federally activate them without the consent of the governors.

See: Perpich v. United States.

All I see is that this says someone can serve in both the State and National guard at the same time

The real issue with the national guard is that you don’t really want to send them in without support and coordination with state and local police. If governors and mayors are not going to cooperate, then it’s not going to be a great situation and not a good idea to send them in, it easily could make things worse

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/3455297001/

Just like when you go to BLM and hit donate, it brings you to the same Biden donation page

Blog Entries

All I see is that this says someone can serve in both the State and National guard at the same time
    The state and National Guard are the same thing, though some states have other militia that isn't National Guard. Maryland also has the Maryland Defense Force, though they aren't really up to defending much. Really good people, though.

Unless activated pursuant to law enacted by Congress, the National Guard is under authority of the Governor. When my unit responded to the Gray riots in Baltimore, the AGR (Active Guard and Reserve) soldiers or any on other Federal orders couldn't participate. They could help man the command center, but they couldn't join the Soldiers in the city. Posse Comitatus prevented them from doing so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Just like when you go to BLM and hit donate, it brings you to the same Biden donation page
    I just did it and didn't go to the Biden donation page.

Blog Entries

The state and National Guard are the same thing, though some states have other militia that isn't National Guard. Maryland also has the Maryland Defense Force, though they aren't really up to defending much. Really good people, though.

Unless activated pursuant to law enacted by Congress, the National Guard is under authority of the Governor. When my unit responded to the Gray riots in Baltimore, the AGR (Active Guard and Reserve) soldiers or any on other Federal orders couldn't participate. They could help man the command center, but they couldn't join the Soldiers in the city. Posse Comitatus prevented them from doing so.

So than that's what I was saying. Trump just can't send in the Guard, the Governors have to agree to it.

9. Re: 1st Prez Debate Live Stream

So than that's what I was saying. Trump just can't send in the Guard, the Governors have to agree to it.
    The president has the authority to take over the National Guard of any state. They then become 'Title 10" meaning they fall under the end strength of the Army. There is a few other things that happen but this is the biggest.

Blog Entries

Then you were right. Trump could activate the National Guard and then...do nothing. He'd have to declare it an insurrection under the Insurrection Act, which would be factually wrong, legally erroneous, and stupid. Not that it being factually wrong, legally erroneous, and stupid has stopped some Trump supporters from urging he and Barr to do just that, but the more practical solution is the governors in impacted states activating the Guard.

The problem with that is the Guard is less practiced at dealing with civil unrest since 9/11 than they were before, and they weren't much practiced before. We used to line up and do crowd control and baton drills in the late '90s once a year. That was it. It hasn't happened since 9/11, at least not in any unit I was part of.

The Guard does have Public Affairs resources, however, and leadership could look for influential people among the protestors to work with. Patrols of significant numbers of the Guard could help dissuade rioters. The mere presence of the Guard in parts of Baltimore back in '15 had a calming effect.

I’m no internet expert but I don’t know if you can make a website point to another with out the permission of the other website. I believe it needs to be done by the main website. Could be wrong though.
    Nothing technical stops one website from redirecting to another outright. There are some controls that will prevent one website from rendering parts of another site in a frame on the page (I believe that's only if both are using different ssl certificates though)

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk