Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Y’all gotta chiiiiill

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Lower your Lamar Era expectations. We're not winning a Super Bowl, I'd be thrilled if he can get us to 1-1 in the post-season.
    Welp, I guess that does it then. Better start looking for our next QB. Maybe we can get Trevor Lawrence

Trolling at its finest. The defending MVP is not good enough for some people, I guess. I do remember Lamar being booed at home vs the Chargers so it doesn’t surprise me. Look at Flaccos performance in 2010 (his third year) in the playoffs at PIT and tell me you would rather have that.

The fact Lamar was booed should tell you something. The only reason you don’t put Flacco in that game is because you want preserve a rookie’s confidence and you know Flacco’s already on the way out. Otherwise that would have improved our chances at a comeback. I like how Ravens fans got amnesia the second Flacco left town.

The fact Lamar was booed should tell you something. The only reason you don’t put Flacco in that game is because you want preserve a rookie’s confidence and you know Flacco’s already on the way out. Otherwise that would have improved our chances at a comeback. I like how Ravens fans got amnesia the second Flacco left town.
    Are you sure it’s not you that has amnesia? I don’t remember Flacco doing much of anything his first 3 years in the league. Certainly nowhere near as good as Lamar has been, playoffs or otherwise. Also strange how you double down on “booing Lamar” in 2020 with the benefit of hindsight.

Flacco was the first rookie QB to win his first 2 playoff games.

Flacco was the first rookie QB to win his first 2 playoff games.
    He had a 47% completion rate, 1 TD and 5 INTS, with a YPA of 5.5 in the 2008/2009 playoffs. And in 2008 he was strip sacked which lost the AFCC (otherwise known as a BIG GAME). I guess the clutch gene turns on and off depending on the bigness of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    He had a 47% completion rate, 1 TD and 5 INTS, with a YPA of 5.5 in the 2008/2009 playoffs. And in 2008 he was strip sacked which lost the AFCC (otherwise known as a BIG GAME). I guess the clutch gene turns on and off depending on the bigness of the game?
    Or it shows up in the 2-0 column vs. the 0-2 column.

Honestly now thinking about it I would love to have seen Lamar working with guys like Torrey, Boldin, Pitta, Rice, Jacoby, etc. And a line like we had in 2012 with Burke KO and Yanda. this team could desperately use a veteran receiver like Boldin or Derrick Mason or Steve Smith.

2-1. He lost the AFCC in 2008. Guess he wasn’t clutch enough!

Again, what does this have to do with anything. Wins are not exclusively a QB stat. When the QB plays terribly and the team wins anyway he shouldn’t receive much credit, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    2-1. He lost the AFCC in 2008. Guess he wasn’t clutch enough!
    No, but considering his loss was in the AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh, vs. 2 chokes against teams we’re favored to beat at home, Flacco > Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    Again, what does this have to do with anything. Wins are not exclusively a QB stat. When the QB plays terribly and the team wins anyway he shouldn’t receive much credit, IMO.
    Nothing is exclusively a QB stat. Everything depends on others. But it’s hard to spin a 2-1 rookie playoff record and advancing to the AFCC your rookie year vs. shitting your pants in 2 consecutive home playoff games.