Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Y’all gotta chiiiiill

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The clutch gene only shows up when the team wins? Sounds more like the front-running results-oriented-thinking gene.
    He never closes the deal and in almost any drive where he needs to respond with a TD, he either turns it over or turns it over on downs. It's consistent. We all see it. Not all of us admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I can think of a ton of "clutch" moments from LJ, but the one I remember most was that fateful 4th down vs Seattle. And, oh by the way, we won that game FTB.
    That was a great play, yet notice all these moments occur when the team gets up early or stays with the team. Any time this team falls behind by double digits, it's game over.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I don't think the loss is the reason for frustration. It sucks thinking we can't beat KC, which hurts any real superbowl chance, but I think the real frustration is with the coaches.

If we kept it competitive, stuck to what we're good at, and lost a close one, I almost guarantee there'd be a lot less frustration. People want to know why our coaches flip the stupid switch in games like this and in the playoffs
    This 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    He never closes the deal and in almost any drive where he needs to respond with a TD, he either turns it over or turns it over on downs. It's consistent. We all see it. Not all of us admit it.
    2018 vs LAC
    2019 vs SEA
    2018 vs CIN
    2018 vs OAK
    3029 vs SF

All games that we won that I remember being down and LJ responded with a big TD. And that's just off the top of my head.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

That was a great play, yet notice all these moments occur when the team gets up early or stays with the team. Any time this team falls behind by double digits, it's game over.

That's true about just about every team in the NFL not playing against Atlanta.

[/B]

Right. In the NFL if you have a lead at half you win 80% of the time - that’s any lead, not even double digit leads.

[/B]

This happens quite a bit with players like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Mahomes and less often with others but still happens from time to time. Lamar is uniquely a front-runner.

I can think of a ton of "clutch" moments from LJ, but the one I remember most was that fateful 4th down vs Seattle. And, oh by the way, we won that game FTB.
    Lamar willed us to overtime in Pittsburgh 2 weeks before that, in a game where he got sacked 5 times and generally beat-up. Marlon Humphrey set up the game-winner in OT, but Lamar got us there.

Not a big game? A medium-sized game? No pressure? I don't think so.

Blog Entries

I'm not concerned that the Ravens aren't good. I'm concerned they'll never win a championship under this quarterback. I've yet to see that clutch gene that you spot immediately after watching football for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    LJ is 23 and you have a short memory.
    I agree with D R. LJ8 in his early 20's and FTB is ready to dismiss him already. If my math is correct, the Ravens are 22 - 4 in regular season play with him @ QB. Yes Joe Flacco won several playoff games before our 2012/13 championship, but it took 5 years to do so. Let's be patient and give this fine young man, who represents us so well, time to mature and I feel (although cannot prove) that he will bring Baltimore a 3rd NFL Super Bowl victory. While time will tell, it's been a pretty good ride so far... Bc

This happens quite a bit with players like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Mahomes and less often with others but still happens from time to time. Lamar is uniquely a front-runner.
    I think you'd be really surprised just how rare it actually is.

I remember how bad Flacco was in big games for the first 3 years of his career (2008 and 2010 vs steelers and 2009 vs the colts ) and he turned out okay. It’s way too early to say whether Lamar is or isn’t clutch.