Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Y’all gotta chiiiiill

The teacher Reid schooled his student Harbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think they played a few weeks later, if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Tangent, but I don't think that is totally right. I seem to remember a pretty money throw against the Titans in 2008 as a rookie as well as a GWD. He made some crushing turnovers against the Steelers. And played on 1 leg in 2009. But by in large he was always up for the big games. He had problems doing it consistently week to week. He is like the inverse of Lamar.
    He wasn’t asked to do very much because of how good the defense was, but he was very much a replacement level QB in those games. He had a 47% completion rate, 1 TD and 5 INTS, with a YPA of 5.5 in the 2008/2009 playoffs. If any other QB but a Raven QB had those numbers we would all think he sucked. He really played well in the KC game in 2010 and then really turned it on in 2011/2012.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    This happens quite a bit with players like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Mahomes and less often with others but still happens from time to time. Lamar is uniquely a front-runner.
    Rodgers wasn't all that clutch his first couple of years in the league as a starter. I still remember him like it was yesterday getting strip sacked (wasn't even from his blind side) and losing the NFC WC game vs the Cardinals. Also Brees was practically run out of San Diego.

I’m also very happy to forgive Lamar for last night because nobody was open and everybody was dropping balls lol. Honestly it was nuts how inept Lamar’s targets looked. Unable to separate, dropping balls, literally colliding with one another. It was ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I’m also very happy to forgive Lamar for last night because nobody was open and everybody was dropping balls lol. Honestly it was nuts how inept Lamar’s targets looked. Unable to separate, dropping balls, literally colliding with one another. It was ugly.
    Stanley falling asleep on a screen

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Stanley falling asleep on a screen
    100%
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

literally colliding with one another.
    That was pretty much a microcosm of the team on both sides of the ball.

It all rubs off on the rest of the team. They begin to panic, not believing in themselves, the coaches see Lamar antsy about getting back out there and they placate him by having him throw his way back in the game, abandoning the run. It all starts with the team's lead horse, the man everyone talks about, the man showered with praise by the press.

Lamar had his share of misses.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Lamar is uniquely a front-runner.
    Lamar is unique in a lot of ways.

• Youngest QB to start a playoff game in NFL history
    • Youngest QB to win MVP in NFL history
    • Youngest unanimous MVP in NFL history
    • Only QB with over 40 TDs and 10 or fewer INTs on his first 600 attempts in NFL history
    • Only player to lead the league in TD passes while rushing for over a thousand yards
    • Highest reg season winning pct of any active QB. (Second-highest total win% incl playoffs; behind Mahomes & ahead of Brady)

Lamar's not "uniquely a front-runner"; Lamar is unique in not having trailed at the half enough times for the percentages to get him a win.

Lamar is, what, 0-6 when down at halftime? Is that the stat?

• The average NFL team loses 80% of games when they are down at halftime.
    • That means the average team wins 1 in 5 of their games when down at the half.
    • Lamar has only had six such opportunities. EVER.
    • He'd be "expected" to win 1.2 games, of the times he's trailed at the half
    • So the 23yo QB is one game "off" the expected win rate when down at the half. Excuse me: 1.2 games.

And you think that's "meaningful"? That is the silliest thing I have heard this month.
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 01-03-2021 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Lamar is unique in a lot of ways.

• Youngest QB to start a playoff game in NFL history
    • Youngest QB to win MVP in NFL history
    • Youngest unanimous MVP in NFL history
    • Only QB with over 40 TDs and 10 or fewer TDs on his first 600 attempts in NFL history
    • Only player to lead the league in TD passes while rushing for over a thousand yards
    • Highest reg season winning pct of any active QB. (Second-highest total win% incl playoffs; behind Mahomes & ahead of Brady)

Lamar's not "uniquely a front-runner"; Lamar is unique in not having trailed at the half enough times for the percentages to get him a win.

Lamar is, what, 0-6 when down at halftime? Is that the stat?

• The average NFL team loses 80% of games when they are down at halftime.
    • That means the average team wins 1 in 5 of their games when down at the half.
    • Lamar has only had six such opportunities. EVER.
    • He'd be "expected" to win 1.2 games, of the times he's trailed at the half
    • So the 23yo QB is one game "off" the expected win rate when down at the half. Excuse me: 1.2 games.

And you think that's "meaningful"? That is the silliest thing I have heard this month.
    People around here idolize a QB who usually didn’t play well enough to have a significant lead and was generally winning or losing 1 possession games so this isn’t surprising.